Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 9, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 5:23:23 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 9, 17 8:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

xanamia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xanamia on Oct 10, 17 4:36 AM
What's the problem with this game? After downloading the trial version, I have sound and images but the words that were supposed to guide you are covered by pink stripes. Am I doing anything wrong?
Windows 7 CPU E2180 @ 2GHz 2.00 GHz RAM 2,00 GB

Thank you

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Oct 10, 17 8:41 AM
My virus protection is saying that a Trojan was installed with this game.

C:\Users\Tam\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\28\2e002d9c-3e7b7f2b\[12] com/bitcoinplus/applet/e.class: Skipped

[Post New]by Shebee345 on Oct 10, 17 9:25 AM
I purchased this game because I have the others in this series and have enjoyed them all. However, with this game, it's difficult to use the power ups that appear on the right side panel. When I drag the power up to a cell, it doesn't want to respond. I have to work with it a few minutes before it finally works. I didn't have this problem with the previous games and I'm using the same computer. Anyone else encounter this?

[Post New]by crip1108 on Oct 10, 17 4:39 PM
xanamia wrote:What's the problem with this game? After downloading the trial version, I have sound and images but the words that were supposed to guide you are covered by pink stripes. Am I doing anything wrong?
Windows 7 CPU E2180 @ 2GHz 2.00 GHz RAM 2,00 GB

Thank you

Level 51

[Post New]by crip1108 on Oct 10, 17 4:44 PM
When board is cleared it still says 1 stone block left. (PC).Have tried 3 times and still says same thing.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 10, 17 4:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry your games aren't working properly and thank you for your patience while waiting for some troubleshooting help.

If your game isn't displaying properly, is freezing, or crashes, please check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode, which will ensure it has the permissions to access all of the resources it needs. The help articles below will walk you through those processes.

It also sounds like a virus message has been received. Our games are rigorously tested before they're released, and they should never contain a virus. Sometimes antivirus software programs will mistake one of our games as being dangerous; we've developed good relationships with antivirus software companies to resolve these instances quickly when they arise.

If you game received a virus message, please contact our Technical Support Team and include the following information with your inquiry:

1. The game that is causing the issue.
2. The name of your antivirus company.
3. The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
4. The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

Our Support Team can provide further help. I've also included an article containing more information about virus messages below.

Virus Messages

Should my suggestions not work, or if these solutions haven't address your inquiry, please also contact our Support Team. My fellow moderators and I are also reachable by PM and will happily answer any remaining questions.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by locojo on Oct 11, 17 8:04 AM
Level 99 says there is one block left when clearly there is not. When will you fix this. Using PC

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 11, 17 9:18 AM
Hi locojo,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble progressing as a specific level states that one block is left but doesn't appear. It is recommended to try running the game as an administrator so that the proper resources and permissions can be obtained to allow the game to run properly. Please refer to the following help page for these specific steps:

Please keep in mind that the Moderation Team doesn't have the ability to make any changes within the games which may include a fix for technical issues. It is recommended if the issues continue to be present, to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

tvjunkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tvjunkies on Oct 11, 17 4:19 PM
On level 67, I cleared everything but game still says I have 1 metal square to go. I do not.

No way to win game. Just had to end by signing out.

Now have to replay.

Is this a glitch?

I am on Mac OS X.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 13, 17 2:20 PM
Add level 92 to MIA stone. Says I have one stone left but even after reshuffling there is no stone.

ETA After replaying the level all stones were there.

Edited on 10/13/2017 at 2:33:18 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 13, 17 4:37 PM
Hello tvjunkies and mhatfie,

I'm sorry there's been trouble with the game recognizing completed levels. It's good to hear that replaying the level fixed the trouble for you, mhatfie. I'll happily provide troubleshooting advice for you, tvjunkies.

When a game doesn't recognize a win, even though the level's been beaten, it's possible a display error is occurring. First I'd recommend checking the computer's video card driver to see if it's up to date. This driver directs the computer's graphics, and installing one of the updates its developers release can really help fix display errors. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode to ensure it has the necessary permissions to access resources it needs.

The following help pages will walk you through those processes:

Should these steps not fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more help.

Thank you for your understanding. Please PM me or another moderator if any new questions arise. We're always glad to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

tvjunkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tvjunkies on Oct 14, 17 11:34 AM
I replayed the level and that fixed the issue.

Thank you.

KamGoch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by KamGoch on Oct 15, 17 4:18 AM
I am on level 95 and just like others have mentioned, it says there is one gray tile left, but there isn't. Very frustrating.

Level 51

[Post New]by equi_1 on Oct 15, 17 5:55 AM
crip1108 wrote:When board is cleared it still says 1 stone block left. (PC).Have tried 3 times and still says same thing.

I have exactly the same problem. (OSX)

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Oct 16, 17 4:04 AM
Any one else with this problem? Items to buy #18, 19 and 20 remain locked
throughout the game. No access to them. Uninstalled, reinstalled with
new player. Still won't unlock. I am able to finish the game but without
those items.

Level 51

[Post New]by George60 on Oct 16, 17 11:30 AM
crip1108 wrote:When board is cleared it still says 1 stone block left. (PC).Have tried 3 times and still says same thing.

[Post New]by George60 on Oct 16, 17 11:33 AM
I have same problem with level 61. Have you fix it yet???

lostboy516
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lostboy516 on Oct 18, 17 1:01 PM
I'm not sure how many times I'm willing to play level 67... Just tried again, beat it, and still have the imaginary tile left.

This is MacOS, so all this admin mode and video card stuff doesn't really apply.

Go to: