Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 30, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/30/2017 at 10:14:01 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 30, 17 4:00 AM
Nope spooky creepy ghostly stuff not for me

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 30, 17 7:45 AM
The Ghost Seekers have invited a special guest host on their latest paranormal investigation of the Alexander Valentine Hotel. Rachael Collins didn't have to pull any strings to have her cousin join the team however, because James is certainly no stranger to the paranormal field, especially when it comes to Haunted Hotels! By the time James arrives, the entire team has disappeared, and he soon realizes that this Hotel holds many secrets, and even more haunted ghosts. The XV Hotel gained a seedy reputation long before it became a Hotel, dating back to 1927, when the entire Valentine family was found viciously slaughtered! Now James is left with no choice but go it alone, to save his cousin from the Evil Inside!

I was a tad bit disappointed with this 15th edition of one of my favorite series, Haunted Hotel. I own every game in this series, including the 3 original Haunted Hotel games that are only available in Standard Editions. I was disappointed that after the last 2 incredibly epic storylines, they took a step backwards, with just a run of the mill plot. I still love this game, but it pales in comparison to the last two games in the series. The second disappointment I have with The Evil Inside, is that for some reason, these devs decided to offer a stupid gimmicky device called Patrick, an acronym for Paranormal Activity TRacker & Interactive Computing Kernel. Why oh why, oh why did they have to do this to my beloved Haunted Hotel???????

At least they didn't mess with the CE bling, HH never disappoints, because I can count on the fact that they offer some type of Morphing Objects, and always in the game locations NOT within the HOP's which is a feature I loathe.There are also 20 hidden Puzzle Pieces that will form 4 different Screensavers when all have been found. There are also hidden Collectible Business Cards to find as well the usual Achievements to earn etc.

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Sep 30, 17 10:13 AM
Love this series. After the recent dire offerings I'm glad to find plenty of extras to make it a true CE. I guess there are only so many stories to be had from a haunted hotel but I'm off to buy especially with the sale.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 10:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Sep 30, 17 6:56 PM
Another dreadful rehashed dusty, dreary, abandoned, haunted hotel storyline. It's tedious/boring with a silly screen named Patrick that finds glowing orbs. The graphics are just plain icky with way too much dust, dirt & cobwebs for this clean freak to handle.

HOGS/puzzles are messy & run of the mill. Mouth movements are wonky. I just couldn't find anything good about this game. There are no redeeming qualities to be found.

Unfortunately, these are the only kind of games I've been seeing lately. I haven't found a decent game to buy in quite a long time.

These games obviously are liked by a lot more people than me. So I'll keep playing my card/board games until a something new/original, without ghosts, goblins, spirits other worldly creatures etc., pops up for me to buy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 1, 17 2:54 AM
Even with 60% off retail price this weekend I won't buy this game. Elephant Games is the dev of the colourful "Midnight Castle", but you would never know it, going by the drab blue colour scheme in this game.

I am also fed up with derelict places. They are downright depressing. I am sure that haunted hotels can look a little more colourful and less dilapidated, and even have people inside. Where does it say that a haunted place always looks like it's not been lived in for 150 years?

It also says on the main game page: "Return to the Alexander Valentine Hotel in the bonus chapter!" That's not what I would want to do, return to the previous places, which I have already been through in the main game. How boring is that !!

No buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 1, 17 2:50 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. Well, we have #15 in this series, yes, you read correctly. Graphics were exceptional, very clear with no blurring when going in or out of cut scenes. Colors were very clear and bright, but not over powering at all. Voices are age and character appropriate and very well done, with all emotions so far, when we have them. This one is very quiet and character interaction is few and far between. The "bad guy" does have a very sinister voice and is well done. Music was very soothing and very quiet as well. Sound FX were almost non-existent. We did have a few thunder sounds now and then. Animation was nicely done, when we had it.

HOPs were fairly clean and items were easy to find. We had a combo of interactive lists, finding pairs and silhouettes. Nothing new or exciting. I did not see that you could switch to anything else if you got bored with the HOPs. Puzzles were not difficult and I found no real challenge to any of them during the demo. Maybe this picks up as the game progresses. We do have a lot of back-tracking for items, and at times, we have a lot of useful items in our inventory, waiting to be used. Hint system is very helpful and fortunately, we do have the transport feature. We do a lot of back tracking in this one as well. We also have a jump map, but I found it to be quite boring to look at...very bland. Strategy guide is the usual and helpful if you need help finding the collectibles.

Collectibles are well done with a little challenge to them. We have 20 picture parts to find, which are not as easy as you think. We also have 25 morphing objects. Some are quite small and they do morph very quickly. We also have to find what looks like business cards. These are also small and I think I accidentally found a couple. Be on the lookout for the collectibles.

Same old story, except this one involves a crew of what I think are "ghost" hunters. The story seemed to move slowly for me and I found myself getting bored toward the end. Maybe 15 is just too many for this series. I found nothing that made me want to buy this one and I don't even think I'd buy the SE version. I often find that the SE makes a much better game. I did like the collectibles, but a game needs a little more than that to grab my attention. I'm sure this game will appeal to a lot of players, but I don't feel it is geared toward the seasoned gamer, more to the beginner or someone who just wants to walk leisurely through a game. I will recommend it for beginners. Of course, I may change my mind when the SE comes out, but we will see.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 1, 17 8:08 PM
so, I finished the game - didn't mind it at all. not overly difficult, didn't find it overly creepy or scary. A bit dark in some scenes - but for the most part, it was a good way to spend a cool, somewhat rainy Sunday afternoon here.

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Oct 3, 17 4:11 AM
I'm afraid I thought this was pretty much as dull as ditchwater. Here we go again; the same tired old off-the-peg plot line - a haunted mansion with restless ghosts. One key after another (after another after another...) to open meaningless caskets and jewellery boxes containing arbitrary items. Mystery Case Files did this kind of thing brilliantly several years ago with its Ravenhearst series. Haunted Hotel XV just feels like re-microwaved, hastily conceived twaddle. "Boring" doesn't come close to covering it - truly mind-numbing!

[Post New]by lanning on Oct 14, 17 5:15 PM
Up front info about me: I'm an old white lady (62yo) who generally enjoys the Haunted Hotel Series but decided not to even finish the demo for HH XV: The Evil Inside. My decision has nothing to do with the graphics, basic story line, HOP scenes, or other things people have negatively reviewed (they're fine with me!) - but with the implicit racism in having the extremely rare black male character not only be weak-kneed, chicken-livered, and high squeaky voiced, but also to be the first character to bite the dust! Haven't we advanced even a little in the decades since Stepin Fetchit type characters were the only parts available for black men?
Get into the 21st century folks!

cowgirl202
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cowgirl202 on Oct 16, 17 7:20 AM
I have to agree with other comments...this game is mind-numbingly boring. Another key and another and a cask to open and a symbol to find , all to what purpose?.....it has been a long time since I have played a game that excited me.....the developers need to come up with a more narrative story line....what happened to the games where you interacted with the characters and there was some humour and originality?

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 30, 17 5:00 PM
I played the entire game and really liked it, though it did start becoming repetitive towards the end. The story just lost it's punch. Still i am glad i bought it and for the most part enjoyed it.

Go to: