gospo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by gospo on Dec 31, 08 9:17 AM
I love the game, it is AWESOME!!!!!! The only question is if Victor is the end of this game and the beginning of a NEW GAME.

tHANX

i AM STUCK WITH HER TRAPPED IN THE THEATER & THE LIBRARY-IS THERE MORE?

[Post New]by isabelswift on Dec 31, 08 9:31 AM
I finished Return to Ravenhearst a couple weeks ago and it was the best game I ever played. I have been searching and searching through all your other games and none offers the same challenges, excitement, the same addictive pull that Return to Ravenhearst held for me. You have spoiled me for all the other games. Please offer us another one with the same stimulating challenge as this one. I can't wait!

[Post New]by walster on Dec 31, 08 9:55 AM
I thought the game was the most awesome one I've played in a very long time. The only bad thing I have to say is I became obsessed with some of the puzzles and lost some sleep trying to solve them. Otherwise, it is a brilliant combination of hidden object, puzzle, and deductive reasoning games ever! The plot and soundtrack were excellent, too.
Are there any other games like MCF eturn to Ravenhearst out there? I would love to play another right now!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Dec 31, 08 11:35 AM
This game is absolutely SUPERB!!! Everything wonderful has already been said about it in all the previous posts here and I concur with all of them! The best of everything is in RTR! I've played it three times and now my 29 year old daughter is starting it (with me sitting right beside her just enjoying it vicariously) She loves it too. Her fiance came in (he's an XBox war game type junkie not that there's anything wrong with that mind you) but he watched awhile and now he wants to start his own game! I'll never be able to get on my computer again! Poor old Mom! Thank you Big Fish! I you guys!!!

[Post New]by jodi4876 on Dec 31, 08 5:43 PM
I don't like the fact that there's no timing. I think timing makes it more exciting. I really wasn't impressed with this one. I don't think anything will ever top Madame Fate. I loved that one.

[Post New]by yhna_21 on Dec 31, 08 11:20 PM
could anyone pls tell me how to go down to the cliff????!!!!
ive been trying it for a week now
o.m.g.!!!pls pls help

cb13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cb13 on Jan 1, 09 1:16 AM
Smallhaven wrote:Took me a little over four hours to play the game. While the hidden objects were on the easy side for me, the puzzles were exactly the challenge I was looking for. I am not disappointed one iota with this latest MCF.

As for the next one... Did you catch the text at the end with the credits?

Since you have been through the game, H E L P !!!
I am so totally stuck. Got through to the kitchen, then nothing else works. can't get through the garden gate, can't do anything in the house. I have 7 objects in my inventory but none work at this level. Found 1/2 of the moon over the fire place in the living room, but can't find the other. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
carol04135

[Post New]by babmoo on Jan 1, 09 4:52 AM
I am going to download the game today. I have played all of the mystery case files and love them. Will let you know> From what I have read it's a keeper

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Jan 1, 09 9:47 AM
This is the best game I have played yet on this sight. Love it. I am playing it again, this is my third time! Beautiful backgrounds and effects. Amazing music!

Didn't like:
-THAT DARN PHONE PUZZLE! It should have had a skip button like all the other ones did.

-I got stuck really good on the elevator. I had to come to the forum for an answer as to where I could find the key for the skeleton head.

Otherwise, this was a seriously enjoyable! Ravenhearst III? Or something similar please?

Eek gads, now what am I gonna play?

KDinMD

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jan 1, 09 9:55 AM
I thought this game was fantastic

it was from playing the first Ravenhearst that I found Big Fish and joined.

RTR is much better than the original in many ways........most especially, the journal is MUCH better than the scrappy letters from the original game.
The graphics are fantastic, the music too, and I liked the mixture of HO and puzzle.
You just have to keep walking to and fro until something new appears (although I did find a walkthrough and peek at it a few times, also gave up on the bird-beak puzzle and skipped it....).
I notice that nearly all the games were spatial type ones, and not word games....was this deliberate?
I couldn't do the last puzzle with the numbers at all, but my dyslexic son soon had them spinning around, saying - this one goes this way, and this one goes that way, it only works because there's an odd number of numbers.........

Much praise to the team behind RTR.....
and here's to the next game they produce

[Post New]by sparrowhawk on Jan 1, 09 12:43 PM
I tried the game as a trial, decided to buy it. Downloaded it on my pc at work, downloaded okay. tried to download to my home pc, but keeps telling me I need to be connected to the internet...I am connected to the internet, I have cable modem service, you know goes through the cable, downloading and uploading, no phone lines attached. And I know I am connected. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

[Post New]by lorado on Jan 1, 09 1:13 PM
gadget56 wrote:Hey guys, this is the greatest game ever!!!! What you guys do is fab!!!
I love this game but I have been trying to connect the telephone for almost a month and cant get it done. Is there a way to do it? Thank you

[Post New]by twinklefish on Jan 1, 09 1:13 PM
I give this game very high marks, with one small complaint, which I will address at the end of these comments. First the good stuff.

As a fan of Myst-style adventure games, I have found the growing number of hidden object/adventure hybrids a very attractive alternative to the slower moving large file adventure games. They are fun to look at and include a satisfying balance of easy and difficult puzzles. You rarely get bogged down, and you can play for shorter chunks of time and return without being totally lost. I also love a really good story line, and these new hybrids succeed best for me when they include that. RTR is a very ambitious outing that I find particularly entertaining because, although I enjoy hidden object puzzles, I quickly grow bored if that is all there is to do. The variety of puzzles in this game is a very pleasant surprise, and they are well integrated into the story line.

Now for the small complaint: the nature of the story itself. No matter how much you dress it up in Victorian lace and inject it with quirky humor, it is still a story about a man who kidnapped, tormented, and killed two women and two children. I find that distasteful and would rather lose myself in a less gruesome story. I realize I am in the minority and there are a large number of fans of the horror genre who would find it very mild indeed, however I decided that if I was going to comment and give Big Fish Games the kudos they deserve for the depth and originality of the game, that I would also need to lodge my small protest as well. Games like Magic Encyclopedia and Hidden Expedition: Amazon had the same HO/LFA mix with storylines I found easier to take.

Thank you for hours of entertainment.

[Post New]by davenjoz on Jan 1, 09 3:42 PM
This has been a great game. My husband and I have been competing with each other to solve the puzzles. We highly recommend this game. It's not just a seek and find. The graphics are great. I just loved the ending!! Give it a try. You will love IT!!!!!!!

esghi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by esghi on Jan 2, 09 3:48 AM
Hi,

i played all MCF games and really love them. Return to Ravenhearst is amazing for me.

Does anyone have any idea about a new MCF release?

[Post New]by ladtak on Jan 2, 09 7:21 AM
I like this game, but it has been mind stretching. I am stuck again though. I am a grandmother of 3 and even they can't figure this out. I like the graphics, it is a creepy game.
ladtak=)

[Post New]by KARTAMANDU on Jan 2, 09 8:49 AM
ladtak wrote:I like this game, but it has been mind stretching. I am stuck again though. I am a grandmother of 3 and even they can't figure this out. I like the graphics, it is a creepy game.
ladtak=)
Hi Ladtak I am also grandmother of 2 and "no help ftom them either " but I have just managed to finish with lots of help from the forum But what do I play next ? any FISH SWIMMING BY ? that can suggest one !!

[Post New]by NoreenAnn on Jan 2, 09 9:11 AM
I love the Mystery Case Files and was so looking forward to this sequel. However, I am so baffled. I know how my inventory items can be used but I cannot move forward. This is so frustrating. Waiting for a hint does not even help. I've tried downloading the strategy guide, but it will not download. What's a girl to do?

NoreenAnn

P.S. Someone - help me!

willowb
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by willowb on Jan 2, 09 9:21 AM
HO games are really not my thing, but I have to say that RTR was one spectacular game. I love the concept of solving all the puzzles and the mini games, to me it ranks right up there with Evil Under the Sun, and Nancy Drew's Last game, Lights, camera ...

More games like this please!

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on Jan 2, 09 10:36 AM
Ravenhurst and the return to Ravenhurst both fantastic, Some of the puzzles you really had to have patience to solve them. I am now waiting for the next sequel in it (I am sure there will be one as the son escaped ),
Margaret

Go to: