bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Lisa's Fleet Flight technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 3, 10 2:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 05/03/2010 at 2:25:44 AM PST

Re:Post any Lisa's Fleet Flight technical issues here only

[Post New]by anglhrt770 on May 3, 10 8:21 AM
Hello there! I downloaded this game as I love TM games, however, I can not get it to start; in my task manager it shows it as started,but, in reality it never even flickers on my screen. (I hope this makes sense! lol) Any and all help greatly appreciated!!

Shari

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on May 3, 10 8:43 AM
I cannot get the game to start. When I click play it doesn't go to the game and when I open my task manager it says the game is running but it is not visible to me. My system is up to date on everything. Can anyone help ? Thanks so much.

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on May 3, 10 8:53 AM
Game runs very with a great deal of lag for me. Things seem slow and glitchy, which is a shame because I liked the idea of a different type of shop to run around in that wasn't food service for a change

[Post New]by Cattriona on May 3, 10 10:47 AM
anglhrt770 wrote:I downloaded this game as I love TM games, however, I can not get it to start; in my task manager it shows it as started,but, in reality it never even flickers on my screen.

I am having the exact same problem. I am running Win XP.

Thanks!

[Post New]by anglhrt770 on May 3, 10 1:35 PM
Cattriona wrote:
anglhrt770 wrote:I downloaded this game as I love TM games, however, I can not get it to start; in my task manager it shows it as started,but, in reality it never even flickers on my screen.

I am having the exact same problem. I am running Win XP.

Thanks!

I am using Vista so I guess its not an issue with what we are using. My system is also up to date on everything, had to update when I had a problem with another game. :-)

[Post New]by mystara on May 3, 10 2:28 PM
I am able to start the game up and get two splash screens then I get a black screen and the game will not load. I am up to date and using Vista. Any solutions?

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 3, 10 5:12 PM
I had to re-install FlashPlayer (I've been having to install it often with some games despite it IS there and updated). I managed to get the game running, but it went slow and the character movements was staggered.
Although I was waiting for the computer to freeze it never did.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on May 3, 10 9:06 PM
I cant even get this to download correctly. The initial install file gives errors during the download and it takes forever for the icon to change to the BF icon. Then when I attept to download it, its only downloading at about 30k which is highly unusual for my BF downloads. THen when it says it installs, I have the same problem as most others here. Task manager says its running, but its not.

[Post New]by FranticFreddie on May 4, 10 2:08 AM
I even can't get it beyond the "Install Flash Player - Yes/No" Dialog.

It does not matter whether I click "Yes" or "No". The Game Manager responds immediately with "Installation failed".
btw. installed Flashplayer is up to date

[Post New]by namine27 on May 4, 10 8:53 AM
I am having the same issues as everyone else basically. It is a black screen when started. It is even using up my 60 minutes, and I am not even playing it. I LOVE time management games, I have beat all them here, we need more!

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on May 4, 10 8:29 PM
Is there going to be a fix or an updated version of this game it seems that many of us are having the same problem that the game simply doesn't appear on our screen but is running and using up the minutes on the trial even though we are not actually playing the game. Seems like a really cool game I would like to give it a go but it simply doesn't appear on my screen. Thanks.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 7, 10 11:20 AM
I haven`t problems with the game (I use Vista). I would recommend everyone to contact the support team with or use the livechat.

nattl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by nattl on May 8, 10 9:20 AM
Same problem here. I did all the updates, tried to uninstall and then reinstall. Already contacted the support, just got one mail with the general crashing instructions, then I had to mail the DrFelix Scan results. SInce three days no more answer from Bigfish !!!! And the game is still not working

[Post New]by mystara on May 8, 10 12:14 PM
I posted earlier with problems and just last night downloaded the trial of Ye Old Sandwich shoppe which prompted me to install an update that I didn't have...so, this morning I decided to try Lisa's Fleet Flight again and it worked perfectly! This may help some of you or this may be a coincidence but I wanted to let you guys know in case it does work for you. Good luck!

[Post New]by Korrawi on May 11, 10 5:52 AM
mystara wrote:I am able to start the game up and get two splash screens then I get a black screen and the game will not load. I am up to date and using Vista. Any solutions?

I'm getting the same problem but i'm not sure if it is because I'm using windows 7 but it shouldn't matter right? I'm up to date and i have tryed uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

pinkorbit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pinkorbit on May 11, 10 4:23 PM
EnvirolBek wrote:Game runs very with a great deal of lag for me. Things seem slow and glitchy, which is a shame because I liked the idea of a different type of shop to run around in that wasn't food service for a change

shows a black screen for about 2 minutes at startup, and yes, the game play is very glitchy. i have windows vista, everything updated...

i would love to purchase this game, because i love the music, characters, and premise, but i am going to wait for an update. it's hard to play a time management game that's slow, lol.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 11, 10 4:36 PM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical issues. If you haven't tried updating your video card drivers and/or Direct X, here is a help article with more information.

Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen

Also, if you have having trouble installing you may want to adjust your firewall settings or run your Game Manager as administrator. Here is an article and steps for this.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Run the Game Manager as an administrator.

1. Right-click the Game Manager icon and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the box to Run this program as an administrator.
4. Click Apply > OK.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by ladyryder on May 13, 10 3:32 PM
I am also having troubles downloading the game, it downloads fine,but, when I try to play the game I get an error message. I've deleted and downloaded it twice and still the same thing happens. I think BF needs to get a better version or refund everyone a game credit..

[Post New]by Korrawi on May 16, 10 1:51 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical issues. If you haven't tried updating your video card drivers and/or Direct X, here is a help article with more information.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing or Blank Screen</a>

Also, if you have having trouble installing you may want to adjust your firewall settings or run your Game Manager as administrator. Here is an article and steps for this.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=536">Problems Downloading or Installation Failed</a>

Run the Game Manager as an administrator.

1. Right-click the Game Manager icon and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the box to Run this program as an administrator.
4. Click Apply > OK.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

I have done all thats was said in this post and within the links thats were given and the game still does not work for me, it is loaing up the two first screens then giving me a black screen with the mouse pointer and the computer says that the game is running but I can't do anything.

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 1:52:49 PM PST

Go to: