Stuck in battle room

[Post New]by LilRedFoxx on Sep 28, 17 10:06 AM
Even though I clicked to skip the battle room, each time I try to play game it goes to the battle room and my cursor won't work. I have shutdown & restarted computer--everything I know to do when I go back to PLAY, I end up at the same battle room and cannot even close the game without going to Task Manager, etc.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Stuck in battle room

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 28, 17 12:52 PM
Welcome to the pond!

I don't know if the game doesn't like your computer somehow or some sort of glitch, but I noticed if you didn't want to play the battle game you could mouse around on the edges of the screen until the blue arrow thingy to scroll back to the previous room appeared and then use the blue arrows to go back.

BTW there are some good tips for the battle games elsewhere in the forum and once you get those down, the battles aren't all that hard.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 28, 17 5:09 PM
Just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in, but when I chose not to play the battle rooms, I never saw anything that you "click" on to skip the battles. Actually, it's just like any other room (as SynthpopAddict posted), and if you don't want to play you just exit from that room and go elsewhere. Of course after you complete everything else in the level, you have to click on the check mark at the bottom right to finish the level (instead of auto finish). That sounds like a glitch to me also.

Stuck in battle room

[Post New]by queticogal on Sep 29, 17 11:10 AM
LilRedFoxx wrote:Even though I clicked to skip the battle room, each time I try to play game it goes to the battle room and my cursor won't work. I have shutdown & restarted computer--everything I know to do when I go back to PLAY, I end up at the same battle room and cannot even close the game without going to Task Manager, etc.

same problem on Level 11. Have uninstalled and re-installed but problem still exists.

HELP BFG !!

[Post New]by bettyboop1234 on Oct 3, 17 4:46 PM
its frozen wont let me play or get out help please
on level 64

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Oct 4, 17 2:52 AM
the same problem...... reinstall the game...nuts

Edited on 10/04/2017 at 2:52:36 AM PST

[Post New]by bettyboop1234 on Oct 4, 17 12:08 PM
i am writing u again i want to play the rest of the game but im stuck on level 62 cant get it to work i see im not the only one stuck on levels please help or give me another game that is just as good but i would rutter finsh this one PLEASE HELP

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Oct 5, 17 10:47 PM
bettyboop1234 wrote:i am writing u again i want to play the rest of the game but im stuck on level 62 cant get it to work i see im not the only one stuck on levels please help or give me another game that is just as good but i would rutter finsh this one PLEASE HELP

Please read the system issues section. Many people are having the same issue. I got to level 22 or 23 and finally had to delete the entire game from my system. I will check back from time to time to see if there is an update that will clear this issue. Doesn't matter what level your on apparently. Just do not re-enter the battlefield board. System freezes. No amount of re-booting, or anything else gets you out. Thankfully other game players suggested Silver Tale by the same authors and so far it is very similar. No system issues and recommended by over 90 players. If you haven't tried that one you might want to download and give it a whirl.....

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 6, 17 9:11 AM
Hi meanbusiness, I'm sorry to hear you had to uninstall the game. I'm not a tech whiz but from what I can tell, this game is an extreme hog...and I'm not talking about "hidden object game". Why the developer chose to create a "casual game" that runs well only on souped-up computers is beyond me, as casual gamers are not in the same boat as "hardcore" gamers who replace their top of the line systems every other year to be able to play the latest hardcore games.

If your computer doesn't have some extra muscle, it's very likely that at some point your system will not be able to keep up with the demands of this game and is going to choke on it. When that happens depends on how much juice your computer has. At least you're able to play Silver Tale, which was less complex graphically and didn't have all the extra minigames with all their separate rules. I think the reason why the battle games are the most likely to cause freezing issues is because they took a lot of extra coding to make and are more complicated to run than they look. In a nutshell, short of upgrading your computer or buying a brand new "gaming computer" you are probably better off asking CS for a game credit.

Hopefully the developer is reading the posts in the tech issues thread and takes notice that even though Match Ventures is pretty and has some interesting content with all the minigames, they still need to back off on being so content heavy if they want casual gamers to be able to fully enjoy their games. They have always been big on cramming in as much content as they can with their games, but in this case, they put just a little bit less into the gameplay and crammed all the content into how much of a drain on your CPU it'll be to run it...

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Oct 11, 17 7:47 AM
The same thing just happened to me - stuck in a battle room.

Thanks, SynthPop, for your input! And everyone else, too. I do have and enjoy Silver Tale. Runefall is another similar and great game.

Maggie

Rhea509
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rhea509 on Oct 18, 17 11:44 PM
Stuck on Level 4 Battle Room. Every time I play it, it takes me to the same battle room I have to use task bar to end the game.

[Post New]by mrmachine on Oct 22, 17 3:30 PM
I am stuck in Battle Room 62. Cant get out without forcing game out using Task Manager. There does not appear to be anyway to restart the level or (go to a previously accomplished level) Am I missing something? I have invested considerable time and hate to leave because it is broken. Any help out there?

Go to: