Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 4, 13 10:43 PM
Tuesday morning UK day 6 and still can't get in.
BFG I know you say you are working hard to get us back in but, with respect is it not time to issue an update to fix this bug or tell us that it's the end of the game.

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 5, 13 1:45 AM
I know there is going to be a technical reason why, but can't they move the files onto an external server that works, there must be some out there as loads of other people are still playing?

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 5, 13 5:22 AM
Ok, I will send this next message to customer service too, but I am sooo upset.
Going mad without my fix of Dark Manor, I decide to hijack my husbands iPad, download completely new Dark Manor and start again until I can get back into mine. This way, I will also be able to do some research and come up with a Grand Redesign for my garden to celebrate, all mapped out ready on squared paper (I know, I'm sad).
The Ap took 3 attempts before it downloaded, then ages to do it's updates. You know what I'm going to say I'm sure...yep, got to the Enter screen and it crashes straight away! Surely BFG you should be either removing the Ap from sale, or directing new Manor owners to a working server. Such a shame, and a waste of 3 hours.

Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 5, 13 7:23 AM
Sorry to be thick PTBT but if the server is the problem why is it that some people can play and others can't because one would assume that either everyone can play or everyone can't play and if there is more than one server why don't they just move everyone to the server that works..
You will have to excuse me I am not computer savvy.

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 5, 13 7:29 AM
PTBT, I appreciate I am very much a newbie compared to you and many other forum members but, please note that I UNDERSTAND that the external server my manor is routed through is the thing that is playing up.
But there must be more than one external server otherwise everybody would be out of the game and that is NOT the case.
The point that I was making is that if I was a new player new to BFG I wouldn't know all this and obviously from my experience today the rogue server is still being used for brad new purchases.
Surely BFG can stop this server being used for new entrants, and if not they should temporarily suspend the sale of Dark Manor on the Ap store. Other will get disgruntled and not wait for the "fix" like us avid supporters, the ratings have already come down.
I was trying to raise awareness, I love my Manor and have had great support from Customer Services, I want new players to enjoy the game as much as I have.

DulceAroha
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by DulceAroha on Nov 5, 13 12:43 PM
BF Customer Support has posted (within the hour) on Facebook that a bug within the game, is what is contributing to the crash issues...and that it will be a faster fix than if it were related to a specific server.
I think it is specific to iOS users! Couldn't see the update here within the Forum? Can Customer Support post here..just to clarify and confirm... I know your flat-tat trying to answer that backlog of emails...Thanks BF Customer Support?

DulceAroha
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by DulceAroha on Nov 5, 13 12:44 PM
Meant....Thanks Customer Support!!!!!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 5, 13 1:04 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to duck in to let you know that we're absolutely still working on this issue and we will continue to keep you updated as best we can when we have more information.

DulceAroha, thanks for posting. I did some digging and I believe the bug in the game that the Dark Manor team was referring to is when the game crashes after accepting gifts from neighbors. It looks like that's a separate issue that should be resolved shortly.

We're going to be posting updates as soon as we have them here:

iOS version loading/crashing issues

I'll also continue to do my best to keep this thread up-to-date.

Thanks for your continued patience everyone!

bfgDeveron

Kevi1
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Kevi1 on Nov 5, 13 1:11 PM
Hi, bfgDevron,

Thank you we are back in and happily playing. I would like to let you know that we appreciate all the hard work you have been doing to fix this problem and I hope that all the others are back at their manors as well.
Elaine @ Dolphin Manor and Kevin@E soggy Bottom Boys

Daphje
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Daphje on Nov 5, 13 1:23 PM
Got in and played!
Unlucky for me... Bedtime! Hoping I can still play in the morning
Lucky for me... One of my pieces of land is ready and I have 50 presents waiting for me

Thank you for working so hard Big Fish CS

[Post New]by Innerwheel on Nov 5, 13 1:38 PM
I am in and playing. A big thank you for sorting it out. I am so excited at the new level I don't know where to start first... I am a very happy girl and I think all the family are happier now I will be out of their hair!! Thank you Big Fish

cassey74
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cassey74 on Nov 5, 13 2:01 PM
YAY! I'm in! I've lost everything & starting again but it's all good Thank you big fish!!!! Very happy

DulceAroha
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by DulceAroha on Nov 5, 13 2:43 PM
I'm finally in the game!! Unfortunately after completing sporadic HOScenes..it's crashing and I'm losing energy. Hope the bug gets a good...squish!
Thanks for the clarification and updates bfgDeveron?

DulceAroha
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by DulceAroha on Nov 5, 13 2:44 PM
Squish the ???? on my keyboard...I meant !!!!

[Post New]by Kargan on Nov 5, 13 3:03 PM
Well, it is working again. However, it seems the ghosts have left my manor taking all progress with them...
Is there a way not having to start all over again!?

[Post New]by buckbkatt on Nov 5, 13 3:27 PM
Finally able to get the game running but lost all my purchases. is there any way to recover them or will there be any compensation?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 5, 13 4:00 PM
I think this calls for a WOOOOOOOOOOT!

I'm so happy to hear that at least some of you are back into your manors!

If you lost progress in your game during these crashing issues, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps should be able to help sort this out.

If you could send your manor name in your help request, that would really help us out.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by elevatedeva on Nov 5, 13 4:29 PM
Wednesday morning here in Western Australia and still no game !

[Post New]by Whip13 on Nov 5, 13 5:23 PM
Fantastically happy to be back in and playing! Didn't lose anything that I can tell. Thanks for all the hard work getting us up and running. Fingers crossed, it stays this way

I'm in Perth, Western Australia, and I managed to get in at around 5.30 am.

Edited on 11/05/2013 at 5:26:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Xuxa4321 on Nov 5, 13 6:00 PM
I'm playing again!! I was a little skeptical when I first got in that it wouldn't kick me out again, but it's been 45 minutes and I'm still going strong. Thanks BFG!!

Go to: