Hard to kill monsters

[Post New]by dinah12 on Oct 4, 17 7:14 PM
I'm in the Woodlands, why are the monsters so darn hard to kill? And why do they get such long lives. Takes forever to kill Withered Mummy, TreeAnt, Singing Siren,Mask, and Tomb Skeleton. Any tips, other than stick with it.

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Hard to kill monsters

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Oct 5, 17 12:31 AM
When you have the Mountain Ruler outfit, try it on, it can make the difference with beating monsters. I always look to begin with a double scorer if not i start the level again and wait for a better board. Just imagine for every block you break you'll get 10 points, so you can figure out how much you need to break still when you are near the end, and try to make the best possible move with most chances of a 3 in a row when the right block falls from the sky.
Good luck with the monsters and the game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 5, 17 5:51 PM
Hello dinah12,

Please allow me to welcome you to the forums. As BoutjeFedankt demonstrated, the community here is active and very helpful. I'm sorry some of the monsters have proven difficult to kill. If there are specific levels within this world (or specific villains) that have been particularly tricky, please post them to this thread or PM me directly. I'd be happy to provide some help or suggestions -- as would my fellow active Moderators. I wish you happy gaming until then.

bfgBeruna

LMcCrary
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by LMcCrary on Oct 8, 17 9:54 AM
I have to second @BoutjeFedankt and thank the other people who mentioned using the Mountain Ruler outfit. I was skipping most of the arena because the monsters were so hard to kill (and had the same problem when they came up in levels). Using this outfit makes a night and day difference.

Another thing I have noticed about killing monsters if that if you lose one or two rounds, often the next one is easier. In addition, if you use one boost of any kind, it seems that you will almost always win that round. These two tips seem to help no matter what outfit you are wearing.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Oct 9, 17 12:48 PM
Yes - couldn't agree more with LMcCrary- thanks to Gohill who has been tremendously good in these forums too - I was put onto Mountain Ruler, plus the similar strategy as below and it works nearly every time - sometimes I get to three goes to beat one but it's not frustratingly impossible any more..
Very occasionally I will use an extra moves bonus but I haven't needed anything else since.. the arena daily bonuses do add up quickly so it's well worth persevering..

Good luck!!

Go to: