TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Changes are afoot

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 17 3:25 PM
Actually, changes are adragging (a dragon)

Congratulations to all those whose game has been fixed.

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:Changes are afoot

[Post New]by drkgordon on Sep 29, 17 3:27 PM
Thank you.

Out of curiosity, did your game actually say changes are afoot? Mine said "progress update" with the status bar.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 29, 17 3:28 PM
A dragon has returned from the ether

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 29, 17 3:29 PM
drkgordon wrote:Thank you.

Out of curiosity, did your game actually say changes are afoot? Mine said "progress update" with the status bar.

I was in the game when it came up and said Changes are afoot and had to restart. After I closed it and reopened it the progress bar came up to download the programming.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 17 3:31 PM

The "Changes are afoot" message is only displayed if a player has their game open at the precise time a download becomes available.

It is displayed as an explanation as to why you are being kicked out of the game (presumably by that foot )

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by drkgordon on Sep 29, 17 3:32 PM
silver_hawk wrote:

I was in the game when it came up and said Changes are afoot and had to restart. After I closed it and reopened it the progress bar came up to download the programming.

Oh, that must be the difference. I was to scared to do anything in my game except check to see if there were any changes so this last time when I went in, the progress bar came up right away.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 29, 17 3:34 PM
I take it this is a pc only update?
I was just in there & nothing unusual …… on iOS.

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by drkgordon on Sep 29, 17 3:34 PM
(presumably by that foot) Ha Ha Ha

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by drkgordon on Sep 29, 17 3:36 PM
Desertdruid wrote:I take it this is a pc only update?
I was just in there & nothing unusual …… on iOS.

Yes, it's PC to fix a problem some of us had with a missing dragon.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Sep 29, 17 4:13 PM
I had the "changes afoot", but no missing dragon yet? What is going on.....

[Post New]by lilredhood on Sep 29, 17 4:15 PM
had the message on android too so it must be something else. it might in prep for the fall event?? I hope I hope.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 29, 17 4:15 PM
kahlan11 wrote:I had the "changes afoot", but no missing dragon yet? What is going on.....

Did you close and restart your game?

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Sep 29, 17 4:19 PM
I received the changes are afoot and I'm playing on Android level 17.

Kimberly

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 29, 17 4:24 PM
kahlan11 wrote:I had the "changes afoot", but no missing dragon yet? What is going on.....

What level are you on?

This update was to correct a problem on level 78. The dragon disappeared too soon. The fix brings him back so that the Storyteller Cat's quests can be completed.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 29, 17 4:53 PM
It's for iOS now, too.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 29, 17 5:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

As TiramaSue was kind enough to note, many players probably noticed a "Changes Are Afoot" message in their game. This message signals an update that returns the missing Wise Dragon to his post and also fixes the black screen some players noted after the download that brought back Arabella. Only the players impacted by those glitches will see a change in their game, and you can all find more information in the announcements below:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - September 29, 2017
NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (iOS) - September 29, 2017
NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - September 29, 2017

Thank you all so much for your patience while the teams behind the game worked as quickly as they could to provide a solution. If any troubles occur after the update is downloaded, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code. If any questions or concerns arise, please PM me or another active Moderator, and we'll be sure to help out.

Happy gaming to all!

bfgBeruna

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 29, 17 7:37 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

As TiramaSue was kind enough to note, many players probably noticed a "Changes Are Afoot" message in their game. This message signals an update that returns the missing Wise Dragon to his post and also fixes the black screen some players noted after the download that brought back Arabella. Only the players impacted by those glitches will see a change in their game, and you can all find more information in the announcements below:bfgBeruna
Maybe.....but I'm pretty sure everyone will notice that Adora no longer is in duplicate .... she only has the character quest and no side quest ---- that, too was included in this most recent update to fix the Dragon issue.

tesskw
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by tesskw on Sep 29, 17 7:46 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

The "Changes are afoot" message is only displayed if a player has their game open at the precise time a download becomes available.

It is displayed as an explanation as to why you are being kicked out of the game (presumably by that foot )

"presumably by that foot" I laughed so hard I spit my drink all over my computer screen, that was great!

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
501 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Sep 29, 17 8:08 PM
Thanks TiramaSue, I also had a giggle...

My iPad got a foot kicking me out to update as well....
...no problems to fix with me.....

.....but I did notice one small other change - I had a friend in my Invited tab who has now disappeared.... she had unfriended me, after no activity for a while....

Moni

Go to: