Brand New Zone: Introducing the High Jungle!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Oct 2, 17 11:55 AM
Hi Whackers!

You've chased the Red Man through Cloudland, Sanctuary, and the Spine of the World. Finally, you can continue your pursuit. It's time to trade in your parka for your jungle gear as you begin your trek into a lush, humid, and unusually vertical landscape. Do you have the stamina to make the climb? Are you ready to tame the wilds and seek out all new secret bonus areas? Are you excited to earn your very own Toucan nose?

Introducing the High Jungle!

This content update
- Five brand-new jungly areas to explore!
- Level cap increase to 400!
- New Trinkets!
- And tons of other fun stuff to discover!

Edited on 10/02/2017 at 11:56:17 AM PST

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Brand New Zone: Introducing the High Jungle!

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Oct 3, 17 4:01 PM
The new fishing hole, are there any new items to fish up in it?

ETA: So after using 200+ master fish bait, I got a customizing item. So my next question is: Is there more than one item in that new fishing hole?

Edited on 10/03/2017 at 4:39:46 PM PST

Alyson123
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Alyson123 on Oct 4, 17 7:59 AM
New fishing hole? Where exactly?

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Oct 4, 17 9:34 AM
@ teisfortiger There are 2 custom items to fish up from the fishing hole.

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Oct 6, 17 4:34 PM
btw, kudos on the sba's. Figuring them out was a hell of a lot of fun.

@ Alyson, In the Plateau Lakes, the second region of the High Jungle.

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 4:37:43 PM PST

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Oct 6, 17 6:13 PM
OMG the Michin Serpent is awesome!

[Post New]by CheyenneMoon_Glo on Oct 9, 17 1:59 PM
teisfortiger wrote:OMG the Michin Serpent is awesome!

OMG I AGREE THE SERPENT IS AMAZING TY TY TY!!!!!!
AWESOME JOB DEVS .. AS ALWAYS!

jbrecken
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jbrecken on Oct 11, 17 1:12 PM
I found three (something)s and three (something else)s on the Lush Climb; they show up in my inventory with the caption "You collected this from the Lush Climb for some reason." Was I supposed to find something to do with them in that zone, or will they be used later?

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Oct 11, 17 3:35 PM
You need to do something with them to make a way into that region's sba.

jbrecken
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jbrecken on Oct 11, 17 4:00 PM
thanks

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 17, 17 12:30 AM
I am LOVING this new zone! The SBAs are hard to find, the art is great in my opinion, because I love the jungle, and I can't wait to get those new pets!

Just one question: in the Plateau Lakes, there are 2 fishing holes. Are there 4 customization items total to fish up, or just two? Thanks for your help, and great job on the new area!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Oct 17, 17 10:31 AM
KimchiGoddess wrote:I am LOVING this new zone! The SBAs are hard to find, the art is great in my opinion, because I love the jungle, and I can't wait to get those new pets!

Just one question: in the Plateau Lakes, there are 2 fishing holes. Are there 4 customization items total to fish up, or just two? Thanks for your help, and great job on the new area!

As you can see from earlier in this thread, there are only 2 items to fish up.

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 19, 17 1:21 AM
Thanks very much for your response, Erika. After casting my line over 600 times, still nothing... I'll keep hunting!

Just by the way, though, my question hadn't been answered yet, as I was asking for clarification about the fact that there are two fishing spots (at least until a certain moment in the game).

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Oct 19, 17 8:37 AM
KimchiGoddess wrote:Thanks very much for your response, Erika. After casting my line over 600 times, still nothing... I'll keep hunting!

Just by the way, though, my question hadn't been answered yet, as I was asking for clarification about the fact that there are two fishing spots (at least until a certain moment in the game).

Custom items take a long time to fish up.

There are two holes at every fishing location in the areas around the world.

This one just has the 2 items to fish up.

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 19, 17 10:48 PM
Ah, now I understand where our misunderstanding lay... when I was talking about two fishing holes, I meant the one with the gigantic plug in it and the one near the docks. I should have been more clear!

Anyway, thank you, as always, for your help and answers!

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Oct 21, 17 7:58 PM
Until the plug gets pulled out, it does act as a fishing hole.

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Dec 7, 17 6:47 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for making the Critter Whisperer's quests searchable anywhere in the High Jungle, including Nate's Adventure and Kaine's Mystery areas .. as well as The Flux .

I'm looking forward to earning Critter Credit Vouchers so I can purchase the jungle companions. One question, though ... where can I find out what bonus each one offers (energy, power, mana, less nothings etc)??

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Dec 7, 17 9:33 AM
broccoflower wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for making the Critter Whisperer's quests searchable anywhere in the High Jungle, including Nate's Adventure and Kaine's Mystery areas .. as well as The Flux .

I'm looking forward to earning Critter Credit Vouchers so I can purchase the jungle companions. One question, though ... where can I find out what bonus each one offers (energy, power, mana, less nothings etc)??

You can probably check PAGAs for the pets' bonuses.

But you can also change the bonus using DNA as desired.

Gozolady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Gozolady on Dec 8, 17 5:37 AM
Help!!!!!

I've just discovered secret area 77, I'm in the middle of collecting tokens to buy all the goodies in the Explorer's Tent, I'm halfway through Detective Kane's quest in the Pahti plant precipice and also still struggling with the undersea adventures of Atl Coatl's lair and am on the second puzzle of the first field of the Wild Descent. Then there's the number puzzle in the City of the Rocksmashers and Amicus Island and Christmas is due to start any minute. That'll make six separate areas to explore. Often I have two or three areas open at a time but this is getting ridiculous.

I'm on maximum level but my energy has to be spread so thinly I'm not getting anywhere anywhere. Why oh why did I become so addicted to this wretched game?

How do the rest of you manage? Do you skip some quests? Or do you not find the whole thing as fascinating as I do. I worry about the state of mind of the developers though. They keep coming up with new ideas all the time. How long can they go on?Are there going to provisions for rehab if the world closes and I start getting withdrawal symptoms?

Christmas greetings to developers and players alike. Long may Bushwacker 2 reign!

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Dec 8, 17 6:16 AM
erika_kramer1 wrote:You can probably check PAGAs for the pets' bonuses.

But you can also change the bonus using DNA as desired.
Thank you for these tips

Go to: