Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 4, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/04/2017 at 6:26:27 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 17 6:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 6, 17 10:59 AM
Daughter of Thunder is one of those games that becomes even more intense after the demo, which is a rare feature lately. I do agree with codom, however, that the graphics are a tad bit cartoonish, and even blurry at times, especially within the HOP's. I'm a huge fan of Mad Head games, but they always seem to stick with the same MO on all of their games. All of their CE version games have collectible Spiral signs, lots and lots of symbols plastered everywhere, and basically the same type of music. Most of their games are sci-fi, alien related , and that's why I'm such a fan of their games.

After the demo, you learn more about the fate of ****'s Stormborn children, and why Mayor Alain has a price on his head. After reading some of the CE reviews, I noticed that some reviewers were either confused by the storyline, or they just misinterpreted the info given during the demo. There are a few twists and turns in the plot, that keep you interested throughout the game. Here's a recap of my review to help you decide which version, if either are right for you:

There are two Realms in this world, The Realm of Man and the Realm of Fae which is ruled by a King and Queen. The Queen ruled by day, King **** by night, that is, until she left the Fae Realm and escaped to the Realm of Man. An infuriated King **** closed the gates between the two worlds, sealing her fate forever. The Realm of Man, is a broken world, a post apocalyptic world, a world that eagerly accepted the stranger who came to rule, to offer its people wisdom and salvation. When a sudden storm produced a violent and deadly tornado, it forces Lynn and Astrid to flee their home, and seek shelter from the stranger, their Mayor.

The sisters discover something amazing on their life saving journey, it seems that the storm has awakened powers deep within Lynn, powers she never knew she had, powers that are strengthened by the medallion she's had since birth. This is Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder, this is an amazing journey! A journey that strengthens the bond between two sisters, sisters not related by blood, but raised as if she were!

Mad Head games has got game! Dawn of Hope is going to be a series of epic proportion, a stormy force to be reckoned with, one that will rise to the top of the HOPA charts, surely this game will qualify for many gaming awards, so hats off and kudos Mad Head, you've done it again! The only features I'm not crazy about, are that we have yet another Amulet/Medallion gimmicky tool to use, recharge, and use again, after playing the same mini game, of dragging colored tiles, in the specified amount of moves, to fill all the grid cells. The Collector's Edition version also has the same hidden Spiral signs located in each scene, and Morphing Objects that are only offered within the Hidden Object Scenes. This game would be absolutely perfect if each scene contained a slowly Morphing Object in each location instead of just in the HOP's!

The Hidden Object Scenes are what you'd expect, I've come to the conclusion that there's just not much you can do with this feature to make it more exciting, other than being creative with the location of the scenes. No longer are the items cleverly blended into the scene, perhaps in an effort to make them easy enough for everyone, but if you've ever played an older HOPA game, you'll notice that items were much more difficult to spot than in the newer games. There are Silhouetted Shape finds and Listed Item finds, usually a combination of both, and in the CE version, each of the 20 HOP's have a Morphing Object to find. I had to wonder about the HOP located inside the Cable Car, because one of the items was a bucket full of ice! How long was that bucket of ice in there? Why didn't the ice melt? How did they make ice in a post apocalyptic era in the first place?

The Mini Games are fairly decent, ranging from simplistic and easy, to medium difficulty, so far nothing super challenging. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Click on the symbol that matches the symbol near Lynn's' hand.
2) Select thorny vines that aren't covered by another vine.
3) Use directional arrows to blow wind on the lock and key parts to move them towards each other.
4) Select and drag the colored tiles to fill the entire grid, each tile has a specific amount of tiles it can cover.
5) Match 3 different corresponding items to each character by rotating circle sections.
6) Select misplaced items and place them into the scene correctly to advance the story.
7) Balance the spheres on the orange surface using directional arrows until the meter is full.

DAWN OF HOPE GAMES AVAILABLE:
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-Skyline Adventure (November 5-16) 4.3
2-Daughter of Thunder (September 5-17) 3.7
*(just wanted to give a shout out to skullfun who had the fantastic idea to include game series in chronological order)

The Collector's Edition has 8 Profile pictures, a Character Gallery, 20 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 20 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, 30 Hidden Signs one in each location, a Jigsaw Puzzle, 10 Music Soundtracks, 4 Wallpapers, a built in Strategy Guide, an ALTERNATE ENDING, and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy the storm!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 6, 17 11:12 AM
I think my review was censored, apparently the King's name is not to be spoken.

Seriously, don't say his name, he controls the storms, we don't want that tornado unleashed upon us.

We don't want that giant Titan coming for us either!

He turns people into whisps, don't say

OberonOberonOberonOberonOberon

Go to: