sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by sillygrrl on May 25, 14 12:20 PM
The game won't load. I've already run the gamut of the help pages, made sure I have all the updated Java, Flash, Shockwave, Drivers etc. My computer is new and my graphics card is the most advanced one you can get so I don't know what else I could possibly do on my end, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but the game just stops on the 'loading' screen and nothing happens.

GenieGin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by GenieGin on May 25, 14 8:37 PM
I am really upset. I downloaded the new edition or Dark Manor and I completely lost my original manor, "Silverstone Castle". I tried the uninstall and reinstall, and much to my surprise, in my purchase history, Dark Manor was not listed. Now I don't have a game at all. If you look at all the gold purchases I made with Big Fish you will see I did have the Dark Manor Game. Can anyone get my game back? Kathyrn was helping me last Fri., so maybe she can continue. I'm so disgusted with playing this game and all it's problem. I've put too much money in it to quit now. So please put my game back in my game manager. Thanks

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 26, 14 4:53 AM
GenieGin wrote:I am really upset. I downloaded the new edition or Dark Manor and I completely lost my original manor, "Silverstone Castle". I tried the uninstall and reinstall, and much to my surprise, in my purchase history, Dark Manor was not listed. Now I don't have a game at all. If you look at all the gold purchases I made with Big Fish you will see I did have the Dark Manor Game. Can anyone get my game back? Kathyrn was helping me last Fri., so maybe she can continue. I'm so disgusted with playing this game and all it's problem. I've put too much money in it to quit now. So please put my game back in my game manager. Thanks

Free to play games are not listed as purchases in Game Manager. All you have to do is go to the Dark Manor page on this site and reinstall it from there. But I don't know if uninstalling/ reinstalling will solve your problem- if it doesn't then it's time to contact Kathryn.

[Post New]by rcougarxr7 on May 26, 14 8:07 AM
The last update put me back at the very beginning....I was too far to have to start all over again and I won't. What can I do to get everything back?

[Post New]by cdgalambos on May 26, 14 8:29 AM
Just bought a new Dell XT2 with Win 7 Pro and I am unable to get my game to Log into my FaceBook account! Blank Screen with 10% and bar at the bottom. I am unable to Play my game and it keeps starting a new one! Any Ideas?

OK 5/29 and still no answer I have logged into facebook and even Liked the DM page and still can't get my XT2 to install and connect to MY OLD Manor. I can still play it on the Old XP Laptop I have it made the Upgrade with no issues! I am still logged into FaceBook on the Old XP but freaked when it told me it would reset the account if I logged out! If Facebook is supposed to allow multiple instances of the same game why can't I do it????

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 10:56:24 AM PST

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 26, 14 10:27 AM
Since Thursday I haven't been able to get the game to load beyond startup. It just sits there with about 5% or so saying 'Asking spirits for new content' and never goes any further. I can hit escape to exit, so it's not freezing, but just not connecting, I guess?

Does anyone have a fix for this?

[Post New]by CarenTarvin on May 26, 14 12:39 PM
Windows 8.

Very very slow to load, and then it crashes over and over.

I was able to get my daily gift and click on the juju and $ buttons. Then as I clicked the ??? it crashed. I relogged in, and luckily hadn't lost anything, but as soon as I try to do anything, BOOM another crash.

I couldn't make it to my free spin or to a HOS scene today.

Please fix it.

[Post New]by quilternow on May 26, 14 1:40 PM
My game crashes when I go to hidden object scenes and when I try to visit friends. I'm sorry but this is the absolute worst experience I've had with BFG. I would NEVER recommend this game to anyone I considered a friend.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 26, 14 2:13 PM
They just don't have us connected. I can't even get in, just sits on connecting with a women on each side.

[Post New]by libulind on May 27, 14 5:47 AM
I have same problem. When i start the game, its connecting, nothing else happens.
Tried to reinstall game few times, but its still just connecting. Problem started after the second update
Wrote also to customer support, but they don't respond

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 27, 14 7:27 AM
Hopefully they will come back from long weekend to take care of us. They do not seem to be in a rush. 5 days and no answer from them. When you send in for help they say 24 to 72 hours. Good thing I didn't hold my breath. Still same old connecting picture that does nothing.

[Post New]by Lisa_Rowe on May 27, 14 7:29 AM
anyone know when the facebook problem will be solve????? I mean where you click to see your friends and an annoying facebook log in pops up and wont go away. I can't be cancelled, the whole game freezes and crashes. (logging in doesn't work ether it just pops back up again, I'm anti facebook but it was worth a try) have written customer service many times and gotta no where. it is getting old fast. does anyone know how to fix this or when it will be fixed.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 27, 14 7:57 AM
Lisa_Rowe wrote:anyone know when the facebook problem will be solve????? I mean where you click to see your friends and an annoying facebook log in pops up and wont go away. I can't be cancelled, the whole game freezes and crashes. (logging in doesn't work ether it just pops back up again, I'm anti facebook but it was worth a try) have written customer service many times and gotta no where. it is getting old fast. does anyone know how to fix this or when it will be fixed.

This problem was fixed days ago with an update. Look in you Game Manager - if you don't see it, click Options /Downloads /Manually and you'll find it.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 27, 14 10:51 AM
Done that, did three updates, no more. Even had computer guy in to try and get me in. It's up to BF if they ever get back to work.

GenieGin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by GenieGin on May 27, 14 11:41 AM
eli173 wrote:
GenieGin wrote:I am really upset. I downloaded the new edition or Dark Manor and I completely lost my original manor, "Silverstone Castle". I tried the uninstall and reinstall, and much to my surprise, in my purchase history, Dark Manor was not listed. Now I don't have a game at all. If you look at all the gold purchases I made with Big Fish you will see I did have the Dark Manor Game. Can anyone get my game back? Kathyrn was helping me last Fri., so maybe she can continue. I'm so disgusted with playing this game and all it's problem. I've put too much money in it to quit now. So please put my game back in my game manager. Thanks

Free to play games are not listed as purchases in Game Manager. All you have to do is go to the Dark Manor page on this site and reinstall it from there. But I don't know if uninstalling/ reinstalling will solve your problem- if it doesn't then it's time to contact Kathryn.

GenieGin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by GenieGin on May 27, 14 11:44 AM
I did uninstall the game, but when I went to my Purchase History, my Dark Manor game was not listed so I was unable to reinstall my game. I don't have the game at all now. Kathryn has not contacted me yet. How do I get a Dark Manor game into my Purchase History? They must have the date back in Aug. or so when I bought the game. Sure wish I could get my manor back.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 27, 14 12:57 PM
lcjdqs wrote:Hopefully they will come back from long weekend to take care of us. They do not seem to be in a rush. 5 days and no answer from them. When you send in for help they say 24 to 72 hours. Good thing I didn't hold my breath. Still same old connecting picture that does nothing.
Mine is the same and I just received another generic email..This is so frustrating ..I have land that opened up and I had just purchased gold,,All we can do is wait,wait...wait

Stormydem
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Stormydem on May 27, 14 9:30 PM
First, please get the "locked out" people back into their games. Then, it's taken over 10 minutes to visit three neighbors. Please fix this before the pending Scavenger Hunt. Also, this is only since the latest update/installation/fix. There is now (as I'm sure you know) the incessant bar at the bottom of every screen we enter telling us it's loading. It was not like this before the new fix. Before, click, get in, do the blitz, get out, repeat. Thanks for your continued help and support.

Arehte
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Arehte on May 27, 14 9:53 PM
lcjdqs wrote:Since Thursday I haven't been able to get the game to load beyond startup. It just sits there with about 5% or so saying 'Asking spirits for new content' and never goes any further. I can hit escape to exit, so it's not freezing, but just not connecting, I guess?

Does anyone have a fix for this?

I have the same problem and I have had this for months not being able to play the game. I have asked before a few times and got nothing so I don't know what is going on!

Facebook neighbors

[Post New]by jamcal on May 28, 14 9:04 AM
I have my Facebook account linked to Dark Manor and it says so in-game, but the Facebook link does not appear when I try to add neighbors from Facebook. I'm new here so I don't know if this has been reported/resolved before, but any help would be appreciated.

Go to: