Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,771 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire Italian Trip here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 9, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 5:32:55 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,205 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire Italian Trip here.

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 9, 17 4:59 AM
Shady Raccoon is the dev of this "one higher or one lower" solitaire game.

Options include widescreen and custom/system cursor.

There are 2 face cards to choose from and 4 back cards.

The quick tutorial says, among others: "Click cards of the same rank regardless of their suit," which would make it not a "one higher or one lower" game, which this is.

The cards themselves: too small with too many patterns on the face cards for my liking.

The game itself: once you have found all the cards with bow ties, the game finishes, and you can't continue to try and get a perfect. A no-no for me.

Because of the above, I won't buy this game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 9, 17 5:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Solitaire Italian Trip here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Solitaire Italian Trip.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 9, 17 5:41 AM
To quote Leonardo Da Vinci, "La semplicità è l'ultima sofisticazione," Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. I found this Italian themed Solitaire game to be simple, yet somewhat sophisticated, with beautiful graphics and pleasant music. This is a Higher/Lower type solitaire game, despite the tutorial page description that tells you to remove cards of the same rank. That same tutorial page says that you will collect coins and hats, but the special cards have ribbons on them not hats, which leads me to believe that this dev has at least one other Solitaire game available and they didn't bother to change the tutorial accordingly, but I could be wrong!

There are 12 Packs available that require you to earn specific amounts of stars to unlock the next pack. Each Pack has 10 levels, and you can earn 12 different Trophies. There are 4 Italian Themed cards to choose from, and 2 face cards, one with a small font, one with a very large font.

There is a Star Meter at the top of the screen, and it took me a long time to figure out how the star meter worked as far as scoring goes. Basically it boils down to the combo index amount. Each card you remove is worth 10 points, when you reach a certain amount of points, you receive a star, but that also depends on the index which rises when you make combos. The game is over when you remove all special Ribbon cards, even if other cards remain. So it is possible to win the level, but not earn all 3 stars. The good news is that you can replay the level as often as you want.
You can buy items in the shop with the points you earn, that give you wild cards, shuffle and undo features, reveal a percentage of face down cards or tell you how many cards remain in the deck.

I love Solitaire games, although I don't really like the kind that ends the game once all special cards remain. I prefer to have to remove all of the cards, but this really is a beautiful and relaxing game, enjoy!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 9, 17 8:09 PM
Can't devs find a solitaire game other than this type? No matter how they fancy it up, it's still the same old boring game. How about a little "Klondike" or pyramid or even a choice.

[Post New]by Batgirl10_7 on Oct 11, 17 10:19 PM
There are a few things that make me not recommend this game - A couple of reasons are exactly what Valdy mentions - too busy artwork on the cards and only two choices for the face, and the tutorial (though brief the way I like it on one screen at once) had misinformation. It is simply a copy and paste job from another of their games except a different type other than high/low. lazy.

I did end up purchasing the game. I was able to get 3 stars in every round by forgoing the last ribbon card and played on until I had enough for 3 stars and then played the last ribbon card. Some rounds took a few tries but fairly easy to do .. UNTIL ...

I just got to level 34 and there is no way, impossible, no matter what you do, to pass this level with 3 stars. You need to get 3 ribbons for this round and because all three ribbons are fairly close to the top of each row, there s no way to get enough cards before getting the third ribbon and the game automatically ends with 2 stars. Even if you are able to play all the cards in two of the 3 rows, the third ribbon must be played and is blocking the remaining cards. For this reason, because you need a certain amount of stars to advance, I am leery of recommending paying for the game.

Go to: