snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Where is the treasure chest?

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 6, 17 6:40 AM
On day 17 of the treasure chest quest, and suddenly there is no treasure chest anywhere on the screen? I did another update yesterday and this morning no chest. I played a few levels, went back to the world screen and still no chest.

Anyone else have this problem?

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Re:Where is the treasure chest?

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 6, 17 6:46 AM
Update. I went back, beat a level this time, one I had won many times, and like magic the chest appeared. Did I miss any announcement?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 6, 17 7:23 AM
I had heard that with the monsterville update you don't get your chest until you play a level, and that you have to be online at the time. I had not heard that you have to win. I've been lucky yesterday and today and won my first board each day.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 6, 17 7:25 AM
Not that I've noticed snowmanvt, if I remember correctly you're on Android? My iPad hasn't given me any trouble with the chests, but no new update since the 9/19 one either.

[Post New]by stargazer_lily6 on Oct 6, 17 8:18 AM
Have played the last two days and haven't seen any treasure chests show at all. On PC and checked to see if there was any new updates that I may have missed, but none were available.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Oct 6, 17 9:27 AM
Playing on iPad, I did have an update yesterday, and no treasure chest since then. Will try playing a level and post what happens...

ETA: Yes, that worked, immediately after winning the level I got the chests back...

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 9:32:28 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Oct 6, 17 9:38 AM
On my iPad the chest comes up as soon as I go to the game, I don’t need to go to a specific city or play any level.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Oct 6, 17 10:00 AM
On iPad, did a new update this morning. No chests, even after completing new and old levels. ? ?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 6, 17 10:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to offer more information about the Daily Rewards chests in the game. The chest will now appear after iOS or Android users have played their first level of the day (as opposed to loading when the game is first opened). Players do not have to win the level to trigger the Daily Rewards chest's appearance. PC players will not be affected by this change.

If any questions arise, please PM me (or one of the active Moderators). We're here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Oct 6, 17 11:08 AM
Sorry Beruna but I had to win a level to see the chest.

And, by the way, please STOP making changes every week just to make changes. The 30 day treasure chests didn't even last 30 days without a change. These updates are driving players crazy.

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 1:27:32 PM PST

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 6, 17 11:44 AM
I agree with snowmanvt and I am a PC player and fail to see why the treasure chests have been completely disabled on the PC version of the game since Oct 3. The PC version has nothing to do with the mobile version of the game as PC players are painfully aware. So now the PC players have no opportunity to even engage with the chests as they did previously. I just hope there is something good coming to PC players and also plead with the devs to stop making changes just to make changes especially when they are not as good as the way it was before and are really not enhancing the game but instead are frustrating my mobile GD friends. It seems ridiculous to continue to update and change things when they have no particular benefit to the players.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Oct 6, 17 11:50 AM
I have not had the chest for days and I have won several times. When this problem is resolved, will PC players get multiple chances of the free chests to make up for the missing days???

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 6, 17 12:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience with me as I do more research into this matter.

After further investigation, it does appear that the PC version of the game has had the daily Treasure Chests disabled. The Moderation Team doesn't receive information about why these or other changes are made to the game, so I'm unable to provide further clarification about why the Treasure Chests have been disabled. I'm also unable to speak as to when this feature will be returned to the game.

Mobile players' Treasure Chests should also be triggered after the first level that is played, so if that isn't happening, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll be equipped to investigate and resolve this.

If there are any more questions or concerns, please PM me or another active Moderator. We'll be happy to provide whatever help we can. I'll also pass along the feedback from this thread to the teams behind the game.

Have a lovely weekend, Everyone.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Jorickz on Oct 7, 17 4:40 PM
I lost my first level this morning. No chest.

Won on second attempt. Chest.

That is really not fair. I not only have to log on every day. But I then have to win? What if I'm stuck on a super hard level?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 7, 17 5:15 PM
I lost my first game this morning and did get a chest, so at least sometimes it works that way.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Oct 7, 17 10:56 PM
The chest icon has disappeared from the game (on an android device) but as soon as the 24 hours are up a chest pop-up appears, like the scratch ticket.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Oct 8, 17 6:45 AM
Well I've lost track of what day my treasure chest is on,18 or 19 last two were both 12,500 hats! Jorickz, to answer your question, depending on what city you are in you can play Tokyo 45 or Rome 87 or any of the other easy levels in various cities!

[Post New]by GoMinnesotaWild on Oct 12, 17 6:40 PM
Do you have to "log in" every day through Facebook to get the daily chest? and the reward for playing 30 days in a row? I have an "android" phone and have played at least a couple of days in a row and haven't seen any chests. I do not have a Facebook account. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 12, 17 7:32 PM
I think there is a general stuff up across all platforms for the daily treasure chest. I am on ipad, its totally disappeared from my game now. Everyone seems to be having different experiences with it. Guess we will just have to be patient and see what happens, they must surely be working on it?

[Post New]by Hlplayer on Nov 22, 17 4:47 AM
I get loads of problems with the new treasure chest. It doesn't always appear on a given day, even if you play. And then it reverts to day 1. Plus some updates seem to affect it. I've had an update this morning which has kept my game progress but sent the treasure chest back to day 1. So I've lost a 40 day accumulation! Obviously a bug on my android version.

Go to: