Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Defense of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 10, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 9:10:28 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Defense of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 10, 17 6:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 9:10:37 AM PST

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Defence of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Oct 10, 17 8:06 AM
Access violation, Windows 10, can't even get into the game. Installed then uninstalled, then reinstalled, same issue.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 10, 17 9:13 AM
Hi Trixietrx,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear that an access violation error message appears when trying to get into this game. To help resolve this issue, it is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Access Violation

If you continue to see this error message, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Oct 11, 17 11:39 AM
I have a similar problem. I played the demo then bought the game. Either game does not down load or is inaccessible to Big Fish app on my computer. ??? In any case I can not play the game I just bought. Also uninstalled, restarted my computer, downloaded again. No luck!

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 11:41:23 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 13, 17 3:49 AM
I did not get to so much as run the game one time before seeing the expired demo hour message. Is this game old? Been released before? If not, then this is my tech problem.

getting a error ,when trying to play my game. windoes 10

[Post New]by ajmcmull on Oct 13, 17 8:48 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the opergwindows 12ettingating system you are using.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 13, 17 4:57 PM
Hello LanaPook and Yaelle,

I'm really sorry the game hasn't been playable and am here to help fix that.

LanaPook: Since it sounds like the game isn't downloading properly, let's try adjusting the network settings in the Big Fish Games app and downloading it again using the Alternate Method. The help page below will walk you through the process.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Yaelle: It sounds like the game wasn't played at all and yet the trial version expired. I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version of the game. The following help article contains those instructions:

Uninstall & Reinstall (Computer)

Should these suggestions not resolve the matters, please contact our Technical Support Team. Thank you for your patience and understanding. My fellow moderators and I will happily answer any remaining questions, so don't hesitate to PM us if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by TinyBob on Oct 17, 17 7:42 AM
I can't get past level 6. I win the level, then it just sits there. I wait for it to have the win box, but nothing. tried it a few times and it just sits there, on the game screen.

[Post New]by ktobias on Oct 27, 17 6:09 AM
I'm having the same problem as others where I can't even play the game. I get an Error Access Violation every time I open the Trail Version of the game. I have Windows 7 on my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times in both the Default and Alternate mode. I've tried installing this game on another computer and received the same error. I've read over the help articles numerous times and nothing has fixed the issue. I really wanted to try this game too as its the first strategy / defense game that's been released lately. Please let me know if you decide to install a patch for this game to fix this issue.

DrDavid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DrDavid on Nov 2, 17 11:46 AM
I tried to install and run the program on two laptops running WIN7 Pro and failed, as Defense of Egypt also failed on WIN7. However, running WIN10 v1607 (Anniversary update) and v1511 (November update) the program works fine (exactly the same hardware). If you are trying to install the game(s) on an OS older than WIN10, I suggest you may have issues of not playing.

[Post New]by NB64NB on Mar 20, 18 8:38 PM
I can't start the game on my Mac laptop. When I start, I hear the music, but I have a black screen and have not been able to exit or switch to a windowed version without hard powering-off.

I was playing Defense of Egypt with no problems, installed macOS10.13.3 and the same problem started.

[Post New]by tabitham on Mar 21, 18 6:04 AM
I have similar issues on my updated Mac. Bought the game but as soon as level 1 starts the games crashes. Did everything the troubleshooting guide says. But still a no go

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Mar 21, 18 3:08 PM
MacOS Running High Sierra 10.13.3. Game start up screen does not display properly and only black screen after that.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Mar 21, 18 5:06 PM
I have the same problem trying to start the game on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra. I get a scrambled logo (unreadable) and then just a black screen with music. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no improvement.

[Post New]by pjweimer on Mar 26, 18 3:10 PM
Playing this on my MAC OS Sierra version 10.12.6. I've tried every option to get it to work but on level 2 when I click on the first spot to place artillery it closes the game and I have an option to create the error report.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Apr 3, 18 11:50 AM
Is there any update on the issue many of us have experienced trying to play this game? (black screen, sound but no picture)?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 3, 18 5:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

If your game freezes, receives an access violation, or won't allow you to progress, please try the steps in these help articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Mac Game Troubleshooting

If the game won't download or activate, I'd recommend following the suggestions in the article below:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Email our Technical Support Team if Defense of Roman Britain still won't work. They'll be able to replace the game for you.

Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Apr 9, 18 5:59 AM
I have followed all of the Mac tips on your Mac Game Troubleshooting page, have ensured that my operating system (High Sierra), Shockwave, and Flash Player are all running the latest versions, and the game still will not display properly. I get sound but a black screen with a few flashing lights. Other members are reporting the same issue(s).

Why is this game offered for Mac if it won't run on a Mac? I haven't bought it yet - just trying to run the trial - so I don't need a replacement game, thank you. I just would like to have a game that works on my system! I don't understand why these games are offered for sale at all if they haven't been thoroughly tested on the kinds of systems that are likely to be used.

Go to: