Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 5, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/05/2017 at 6:31:47 AM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Puppet Show

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Oct 5, 17 1:59 AM
There were a couple of not so good reviews posted when I downloaded this demo so I thought it would only take me a few minutes and I would agree........... I played the entire demo and I liked this game.....if you remove all of the PUPPET words and all the puppets would be something else, I think a lot of people would like this game...... My opinion is that this is NOT a PuppetShow........I think the PuppetShow games were done about 5 games ago ....as they got completely lost .....so sad ..... I will be buying this game on sale ...............DebbieAnnie

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Oct 5, 17 2:13 AM
I think its better then a lot of the newer pupptshow games, has a diffrent flare. The real older ones were better!
Its a pretty easy play, game tells you what to do!
revenge from a old employee that take mans wife for revenge!
Haven't played enough of game to give a real good review!
Not a big fan of blood,murder & violence!
I purchased game! Some may question why we don't care for game or series! Good question deserve answer! Because theirs nothing out there to play! gotta play something! Having a hard time getting through this one though!

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 6:16:01 PM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Disappointed

[Post New]by A1psyko on Oct 5, 17 3:43 AM
Although the graphics were good, I do not use sound, the game moved really slow. There is a lot of "chatter" that I had to skip through. Games are pretty easy although some of the HO's were dark, hard to see some items needed. There is a hint button which helps and you do earn achievements pretty easily. Some may like but because the game kept stalling out it is a no buy for me.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 5, 17 6:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 5, 17 7:33 AM
Yep, it's official,the PuppetShow series has died! Someone needs to make the necessary arrangements, while we go into mourning. Does anyone know how to make a puppet? We're going to need a GrimReaper Puppet, and a bunch of mechanical coffins to lay this series to rest once and for all. PuppetShow had a great run, this is the twelfth game, which was about five too many.(the last 5 games have had average game ratings less than 3 stars)

With all this grimness out of the way, I'd like to add that I haven't given up on AMAX! It's clear to see that they are trying very hard to revamp this stagnant game series they inherited from ERS. Although I'm not sure if it's possible to breathe life back into some of their once popular game series, I've got to give them kudos for trying. In my opinion, PuppetShow had a good run, but after 12 games, there's absolutely nothing new that could possibly be achieved, so how about just moving on with the show, put your thinking caps on, and create a new series, something wonderful, something that's never been done before, like a truly suspenseful psychological thriller, one that will keep me on the edge of my seat, one that makes me want to leave the lights on because it's so creepy?

Why is this game so unworthy? Well, because all of their games involve a Mayor whose town has gone bonkers. The Mayor has always done something to warrant this rash behavior. The Mayor never seeks outside help until a member of his family gets abducted. The Mayor is always wealthy. The Mayor doesn't ever want anyone to know he has hired outside help. There's always intimidating messages written in blood all over town. All investigations start with a Carriage cabin scene. All investigations take place at night. There's always that one single dog barking in the quiet of night. It's always the same dog. I always get to choose my male or female character. My female character always gets punched by a dude.The bad guys always wear dark cloaks. The bad guys always have masks (and usually bird beaks) The scenery is always the same. The characters always look the same. There's always a mechanical helper. The mechanical helper always breaks. I always have to find, fix and repair every mechanical lock and gadget throughout the town. I always have to find puppet parts to repair everyone else's broken puppet. I always steal loose change I find in people's houses. Tell me I'm wrong about this?

As far as a Collector's Edition goes, this one barely qualifies for a Standard Edition. Other than the usual achievements, wallpapers etc. all you get to collect are looted coins and a couple of puppet dolls (dolls which btw aren't in the demo section) As you collect the dolls, you also collect their diary, I can hardly contain my excitement.

The Hidden Object Scenes are the same ole same ole, nothing particularly exciting, thankfully there's only a few HOP's. I always wondered why they don't give you the option to skip this feature like you can a mini game? At lest in the demo, there isn't an alternate game available.The HOP's are Interactive List items, Keyword Silhouetted Shape finds followed by Multiple Item finds.

The Mini Games are also the same ole same ole, nothing exciting or new. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Open the puppets fingers in a specific order.
2) Click when the lines are in the green zones.
3) Find matching symbols by flipping over glass shards, one from each side.
4) Remove clothing in a specific order.
5) Play a Match 3 game, removing specific amounts of specific tiles. This game is played each time you use your Hannibal Puppet helper.
6) Play the piano keys according to the directions shown.
7) Place keys in the correct spots according to their shapes.
8) Guide the figure through the street maze, using items you find to overcome obstacles.
9) Guide the translucent fist through the maze while hitting all fists and staying between the lines.
10) Guide the sphere along the path while staying inside the lines.
11) Drag puzzle sections to complete the image.
12) Another Match 3 HannibalPuppet helper game.

PUPPET SHOW GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating

1-Mystery of Joyville SE only (October 2-2009) 4.0
2-Souls of the Innocent (May 28-2010) 4.5
3-Lost Town (March 19-2011) 4.1
4-Return to Joyville (April 19-2012) 4.3
5-Destiny Undone (March 28-2013) 4.2
6-Lightning Strikes (August 21-2014) 3.3
7-The Price of Immortality (March 19-2015) 4.4
8-The Face of Humanity (January 21-2016) 3.7
9-Her Cruel Collection's (September 15-2016) 3.3
10-Bloody Rosie (November 17-2016) 3.7
11-Arrogance Effect (July 22-17) 2.8
12-Poetic Justice (October 5-2017) n/a

This Collector's Edition has 16 Concept Art pictures, 10 Wallpapers, 7 Screensavers, 6 Movie Videos, 4 Music Soundtracks, Collectible Dolls and Coins, 19 replayable Mini Games, 16 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 12 Achievements to earn, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Oct 5, 17 8:07 AM
They probably should have given this game another name because it is certainly nothing like the PuppetShow series. Hopefully this will be the last one they try to produce. Have all the others in the series, but I do not believe I will be adding this one to my collection!

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Oct 5, 17 8:20 AM
While everyone has a right to their opinion, I can't understand why a reviewer would start their review saying "I've never been a fan of this series". If you've never liked the series, who would expect you to like this one? I don't give those reviews any credit . I have all the games of this series and am anxious to demo this game.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Oct 5, 17 9:28 AM
bwake47 wrote:While everyone has a right to their opinion, I can't understand why a reviewer would start their review saying "I've never been a fan of this series". If you've never liked the series, who would expect you to like this one? I don't give those reviews any credit . I have all the games of this series and am anxious to demo this game.

I agree with you. And, I don't understand why some people reviewing or commenting on games have to be so angry or nasty to BFG or the developers, if they don't like a game. No one is being forced to play any of the demos or purchase any of the games. I appreciate reasons given for liking or not liking games, but expressing it with such anger is unsettling and I doubt that it is going to help to get BFG or the developers to change the games they create and sell.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 5, 17 9:40 AM
Hello friends! Not my usual type of review, but this is the best I can do for this one...short, sweet and to the point. Same old boring game. The story never changes and the series is never updated. I think all they do is change the name of the game. This one is way past due to be retired.

Give it a shot, if you haven't played any of the others in this series, you might like this one. I'm being kind when I say I disliked it. I rarely do not recommend a game for one reason or another, I try to find something positive about them, but I just couldn't find one for this game. I have a number of games in this series, but this one is a definite no buy for me. Yes, there is another coming out sometime. I just beta tested it the end of August and it is a far better game than this one, but still just another PuppetShow!

Thanks for the reviews.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Oct 5, 17 9:59 AM
It would be super awesome if not every HOPA published is a remake or extension of something. It seems like everything released lately is number umpty-million in a series long gone stale - as if BFG and the assorted developers aren't even listening anymore. I bought and played the game, because it's what I look forward to doing on Thursday (and Saturday) mornings, but I found myself groaning all the way through it.

Given the ending of this one I'm sure we'll see Puppetshow yet again, too. Ugh.

Please encourage the developers to come up with new ideas. I know these games aren't simple to develop but rehashing the same characters/ideas over and over is no fun for the fan base.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Oct 5, 17 3:42 PM
Sorry, but this game is a new rank of "low".
As fun as it might be to choose your gender and your looks, I didn't experience any fun during the trial.
Just boredom, a story that couldn't hold my interest, (wife terminally ill, doesn't tell her husband, seeks remedy in an obscure clinic - NO THANKS - Husband puts her in a cage of ???, but she escapes and follows the strange calls of the clinic ... NO THANKS!!!)

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 5, 17 9:44 PM
yes, yet another game series that has been beaten to death (several games ago). I have quite liked the puppet show series, however, this one I am having a hard time getting through it. I am almost done the bonus game and it is a chore, but will stick it out. Certainly not one that I will be playing again.

so, tomorrow, back again to replaying one of my older games, and keeping my fingers X'd that Saturday's CE will be a great game !!

I realize it's gotta be hard for game developers to keep coming up with new and fresh ideas for games - would be nice to see a new series of murder mystery games - but with NO added gimmicks, and LOTS of collectibles/morphing things to find.

That's just my opinion.

For us Canadian fishies, enjoy the upcoming Thanksgiving long weekend !

irgil
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by irgil on Oct 5, 17 9:45 PM

Edited on 10/07/2017 at 12:52:02 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 6, 17 4:59 AM
I like this game. I like everything about it, although there is a little too much talk for my liking, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Like the HOS, especially the first one was fun to do. Puzzles are, so far, doable, and I like my little puppet helper.

I own all the previous games in the series, and like them all. And this one is no exception.

Thanks ERS/AMAX for another PuppetShow game.

--- --- ---

Edited to add: I experienced quite a bit of lagging in the game. It also took a couple of minutes for the game to open to begin with, which never happened before. I am using Win 10 with an MSI gaming laptop that is not yet a year old.

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 9:53:32 AM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Oct 11, 17 2:32 PM
I have been a BIG fan of the PuppetShow games. Until now. This one has nothing going for it but the name. The series has been going down for quite a while, but now there is nothing to connect it to the original but that name and puppets. Oh, and the nasty little spider head puppet.

Perhaps it would be better to have started a new title for this part of the "series" since they all seem to be standalone games.

Reviewing it as a standalone I have to say it is still not very good. The game lags quite a bit when changing scenes. There are not enough extras to warrant the Collector's label.

The storyline is so ho-hum that I am not sure if I will even buy the Standard version. When you get an achievment a huge banner covers most of the screen. Really annoying. Not fond of the little helper puppet, either.

Pity. This used to be one of my favorite series.

CelticCoco

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 2:36:56 PM PST

rogert87
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by rogert87 on Oct 18, 17 1:47 AM
i didnt like this game. Like so many these days, this game is full of violence, and there is nothing stopping any young person playing these and other violent game

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 6, 18 7:07 PM
This is without a doubt the best one in the series after the first couple (as it kind of got stuck). It's nice to see something different in this series. There are more HOPs than I like and the main game is a bit on the short side, however the bonus is not, so I guess that's how it evens out.

If you like the series but have been put off by others in the past, give this one a go, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Go to: