LilLady46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Level 31 Stuck there forever!

[Post New]by LilLady46 on Sep 30, 17 5:46 PM
I cleared the board but didn't receive anything to help get to another area of the game. I bought bombs to try to blow up the corners, which were iced over. Of course that didn't work. I've tried everything I can think of...nothing works. I have wracked up 6,675 just playing over & over. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. By the way, I love the game.

Re:Level 31 Stuck there forever!

[Post New]by AdharaBlack on Sep 30, 17 8:13 PM
So can someone please tell me how to get past level 31? Ive cleared all the fog and gold tiles and still no key, machete, wind, or fire to get to any other rooms.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 1, 17 6:10 AM
I badged it in normal mode and the only thing I can tell everyone is you have to look, look, and look again everywhere and check all your corners for a lock you can open. The game rapidly becomes a tedious going around in circles where it's something like this: you get a tool for a second room, then in the second room you have to unlock a third room, then after you do some stuff in the third room you might a tool to open a small piece of the first room you started in, then that gives you something to a fourth room which you have to unlock a fifth room, then in the fifth room you might get a piece that unlocks a section of room #3 which will have another piece for a bit of room #1...are you confused yet?

Tools may be hiding under non-gold covered tiles or grids. Ice cubes will not break until you find the fire powerup hidden under a covered tile somewhere. Again, "keep digging around"...sorry, but it is the only way.

LilLady46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by LilLady46 on Oct 1, 17 6:04 PM
Thanks, SynthpopAddict but all there are are ice cubes (with no way to melt them) because there is no machete to get through the gate to the next room and no way to melt the ice! I tried bombs...nothing. I tried to get the absolute corner covered in wood...nothing. I don't think you understand the situation, you can't get out of the room with no tools and I have wracked up almost 8,000 points just playing and playing and playing...for hours! I don't think I would have made it to level 31 if I didn't know how to play the game. I even closed the game last night thinking that maybe by some miracle something would appear to help me. I don't want to lose this game...I like it! Oh, by the way, are you telling me that you made it through level 31?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 2, 17 6:04 AM
Hi again, yes, I made it to level 68 where I got the end of the storyline for the castle being completed. I think the machete is hiding underneath the wood boxes in the corner. You can't melt the ice except when you find the fire powerup in another room. Somebody posted elsewhere they took a game break and reopened their level later and then could find whatever item it was they were missing so it's possible you triggered a glitch but I couldn't get this to happen even when levels started to repeat on me later in the game. The tools to open a room were always in some reachable part of the rooms.

P.S. - I had a tendency to miss the dirt tiles when there was only 1 of them left, especially if it was in a corner. Can't tell you how many times I would think there was nothing left in the room to reach and the thing I would be looking for would literally be the very last blocked tile that I could break somewhere in the room.

Edited on 10/02/2017 at 6:17:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Lassalanta on Oct 4, 17 12:28 PM
I ran into the same problem in Relaxed mode. I got around it by switching the difficulty level to timed, and then went back to Relaxed. The game reloads level 31 each time you switch, and that seems to shake the machete loose. Note that I did play timed until I got the machete then switched, but that may not be necessary.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Level 31 Tried all things posted here, still can't move on!

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Oct 5, 17 3:13 PM
I am stuck on Level 31 also. When I tried to blow up the boxes in the corners got nothing. I believe the machete is under the cloud someplace.
I also tried to do the level in normal and I did get the machete BUT was unable to use it as I wasn't able to actually pick it up after it appeared.

HELP!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 31 Tried all things posted here, still can't move on!

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 5, 17 6:19 PM
KDinMD43 wrote: I also tried to do the level in normal and I did get the machete BUT was unable to use it as I wasn't able to actually pick it up after it appeared.

I don't know if the game froze on you when you got the machete that one time or if you couldn't get the "use" box to appear by the room with the vines. As in Silver Tale, it sometimes seemed like I had to move the cursor around a bit to get the "use" box to show up for tools. Tools don't ever have to be "picked up" once they are uncovered from wherever they were hiding as they automatically go over to the left side once you find them.

As I've posted elsewhere, this is a very high demand game. It's possible that the assorted posts from people saying the game freezes randomly may be due to the game being such a resource hog that not all computers can run it well. If you have a laptop, a PC older than 3 years (sorry, but in the tech world anything more than 3 years is "obsolete tech"), or anything not marketed as a "gaming computer" you might not be able to run this game well. My computer was marketed as a "gaming computer" in its day, but is 4 years old and I've noticed it gets a bit warmer than usual when running this game.

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by OzGuy on Oct 8, 17 12:53 AM
Same deal here in the first room ... have cleared all but the crate in the top right hand corner ... STUCK ... no Machete ...

[Post New]by sisterbug2 on Oct 8, 17 11:46 PM
latest, just a few minutes later.

So, whoever said to go to Timed Mode is my hero. I quit the game, went back on, then to Options and unchecked the Relaxed Mode, got the machete under the cloud...clicked on the big LOCK and the machete went over and now I'm in the 2nd room.....yay. thanks!!

this was my original post:
ugh, same here. I am playing relaxed mode, but I don't feel so relaxed...frustrating after 30 levels to get stuck on 31. There isn't a way to start the level over, but I will try to find a way to switch from relaxed to timed, but no way I'm completely starting over.

Anyone know if there is a way to reach the tech people on this type of glitch?

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 11:54:05 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 9, 17 4:31 AM
Welcome to the pond!

Glad that worked for you. Just as a note to everyone who may be reading this: There's actually no timed mode in Match Ventures. It's either limited moves or relaxed which you can toggle at any time in the game options. Most players find limited moves is quite doable if you're not trying to win the badge as the moves counter is very generous for just doing the gold tiles and finding the tools.

As for reaching some type of tech support, the forums aren't a good place for doing so. I'd suggest contacting the developer directly (they have a website).

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Nov 2, 17 12:51 AM
Ok,also got stuck on level 31 and tried what was suggested. Went to 'Options' and changed to 'Timed' - it took 2 or 3 goes back and forward but finally the machete showed up and I was able to carry on. So don't give up, it's just frustrating starting over 3 or 4 times but it worked for me.
Edited: Just want to add, I also froze on the battleground so I started with a new name and don't bother using the shield.

Edited on 11/02/2017 at 12:53:40 AM PST

Charango
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Charango on Nov 13, 17 12:30 PM
Lassalanta wrote:I ran into the same problem in Relaxed mode. I got around it by switching the difficulty level to timed, and then went back to Relaxed. The game reloads level 31 each time you switch, and that seems to shake the machete loose. Note that I did play timed until I got the machete then switched, but that may not be necessary.

I followed this. So grateful to this person. I switched to timed. Played it in time mode which had the machete. Then when the next level came, I switched to casual mode and now it is working again. Thank you for telling us this. It works.

Go to: