airship is depressing

ohpleeze
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

airship is depressing

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Oct 7, 17 1:14 PM
It always asks for items I don't have and HOS gives nothing that I need.
magrat

Re:airship is depressing

[Post New]by purplemonkey9 on Oct 7, 17 4:05 PM
You are not alone. Why does it ask for the same item 5 of 6 times in a row?? I didn't have them the first time, why would they think I would have them now???

purplemonkey

ohpleeze
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Oct 8, 17 7:53 AM
purplemonkey9, it seems like someone doesn't want everyone to enjoy CC.
magrat

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
8,620 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 8, 17 8:02 AM
ohpleeze wrote:purplemonkey9, it seems like someone doesn't want everyone to enjoy CC.
magrat
Actually, it isn't personal at all..... in fact, that is probably the reason we don't have our games giving us exactly what we want .... it is purely random, not personal....

Although, there are some quirks to the way the randomness presents itself and you can work it to your benefit:

1. Never, never, never run out of any of the airship items, pet food, or stamps..... in fact, if you can maintain at least 50 of each stamp, and at least 30 of each pet food -- the game seems to give you all the varieties.

2. For airship items, try to "balance" them so that you have a similar amount of each item ..... since I keep a large stock on hand, I try to keep it within 50 from the amount with the least to the amount with the most. .....You can balance your items by trading with friends, or selling down the ones you have the most of to make it more even.

3. If you will do 2 full rounds of HOSs ..... regardless of what level you are on, you will keep up your supply of airship items .... Currently, at max level, my airships are frequently hovering around 300 steering wheels ..... that is about 100 airship items ....also, at Level 80, there are 100 HOSs to visit ..... so, if I do 2 full rounds, I get 200 airship items, which allows a balance of items and helps me to keep up my "stock"

4. Send the airship off empty if it is constantly asking for the one you have the least of .... 4 hours later, it will return (plenty of time for the CC), and you might have it ask for something you have more of ..... another way of balancing inventory

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 8:04:34 AM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
775 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 8, 17 8:32 AM
You can also get rid of your highest ones by filling the airship with just that one & letting it go off on its own. Works better if your airship is close to leaving and you wont need it before it does leave.

LJM5091
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
496 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 8, 17 8:32 AM
This is taken from another thread called "stats".

It backs up what annelliegram stated...

Desertdruid wrote:
I A word of advice about your airship inventory - with a spread that large, you'll keep getting mostly what you already have the most of. You might want to pack just the Box asking for the item you have 120 more of & let the airship go on it's own. Gift what you have most of, & ask for what you have least of. Repeat until you have them all within 10 of each other. That's what I do when I get out of balance, & it really seems to help even out the drops.

Hi Desertdruid,

I was having problems getting any of the airshop lanterns even when using exclusive pets and, of course, my airship wanted them each time it arrived.

I couldn't gift that many airships away fast enough to level them but I did decide to change the difference between the rest of the gang and the lantern another way. Lantern=6 Other items=80+ for each one.

I sharded them off (sorry, I need them) about 10 at a time. It was scary getting rid of so many.....BUT it worked. As of today, they are between 40 and 48.I will watch closer and not let them get so far apart again.

Thanks for the GREAT advice.

lj

ohpleeze
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Oct 8, 17 2:07 PM
Thank you Annelliegram.
magrat

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
8,620 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 8, 17 3:47 PM
ohpleeze wrote:Thank you Annelliegram.
magrat
Good luck and patience being sent your way.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,733 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 9, 17 5:10 AM
So glad I was able to help, lj!

unofrio
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 9, 17 8:10 AM
Another thing that's aggravating on low levels is the DQ's request way too many wheels. My level 13 game has plenty of airship items because with only 10 HOS open, I can make a round in 10 minutes so am more inclined to do so when I'm on anyway but the DQ will often ask for so many wheels that it takes packing the airship 3x to get them. Very aggravating and unfair! The DQ's don't send me places I can't yet go so they must be level connected in that sense so why do they ask me for more wheels than I can get without spending diamonds to call back the ship?

Annelliegram wrote:If you will do 2 full rounds of HOSs ..... regardless of what level you are on, you will keep up your supply of airship items .... Currently, at max level, my airships are frequently hovering around 300 steering wheels ..... that is about 100 airship items ....also, at Level 80, there are 100 HOSs to visit ..... so, if I do 2 full rounds, I get 200 airship items, which allows a balance of items and helps me to keep up my "stock"

Gee, you made that sound easy but the amount of time it would eat out of my day to do even 100, let alone, 200 HOS is utterly unreasonable. On the android game, I have only 10 HOS and since it takes about 10 minutes to make a round, I do several times a day but on my level 80, nope. I can do 10 each time like I do the android but it's just not going to come close to keeping the level 80 game in good supply. If I do 3x a day, that's only 30 and it's not going to cut it. I'm retired and consider that not only far too time consuming (I do have to tend my virtual gardens and maybe actually quest for a little bit in another game and keep up with my social media and, you know, clean house, keep doctor appointments, visit with my rl friends, get to stores when needed and presumably BF would like me to have time to play their other fine downloadable games that I do pay for now and then and since I am chronically ill, I do tend to nap a time or two during the day) and it's not going to cut it for the level 80 so why bother?

D-NY

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 8:11:19 AM PST

mamarose1900
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,882 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 9, 17 8:51 AM
unofrio, I feel for your frustration. Anniellegram and Desertdruid's strategy is really best for games that are farther along. IIRC, I didn't do many DQs or anything that required airship items when my game was at level 13. I started doing them when I was at a high enough level to be able to spend the items without taking my inventory down much. I may have done one or two a week and only the simpler ones.

I still don't do them daily. I check the requirements and make sure I have enough stock to send the required airships, if there are any. Then I check my time and make sure I have time to do all the repetitions of HOS, if I don't want to use an amulet. But, I don't care much about completing the achievements any time soon. I consider the DQs something to do when there are no special events, castle challenges, or level up quests going on. They keep me from getting too bored. If I finsish the achievements, I won't want to do them and I'll be bored more often.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

ohpleeze
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Oct 9, 17 12:58 PM
Desertdruid, and a thank you to you also. But I do want to clear up one thing. I do not think there is anything personal going on in this game cuz 1) there are too many people playing 2) many other reasons. But there could be some things that causes the game to be harder on for some to play, like giving things you already have instead of just randomly giving out items no matter how many you have.
magrat

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,733 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 9, 17 2:18 PM
You're welcome, magrat. And agreed - the more you have, the more you get, & that has got to be in the programming. So of course it's not personal - - it just feels like it!

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Oct 9, 17 3:44 PM
I would tend to agree.

It always asks for the one item I have the least of. Of course the reason I don't have a lot of that one shipping item is because it has been depleted by the 2 previous airship requirements.
At the moment I have about 250 Amber Boxes, & 210 Lanterns. The other 3 items I have 77, 85, 82. I manage to build them up a bit, then - again the same ones are needed again.
I notice many of my Friends ask for the same shipping item over & over. Fortunately, most of the time it's the Amber Box, & I glad I can help.

volzhi
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 9, 17 5:19 PM
Reading through all of your discussions, I wonder how you got so many of so many things. I am always out of money and have to wait and wait until I get just enough to craft the item or open a new item to move on. I end up with less than $100 to be able to do the deal. Am I doing something wrong?? In my boot straps fashion I have reached 65. Part two of the question is what about all the inventory items? Sometimes when I see one is over $100, I can't resist cashing it in. Should all this $$$ be left just lying there for another day?

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,869 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 10, 17 1:53 AM
If the lack of airship items depresses you very much, then it is time to visit the Special Room in the MC wing for solace and a huggie jacket.
Tedium of just repeating the HOS just for them however is not curable and so I am taking some leave of the game.
I hope to restore game play in the New Year with two seasonal events to interrupt these voracious DQ, when these items are stocked up once more

Myhashen
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Oct 10, 17 6:09 AM
I have reached the point that I don't do any airships unless required for a challenge. If a DQ requires an airship, I just don't do it because I know I'll need those items for the CC. I keep the 2 or 3 airship items that I have the least of on my wish list, and often get them from friends. When I am not working toward completing a CC, I try to do the castle HOS because the items that everyone, including me, needs for DQs are always castle items. Unfortunately, the items needed almost never show up. Coins and shards, coins and shards, coins and shards, and, once in a while, some item that almost never gets used. But, all of those come with an airship item, so the effort isn't wasted. I'd love to have a "bonus" hour every day in which I could choose what item I wanted from the HOS, the wheel, and Trina's slot machine. Wouldn't that be fun! ShaSha

unofrio
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 10, 17 6:35 AM
mamarose1900 wrote:unofrio, I feel for your frustration. Anniellegram and Desertdruid's strategy is really best for games that are farther along. IIRC, I didn't do many DQs or anything that required airship items when my game was at level 13. I started doing them when I was at a high enough level to be able to spend the items without taking my inventory down much. I may have done one or two a week and only the simpler ones.

I still don't do them daily. I check the requirements and make sure I have enough stock to send the required airships, if there are any. Then I check my time and make sure I have time to do all the repetitions of HOS, if I don't want to use an amulet. But, I don't care much about completing the achievements any time soon. I consider the DQs something to do when there are no special events, castle challenges, or level up quests going on. They keep me from getting too bored. If I finsish the achievements, I won't want to do them and I'll be bored more often.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

The level 13 game is having no problem; it's the level 80. I've utterly given up on having enough airship. Since I'm earning so many diamonds on the puzzles, I just pay the diamonds for them if I run out. They're only 3 diamonds each. But it irks me that I need to spend diamonds on that. I do resent it a little bit. I'm ready for that special huggie jacket.

I suspect that once the PC (level 80) game reaches the achievements and I do more than one a day on the Android (level 13) then I might get frustrated on that one too. Even though I'm purposely not leveling to work on the DQ and Trina achievements first.

I'm not afraid of running out of things to do. If I should actually live long enough to see that happen, I will do more downloadable games (tried Fantasy Mosaics at someone's suggestion and am absolutely hooked) and actually progress in that MMO I claim to play. (We aren't allowed to name competing games.)

D-NY

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,733 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 10, 17 10:13 AM
volzhi wrote:Reading through all of your discussions, I wonder how you got so many of so many things. I am always out of money and have to wait and wait until I get just enough to craft the item or open a new item to move on. I end up with less than $100 to be able to do the deal. Am I doing something wrong?? In my boot straps fashion I have reached 65. Part two of the question is what about all the inventory items? Sometimes when I see one is over $100, I can't resist cashing it in. Should all this $$$ be left just lying there for another day?

Volzhi, the answer is simple, but not necessarily easy to do - you just put leveling up on hold & do the rounds. You'll build up your coins & your airship supplies with every HOS, & sometimes you'll get pet food, stamps, gift boxes, & amulet energy. Win/win, but can be tedious.

At one point, I was caught up in the story, running all over Town, opening up new HOS & ZZs, not paying attention to my coins, & realized I was down to single digits!
It forced me to stop right there & build up my supplies. I have never let myself run out again. If I need 10,000 to open a ZZ, I earn 11 or 12K first. If I see 35,000 in expenses coming up, I stop & earn 50K.
I've done the same with stamps, airship items & pet food. Never, ever sell these!

One other thing, I never sell a HOS, ZZ, or crafted item just because it's got a high value. Everything is needed at some point, some constantly. I only sell HOS items that I've got more than 100 of, because obviously, they're not in demand. I'll sometimes sell those down to 75 when I have a big expenditure coming up.

The Fall Event is coming soon - that's a fantastic time to put your leveling on hold & just focus on the event. You'll build up your coins & inventory without even noticing you're doing it!
Hang in there!

volzhi
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 10, 17 4:31 PM
Thank you Desertdruid. I have never been a patient person. I always want to get to the end of things. I hear you loud and clear. I just wonder if I will ever be able to follow your directions.

Go to: