Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 9, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 5:23:56 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween here.

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Oct 9, 17 5:21 AM
This is a fun Match - 3 game. I don't play a lot of them, but this is by far the most enjoyable that I've played.

There are limited and unlimited moves and a timed option, which is great because I don't like to be timed nor do I like only a limited amount of moves.

You use the coins collected on each level to purchase Halloween decorations for a spooky mansion.

I have no idea how many levels there are, but I'm on 52 and see no end in sight.

The power-ups are very useful and once you've earned them all, they're all available on each level, unlike some other games I've played.

All in all, I'm glad I purchased this and would urge you to give it a try.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 9, 17 5:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 9, 17 7:28 AM
Secrets of Magic has returned just in time for Halloween, and this time you get to choose how you want to play the Match 3. Not only can you choose to play in a Relaxed, unlimited moves or time mode, you can choose between a Limited Moves or Limited Time mode. Then you get to choose the difficulty within the Limited Moves or Limited Time mode, with either Casual or Expert difficulty, which give you either more or less power-ups, and more or less obstacles! I love having options, and I found that you can even switch between the modes mid-game without losing your progress! There is a meter on the left side that will even tell you the stats of progress when you hover the cursor over it.

You need to make the required amounts of matches of each token type, as shown at the top, for each level. Most levels have a Key you must drop off of the board, that will unlock the hidden part of the Match 3 board. I found it easier to meet the goal requirements by going after the key as soon as possible. Large matches will give you a power-up on the board, Potions will destroy tokens in an X formation, Dark Pumpkins destroy all tokens surrounding it, and directional firecrackers destroy tokens in either a row or column. You can include them in a match, swipe them to an adjacent tile, or double click to detonate them. Dropping Chests off of the board is worth 2000 points.

As you progress, you unlock Power-ups to use at any given time such as the Magic Wand to destroy a token of your choice, the Hammer destroys one obstacle, and the Whirlwind shuffles the tiles, the fourth power-up wasn't available in the demo or I haven't progressed enough to earn it.

There are several obstacles, the power-ups are originally encased inside a clay square that you'll need to make matches next to first to break the clay, then drop the encased item off of the board. There are also Crates, and Stone barriers that require one or two matches next to them to break, tiles inside chains require matches of whichever tile is chained, to release them.

I hated the fact that the "loading" page took forever in between levels, but I liked the fact that I could continue making matches, not having to wait for all tiles to finish dropping etc. You get to purchase Halloween items to decorate the Magic School Entrance, and each item gives you 3 different option styles. The best part about this game is that you can customize the type of Match 3 game you like. Enjoy!

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Oct 10, 17 3:55 PM
penmom,

"I hated the fact that the "loading" page took forever in between levels, but I liked the fact that I could continue making matches, not having to wait for all tiles to finish dropping etc."

I agree with this part of your review except I would change 'loading page' to 'loading pages'. It takes almost 30 seconds between all levels (every time you make a 'choice') and with only 60 minutes for the demo it wastes a lot of time. We can't blame BF this time, I played this game at two other sites and it was the same. Frustrating for me mainly because I have very little patience. Otherwise a good game.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 10, 17 6:35 PM
@gertie23

So true, we all have the need for speed nowadays, the loading pages are kinda like dealing with dial-up internet speeds lol

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Oct 11, 17 10:40 AM
D'you know what fishies? I'm actually finding this a little bit boring
The graphics are great and decorating the house is fun, but I just can't get excited with the gameplay
Although I have game credits and was planning to use one on this I don't think I'll bother....As mentioned before the loading is annoying, but it's more than that, if I really like a game I don't mind that so much, it just doesn't seem to have the same buzz as others I could (but daren't!) mention
Go ahead and demo it, you may love it, but it's not for me

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 14, 17 1:08 PM
Have been waiting for my FAVORITE, H0 Halloween game, with the two kids, Mike and sorry brain fart ( girl ), will come out when I don't have a coupon...wawaaa!

But I do love a M3 also, so was very happy with this fun and colorful, Halloween game!
This 3rd one is the best one, IMHO, there are plenty of options, so you can play this game, just the way you like it...YAY!!
The power-ups are so cool and fun to use and can really help to drop off, what is needed, on the bottom of the board.
AND...I do love to decorate for Halloween, in this part you get to pick between 3 different objects, like 3 different grave stones, pumpkins etc.
I LOVE color in a M3 and this has some really pretty colors, bold lime and pinks, it is just the perfect M3 Halloween game, for me !!
I am happy that I used a coupon on this fun little creep fest, wanted to save it for my favorite Halloween one, but it would have been expired.
Having said that, it is worth a coupon if you are a M3 fan like me, enjoying every minute !!

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Oct 17, 17 5:54 PM
Nice game. Good colours and I like the various options: Times vs Move and then a difficulty option as well. Music is innocous and not irritating, but the big problem is that it is slow. Forget that in between each level you have to see "Game Loading", the game itself is just slow going. If that is not a problem, nice treat.

Pandashie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Pandashie on Oct 19, 17 9:38 PM
Relaxed mode should mean just that- which, in a Match-3 is untimed with unlimited moves. There is nothing relaxing about being rushed or plotting strategy! This would be a cute little game had the developers actually offered a REALLY relaxed mode. I personally prefer a zen experience in this kind of game. If I want stress, I play HOAs.

Go to: