Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 5, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/05/2017 at 6:31:22 AM PST

Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Lisa2244 on Oct 5, 17 2:04 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Having purchased and downloaded a considerable number of games, to now be advised that I do not have permission to download games on my laptop using Windows 10 and have to contact the administrator for permission. I am the administrator I believe, I am somewhat confused, please assist.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by A1psyko on Oct 5, 17 3:40 AM
This game took a while to open. Kept getting hung up, had to wait until the game caught up before I could continue. I am running Windows 10. Not working as it should and do not know why it kept stalling out.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by RasmusB on Oct 5, 17 5:24 AM
A1psyko wrote:This game took a while to open. Kept getting hung up, had to wait until the game caught up before I could continue. I am running Windows 10. Not working as it should and do not know why it kept stalling out.

Have the exact same problem. And same with all ofther games of this developer. Horrible.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 5, 17 6:01 AM
I have 27" Imac and every game by this dev (ERS/Amax) stretches so far to accommodate my larger screen which causes me to lose any graphics that are on either side of my screen. I have to randomly click on the right side where I know the "option" icon should be, but can't be seen. Once I find the option icon, I then have to click to disable the fullscreen function, and play these games in windowed mode OR I have to go into my computer's screen resolution, and adjust the screen size before playing the game, and once again when I stop playing the game, and repeat this process every time I play an ERS or Amax game!

I know HOW to fix this problem, I just want to know WHY all of their games function this way? I have literally played thousands of games on my computer and NONE of them require this procedure. Surely I'm not the only one who has a large screen and has the same problem. Fortunately this game is a dud, but if it were a great game, I'd have to weigh my options and decide if I really wanted to go through all this hassle every time I wanted to play it???!!!

AMAX is trying to revamp their inherited stagnant game series, and for that, I will hang in there and give them a chance to figure out what gamers like and dislike in a HOPA game, as the old saying goes..Rome wasn't built in a day...I hope that by writing this technical gripe, that maybe, just maybe, someone from AMAX will read this and add this to their "to do" list, Please!

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 5, 17 6:06 AM
this game closes the game manager.
game is showing on desktop takes about 5 min before it opens.
get stuck in several pages. Have to use alt ctrl del.
windows 10
so i cant tell yu if i like the game or not. with all the techn issues i wont buy
Cisca

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on Oct 5, 17 6:23 AM
I'm running Windows 10. The game freezes up when I try to open it and I had to use Control/Alt/Delete to get out of it.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 17 6:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 17 6:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players posting what they are experiencing when trying to play this game. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present in player's games and wanted to provide some Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to get things up and running. I've also gone ahead and alerted the appropriate teams of what has been posted in this thread.

It does look like the Windows 10 system has been mentioned in various issues. For players on this system, please refer to the troubleshooting steps in the help page below:

Windows 10

For players that have mentioned the administrator error message appearing, it may be helpful to run the games as an administrator. The Run Game as Administrator help page has those specific steps.

pennmom36, I'm sorry to hear that display issues occur for various games you play. I understand how it can be frustrating to have to go through certain steps for certain games, and I'll be sure to pass along this concern to the appropriate teams. While the Moderation Team doesn't have the tools to change any options or game content, we can continue to advocate for players and pass along what is presented in the forums.

If technical issues continue to be present in your games after trying the suggested troubleshooting steps, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by trouble199 on Oct 5, 17 9:22 AM
Game took a long time to open. Kept getting hung up during play.I am using windows 10. I will not purchase this game until issues are fixed.Thanks

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 5, 17 11:34 AM
RasmusB wrote:
A1psyko wrote:This game took a while to open. Kept getting hung up, had to wait until the game caught up before I could continue. I am running Windows 10. Not working as it should and do not know why it kept stalling out.

Have the exact same problem. And same with all ofther games of this developer. Horrible.

Same here, running on Win 7, 64 bit and have nothing but trouble with this developer's games.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 5, 17 5:37 PM
Hello trouble99 and Micha1234,

Thank you both for taking the time to report your experiences with the game PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition. It sounds like there is trouble with the game not performing as smoothly as it could be. I'm sorry to hear that and want to provide some suggestions that may help as well as how to contact our Support Team if more assistance is necessary.

The first thing I recommend for this issue is to see if updating the video card driver and checking a few computer settings can help assist with clearing this up quickly. Sometimes, updating that driver can resolve common issues our games can encounter, like seeming to run slowly. If you'd like to try those steps, I have linked to them below:

If you're playing on Windows 10, there may be additional steps that can assist with a slow playing game. Just in case it's helpful, here's that operating system specific set of steps:

Windows 10

If those steps don't seem to help, sometimes a game may run slowly if it's encountering trouble with its permissions. Running a game as an Administrator may assist in getting a game to run as smoothly as possible, and if you would like to try those steps, they are linked below:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with the title of the game and a description of what has been experienced as well as the steps that were tried to troubleshoot it. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 6, 17 9:50 AM

I experienced the same thing. Took the game a few minutes to open, and then it lagged quite a lot. I felt as if I was playing on an old machine, but I am using an MSI gaming laptop that is not even a year old yet. This has never happened before with any of ERS/AMAX's games.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 6, 17 10:23 AM
Hello Valdy,

I'm sorry the game is lagging. I really want to get this fixed for you, so let's troubleshoot.

Checking the computer's video card driver to see if it's up to date is an excellent first step to take. Next, I'd recommend running the game with administrator permissions. Both processes have helped people with lagging games in the past, and instructions can be found in the help pages below:

Should these steps not fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide further solutions.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 10, 17 6:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to thank you again for your patience while we work together to fix this game. I'd also like to quickly remind people to follow the Forum Rules, especially:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

The Moderation Team appreciated how frustrating spam posters can be, and we work as quickly as possible to remove their contributions to the forums each day. We ask that players not reply to spam posts or discuss spam posters in other threads so that undue attention isn't drawn to the matter. This helps the Moderation Team remove spam posts as quickly as possible.

Please PM one of the active moderators (myself included) to report any suspicious posts. We'll investigate the matter as quickly as possible and take action as needed. Thank you for your help with this, and please have lovely days.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 6:00:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Sonia61958 on Oct 23, 17 5:16 PM
Run time error, Why did I buy this game??

[Post New]by Lucrecia on Oct 31, 17 9:09 AM
Error: Access violation at 0x77A8213A (tried to write to 0x000A0FF0), program terminated.

The game don´t open in Windows 10

Go to: