EdsMom311
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Help! Level 131

[Post New]by EdsMom311 on Oct 6, 17 8:21 AM
I am on level 131 where you have bombs with timers and can buy plastic bags of water, I think it is water. If I choose the bags it goes to each bomb and nuetralizes it I guess. Object of this level says get x amount of points in 1 1/2 minutes. Well I have had way over the point requirement and still lose the level. When the directions came up explaining about the bombs I accidently clicked it off without reading it. Ugh. Can anyone help me? Kat

I am playing on a MAC.

Edited on 10/06/2017 at 8:26:44 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Help! Level 131

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 6, 17 8:46 AM
Hi Kat, I only played the demo so didn't get that far, but level 131 sounds like a clone of a level that appeared in Intersol's earlier games which I completed. The bombs with timers have a move counter on them which goes down by one every time you make a move. If the counter goes to zero, boom and you forfeit the level. The plastic bag of water is the "water shock" powerup which when used adds 5 moves to the counter on all bombs in the board. Bombs can be cleared by including them in a match or using powerups on them.

Since the goal of level 131 is to get X amount of points in 1:30, the best strategy to use is to make sure you have a decent stash of "free move" powerups (the one that lets you swap any 2 tiles) and maybe pick the colorful ghost booster at the beginning before the level starts. You want to focus on making colorful ghosts and use them to zap the most abundant color on the board. This gives you a huge point boost each time you do it. You only need to get enough points to reach 1 star on the stars meter to win, so it's a matter of watching the bombs to make sure they don't explode before you've gotten the points along with clearing bombs as needed.

If you do the colorful ghost setup 3 times quickly (using your free move boosters) it's often enough to 3 star it in less than a minute in my experience. However, as I said earlier, you only need to reach the 1 star mark to win, so if you just want to get past the level, work until you get 1 star, then stop making moves altogether and let the timer expire so the bombs don't keep counting down and accidentally explode. Hope that helps, and feel free to post back if you still have questions.

EdsMom311
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Help! Level 131

[Post New]by EdsMom311 on Oct 7, 17 5:51 PM
Thank u so very much! You rock!!

Go to: