peodigy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

WESTWARD 5

[Post New]by peodigy1 on May 3, 10 7:13 PM
I have seen westward 5 advertised on the net through Sandlot; but nothing in Bigfish. Anyone have any info on release? I don't want to get from Sandlot - but hard to wait....

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

WESTWARD 5

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 3, 10 7:43 PM
peodigy1 wrote:I have seen westward 5 advertised on the net through Sandlot; but nothing in Bigfish. Anyone have any info on release? I don't want to get from Sandlot - but hard to wait....

The newest Westward is Westward IV--it's available here at Big Fish Games. There is no Westward V yet, at Sandlot or anywhere else that I'm aware of, unless it's some kind of Beta. It's not available for regular purchase.

You'll see some references to Westward V 1... or whatever, but that means V for Version, not V for 5.

So you can get the newest version right here at Big Fish Games. See the Westward IV games page.

Robin

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

Re:WESTWARD 5

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Dec 5, 10 6:55 PM
Westward 5 (Westward Kingdoms) should not be that far off as the developer has released a trailer. I would not bet that it will be immediately available at Big Fish as the people who preordered the latest Cake Mania are very angry that they are no better off than those who waited for the release and brought it from Big Fish, when combined with the high levels of anticipation on the developers forums for the new Westward, they will probably release it to just their site first then others (but I do not know this for sure).

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Dec 7, 10 7:16 PM
I just saw on the developers forum that the likely release date January 6, 2011. But I don't know where the person who listed it got his information - I think possibly from one of the people responsible for the new game. Who knows it might be sooner.

[Post New]by jaabye on Jan 6, 11 1:09 PM
When will westward kingdom come to bigfish, I have seen it at sandlot now, and still no info of it here apart from this thread.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,585 Posts

Re: WESTWARD 5

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 7, 11 4:19 PM
So you want to buy it here? Well:
* Westward IV famously had game-ending bugs
* Westward Kingdoms has game-ending bugs
* BigFish took months to have the final debugged version of WW4 after the developer produced it.
Draw your own conclusions, fellow little fish.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 8, 11 9:37 PM
Hiya GeorgeTSLC,
Sooo, are these game-ending bugs being worked on over there?
I tried the demo but was put off by the seemingly retro graphics----meaning, the graphics appeared below par, not what I expected at all. This was a major factor why I didn't immediately purchase.
I have shamelessly lurked in the dev forum and read about the animation slowdowns, another negative. Once was bad enough in re WW 2.
I think I shall wait for BFG to offer it before I buy. That way I won't be too disappointed if the copy doesn't play well and I can use a credit on it.
Thanks George and do keep us apprised of any noteworthy updates.

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Jan 9, 11 2:36 AM
memawclay2- I just thought you might like to know that I have had the game since the day it was released, I can run it on both my Vista computer and my Windows 7 laptop, without any of the problems. Out of curiosity I checked the developers forum for technical support and most of the slow down issues are due to either a slow computer, low RAM for the computer, outdated DirectX or video drivers. The developer is always good about replacing unplayable games as soon as you run through their troubleshooting via email. I could not play one of the older Tradewinds games on my Windows 7 laptop, so they not only sent me three extra unlock codes (in case one had been corrupted), but when this didn't work they replaced it and kept my codes for the game I actually purchased valid for use on my Vista computer.
Most of the so-called sub-par graphics are only in the tutorials, and do improve as the game progresses - those who still have issues find that if the manually alter their screen resolution that this fixes the problem.
Well, Good Luck and I hope you enjoy the game when you get the full version.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 10, 11 3:09 AM
Thank you, KRSPDS, for your reply.
I am so pleased to see WW Kingdoms as the TGT and am d'loading now....
I absolutely agree that the developer is one of the best companies outside the pond.
As for the sub-par graphics, I mean the artistry is more primitive looking compared to any of the prior games including WW 1. Rest assured this will not stop me from purchasing and enjoying this newest offering.

[Post New]by kw4892 on Jan 15, 11 11:03 AM
I purchased Westward Kingdoms and it is so much fun...thoroughly enjoy it.! Very addicting. I thought I wouldn't like the "kingdom" idea but i was so wrong. Well worht buying!

[Post New]by scott88008 on Jan 15, 11 1:27 PM
I was enjoying the game until the castle repair bug prevented advancing the game. Sandlot has an update that is supposed to fix it but I can't activate the download through Big Fish, I get a prompt to enter an activation code which Big Fish doesn't use.

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Jan 15, 11 8:32 PM
scott88008 wrote:I was enjoying the game until the castle repair bug prevented advancing the game. Sandlot has an update that is supposed to fix it but I can't activate the download through Big Fish, I get a prompt to enter an activation code which Big Fish doesn't use.

A lot of people who brought the game from Big Fish are experiencing more glitches that those who brought from the developer. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Also, have you looked at the forum on Big Fish for Westward Kingdoms - someone else may have your same problem and know how to fix it. Apart from that all I can suggest is contacting BFG customer support about your glitch and see what they can suggest.

Good Luck.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,585 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 7, 11 11:29 AM
Version 1.004 of Westward Kingdoms is now available direct from Big Fish.

[Post New]by iammeeeee on May 21, 11 3:41 AM
I need help in releasing the giant from the stone quarry - anyone help me please?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,585 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 11, 11 2:42 PM
You with all the eeeeeeeeeees: See--or better yet, Search--the forum for Westward Kingdoms.

Just entering
giant stone quarry
in the Search All Forums box will get you what you need. You don't even need the Advanced version.

P.S. But where did you get the optimistic idea you ought to release him?

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 22, 12 11:14 PM
kw4892 wrote:I purchased Westward Kingdoms and it is so much fun...thoroughly enjoy it.! Very addicting. I thought I wouldn't like the "kingdom" idea but i was so wrong. Well worht buying!

Thanks, good to know, may give it a try.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 22, 12 11:15 PM
kw4892 wrote:I purchased Westward Kingdoms and it is so much fun...thoroughly enjoy it.! Very addicting. I thought I wouldn't like the "kingdom" idea but i was so wrong. Well worht buying!

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 22, 12 11:15 PM

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 22, 12 11:16 PM

Go to: