Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 8, 17 12:51 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 9:20:13 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 8, 17 9:19 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 8, 17 9:34 AM
I know I sound like a broken record, but I always wait for a good CE sale that make them the same price as a SE version, before buying these games. Then I wait for the Standard Edition release, and play the demo of the game in the SE version first. Then I finish playing the Collector's Edition version, unless the game tanks after the demo, leaving me with no desire to play it all the way through. Nightmare Shadows has a decent storyline that continued to hold my interest after the demo, it even has a few twists that you might not have anticipated. I wasn't thrilled with many of the Hidden Object Scenes, because I thought they were too simplistic, and too brief. This game has several chapters, each chapter is a different milestone in the main characters life or memory, so it's well worth purchasing. Personally, I prefer the CE version because I like collectibles, and this one has 15 Family Portraits and 15 Shadow People to find which gives you a brief description about each one, once you find them, in the Shadow People Encyclopedia. Below is a recap of my review to help you make a decision on which version, if either is right for you:

Our minds tend to block terrifying events as a coping mechanism, to help us survive. Our dreams however, don't always get the memo, and sometimes we're forced to relive horrifying events of the past, events we've tried so hard to forget. On this fateful night, Reynell's nightmares come to fruition, as his dreams open portals of his past from Sullivan River to Norwich Caves University, back to where his troubles first began. A nightmare filled with Shadows of those who haunt his life. It is said that a man who cannot find his deepest memories, will wake up, but what happens if he does find his deepest memory?

I remember when Sullivan River was first released, and I bought the game without hesitation, and loved every minute of it. Since then, Sable Maze has had it's ups and downs, but I continue to enjoy this series, and Nightmare Shadows will definitely join my series collection. The characters are very realistic and have fluid movements (unlike the ones in Dark Romance that glide or walk with jilted movements) The graphics are decent, but tend to be a bit on the dark side.

The Hidden Object Scenes are the same ole, same ole, however, I did enjoy some of the locations. There are items to find that match riddles, Fragment finds, Interactive Progressive Silhouetted Shape finds and even smaller Zoom Zones HOP's with Multiples. One of the scene's were repeated in the demo, which is a feature I really don't like, because its boring a second time around, but fortunately, not too many scenes are repeated in the main game. There is an alternate Match 3 game available if you're not into HOP's, and they seem to be a bit simplistic, and way too brief.

The Mini Games are fairly decent, and not too difficult to solve. A lot of them are the kind that when you rotate one piece, it affects other pieces, which can be frustrating, and some are available with an Easy or Hard difficulty mode. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:

1) Overlay a colored lens with the clear lens to scan for stepping stones, using the clues shown on each stone to choose the next colored lens.
2) Move figurines to their matching colored doors, moving a figurine will cause the others to move in the opposite direction.
3) Click rotational arrows and swap picture pieces along the lines to restore the 4 pictures.
4) Rotate circle sections until marbles align with all holes.
5) Find and replace torn book fragments correctly.
6) Use arrows to align two glass shards together.
7) Click on items to uncover fragments, if the selection is wrong, the items will shuffle.
8) Place tiles in their matching slots correctly.
9) Fold the map horizontally and vertically using visual clues on the map.
10) Use the map to find your way out of the maze.
11) Create a path for the ball to travel from left to right using directional arrows to move columns of tiles.
12) Arrange labels according to the timetable.
13) Defeat the shadow by selecting symbols in the scene that are shown in the top right corner.
14) Rotate the disks to swap the pieces to complete the picture.
15) Select and place the gears into the correct slots using the clues shown.

SABLE MAZE GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-Sullivan River (September 30-12) 4.0
2-Norwich Caves (August 29-13) 4.0
3-Forbidden Garden (July 24-14) 3.5
4-Twelve Fears (May 14-15) 3.6
5-Soul Catcher (December 31-15) 3.7
6-Sinister Knowledge (September 8-16) 4.2
7-Nightmare Shadows (September 9-17) 3.6

The Collector's Edition has 13 Developer Diary pictures, 18 Concept Art pictures, 12 Wallpapers, 15 Family Pictures to collect, 15 hidden Shadow People, 4 Music Soundtracks, 15 Achievements to earn, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, whatever you do, don't fall asleep, enjoy!

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Oct 8, 17 7:21 PM
Thank-You for your excellent reviews! I always look for pennmom36 before I make my decision to purchase or not....because I know that I will get a unbiased opinion but a really good idea on what the game is about. Sometimes, being a caregiver, there are time constraints or no energy left. Thanks again.

Go to: