Need help with the moving jewels

[Post New]by pcox01 on May 3, 10 7:16 PM
Can anyone tell me the trick to get the moving jewels puzzle completed. I have tried for an hour.

Re:Need help with the moving jewels

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 18, 10 1:02 PM
Hi pcox01,
I saw your entry and a few others similar to it earlier this month when I was stuck on the moving jewels puzzle. I was hoping for some help with it but the most that anyone seemed to be able to offer was the advice to "just keep trying".

After MANY, MANY frustrating failures with this puzzle, an idea came to mind. I decided to try it. Sure glad I did, for I was able to complete the puzzle and see the final portions of the game.

I don't know if it will work for you or not... but it might be worth a few tries.

I just sat and watched the top two rows of the puzzle as they moved across the screen. As I noticed a column of jewels in a color that corresponded with the bottom row, I quickly jotted down the first letter of the color. For instance: B for blue, R for red, etc.

As soon as I wrote down the letter, I quickly watched for the next column of jewels that appeared. Then I jotted down the first letter of that color. I continued to do this until I had 19 letters on my sheet. At that point, it was time to test out the plan to see if it would work. After only about 3 tries, I had successfully completed the puzzle.

I'm not sure I caught every single one... and I also don't know if the sequence would be the same on everyone's game, but here are the letters I wrote down:
P....G....B....B....P....R....Y....G....G....R....R....G....Y....B....B....P....P....R....Y.

If they don't seem to work for you, you could sit and watch your screen and write out your own list of letters and then try it out to see if it would help you complete it.

Keep in mind that there is more than one jewel of at least some of the colors in the bottom row. You have to check out both. I would just set the moving row of jewels in position for the first match on my list and when that one collapsed, quickly set up for the next color on the list. If I saw I had been too slow to catch one, I'd just quickly set up for the next one.

Best of luck! I hope this helps.

Classicaljazz

Go to: