Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 30, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/30/2017 at 10:12:34 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 30, 17 2:56 AM
I love Haunted Hotel series, but once again another game I can't play. The custom cursor changed to having a system cursor stuck on top of it, so I couldn't see what I needed to do. I changed to system cursor only and just got some tiny crosses (that open windows) and a hand. Made it impossible to play the game...

I can't buy it sadly as it's too much of a strain on my eyes

macOS High Sierra and all up to date.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 30, 17 3:34 AM
Game was running fine, got to the dead technician's room, there is a jack-in-the-box in front of his wrapped up dead body. When I picked up the other items there (his briefcase kind of bag and the collectors item puzzle piece) the window closed before I could pick up the jack-in-the-box. Now no interaction is possible. I can not pick up the jack-in-the-box, can not zoom in order to pick it up and can not proceed w/o it.

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Sep 30, 17 6:27 AM
Two crashes during the game. First in the first hos, second in graveyard and a few times in between nearly frozen out including the end windows 10

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 10:11 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

Edited on 09/30/2017 at 10:12:20 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 10:24 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear this game isn't working properly for you. Let's see what we can do to fix that.

belamba: Since your computer is up to date, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide the next suggestion.

Poodlebear and lingerda: When a game crashes or encounters a progression block, it's possible that a display glitch is occurring. First, please check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how graphics are displayed and its developers regularly release updated versions to keep everything running smoothly. The help page below contains further instruction:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I'd also recommend giving the game administrator permissions. Running the game as an administrator will ensure it can access all of the files that it needs. I've also included a help page with those instructions below:

If those suggestions don't fix the game, please contact our Support Team. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Therealmargesimp on Sep 30, 17 10:37 AM
This is such a glitchy game - items disappear, the funnel in the herbicide mini game is not a funnel but looks like a gold horses head, the paranormal detector speaks but its run out of battery so cannot function, the tape recording message plays along with a cut scene so the voices are over each other, these are just a few I've noticed.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 11:44 AM
Hello Therealmargesimp,

I'm really sorry the game has been glitchy. If the issues persist and the previously mentioned troubleshooting suggestions haven't fixed it, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to continue providing help. You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator with any further questions that might come up. Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

acgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Jerky movement and cursor

[Post New]by acgal on Sep 30, 17 2:02 PM
I noticed that the game and cursor were a little jerky in the beginning of the game but when I got half way through, I was so bad that I disabled the custom cursor but that didn't help. I deleted the game and re-installed it but it does the same thing. It's so bad that I will not be able to finish. Too bad as it was a good game.

Alienware
Winows 7

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Sep 30, 17 8:57 PM
During the first HOG scene in the van, where the "hat" was supposed to be, the graphics were doing some sort of flashing glitch. If you clicked on the glitch, it gave you the hat. In the same scene, we need to do an extra move to get the "video". What is needed is to press a small button on a display, but the cursor never changed to show either a hand pressing the button or a gear over the display so you knew that's what you were supposed to work on. I ended up having to use a hint to figure it out. The mini game with the 3 pool balls that are supposed to end at the same time was too close to call. On several different settings they all looked to be ending at the same time to me. But I had to skip the game, and when it played the correct setting, the pool balls didn't end quite as closely as I had gotten them. And it would have been nice to have a "special features" part of the tutorial, instead of all or nothing. The game was just glitchy. One more example is in one of the games you have to solve with the "tracker" device, which is a common moving of rows and columns to form an image, most of the time that I was trying to move a column, it would move a row instead, and vice versa. It was hard to get it to actually accept the correct positions. I enjoy this game series, but I'm hesitant to purchase it with all of these glitches.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 1, 17 12:22 AM
The game did not crash. It's continuing to run fine. There are no graphic issues. It will not open the close-up window in order for me to pick up the necessary item because it thinks I already have it. If I hit the Hint it shows no response because it has nothing to highlight. Pretty much the exact inventory glitch has happened in two other Elephant games. They have serious issues with Windows 10. It has nothing to do with my video drivers.

bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

Poodlebear and lingerda: When a game crashes or encounters a progression block, it's possible that a display glitch is occurring. First, please check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how graphics are displayed and its developers regularly release updated versions to keep everything running smoothly.

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Oct 1, 17 1:01 PM
I'm having the same problem as Poodlebear. I just started the bonus game and am not able to finish it. I am clearly missing something that I'm supposed to have in my inventory and my hint button won't work. I have Windows 10.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 2, 17 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to post in this thread what is occurring when trying to play this specific game. I'm so sorry to hear that various issues are present, and I wanted to help provide some specific Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolve these issues.

For players on the Windows 10 system, it may be helpful to refer to the steps in the following help page:

Windows 10

Another option for Windows 10 players as well as other Windows systems is to run the game as an administrator. This will help ensure that the game has the necessary permissions and resources to run as it should. The specific help page is below:

If issues continue to persist, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Oct 8, 17 2:22 AM
"Your profile data has corrupted and been reset".
So have to start all over again.
Why do these things happen near the end of the games

mavisr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mavisr on Oct 9, 17 2:12 AM
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME I HAVE BOUGHT THE GAME FEAR FOR SALE AND IT WONT DOWN LOAD ON MY LAP TOP IT SAYS ITS A MAC GAME I AM A OLDIE AND DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD CORRECT THIS I HAD NO PROBLEM PLAYING THE TRIAL I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THANKING YOU MARY ROBB DUBLIN IRELAND

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Oct 14, 17 1:34 PM
I had a small glitch with XV. I clicked Bonus Chapter and it stayed on ( Loading ) a extremely long time so I stopped it with my manager. I restarted and was fine. Win 10.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Oct 14, 17 1:37 PM
Mary click the tab for PC Games unless you have Mac computer system.

L_L_A
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by L_L_A on Oct 25, 17 5:30 PM
How do you get the Secret Room to continue after you find the 4 cameras?

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Jerky movement and cursor

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Oct 28, 17 9:33 PM
acgal wrote:I noticed that the game and cursor were a little jerky in the beginning of the game but when I got half way through, I was so bad that I disabled the custom cursor but that didn't help. I deleted the game and re-installed it but it does the same thing. It's so bad that I will not be able to finish. Too bad as it was a good game.

Ditto. Had to stop playing and uninstall. It just got too aggravating Win7 desktop

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 29, 17 6:34 AM
the CE s still glitches i tried it agaib bur nothibg is fixed and NO it isnt my pc
using windows 10.. I am just a few games away of canceling my membership. Lately every game has so many errors there arae more techn. issues then there are reviews
Why i can i play on other game sites the same games BF has buit on those site i dont get any errors. So stop telling us that we have to try the help. Maybe BF has get their **** togetner and offer us good ganes we can actually play. I have so many freegames but what is the use when there are so many games that i cant play
Cisca

Go to: