Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Defense of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 10, 17 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 9:10:08 AM PST

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Defence of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Oct 10, 17 3:33 AM
I am sorry but the translations (I'm not sure what language it was originally made in) are so dreadful I didn't play more than about 5 minutes.

Graphics : decent
Music: had to be switched off
Language: terrible

looks like a basic tower defense game, nothing amazing I'm afraid.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Defense of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 10, 17 6:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Defense of Roman Britain here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Defense of Roman Britain.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 9:10:17 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Defence of Roman Britain here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 10, 17 8:28 AM
@AriadneSP

I completely agree, the music was so loud and intense, the language translation is poor, the features are slow to respond and clunky, and I didn't see a need to zoom in and out of the scene.

I also would add that the weapons to buy tell you nothing about them until after you purchase them, I'd prefer to know what a weapon is called, and what it does, so I can make an informed decision about which weapon should be placed in which tower.

I had to play in windowed mode because the icons were partially cut off on the right side. Once I selected the windowed mode, I had to exit the game and restart it before the windowed mode would execute.

I've always been a fan of Tower Defense games, but this one has too much going on to make it appealing. I've never liked the feature of dragging gears to upgrade each feature. Sometimes simplicity is warranted, like simply reading a list of available upgrades for each weapon with percentage based coverage.

The graphics are decent, better than most TD games, but there's something about this game that just falls flat for me personally, which is a shame because TD games are unfortunately far and few between!.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Oct 10, 17 12:31 PM
The third of the Defense series --- Greece, Egypt, and now Roman Britain. The graphics improved. Historical references and language issues have not improved. Had to mute the sound again. Game play is about the same. Easy enough to figure out. But, the weapons weren't always available. Upgrades required the gears. Too expensive for the money earned during battle so no joy there either. They still have the tree-clicking feature that never worked in the other two games and still doesn't. The side goals are still unobtainable. For example, they want you to upgrade the Scorpio Ballista but then it's not among the selection. When it finally showed up, I completed the goals but it didn't register. Another game I won't be buying.

Katia123
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Katia123 on Oct 12, 17 1:05 PM
Please tell me how to get instructions. Yes, I realize they pop up when something new comes along. But I need to find a regular instruction thing. I have clicked and clicked and still not finding it.

cloudy999
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cloudy999 on Oct 20, 17 11:29 AM
I just can't get enough "DEFENSE" games! This took a little while to get into but now I must say, it's about the best I've played in a long time. I am not into "hidden object' games as stuff goes missing in my real life all the time. Like, "where did I put the keys?!" But these "DEFENSE" games - PLEASE MAKE MORE!!! Love Big Fish. Miss talking with you folks in Seattle. I have been a fan for over 17 years. I wish y'all were as "personal" as you use to be. I still have my magnet & plush Big Fish. Was there something I missed. Anyways, this is a GREAT GAME!! Have a perfect day!

cloudy999
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cloudy999 on Oct 20, 17 11:36 AM
lacard wrote:The third of the Defense series --- Greece, Egypt, and now Roman Britain. The graphics improved. Historical references and language issues have not improved. Had to mute the sound again. Game play is about the same. Easy enough to figure out. But, the weapons weren't always available. Upgrades required the gears. Too expensive for the money earned during battle so no joy there either. They still have the tree-clicking feature that never worked in the other two games and still doesn't. The side goals are still unobtainable. For example, they want you to upgrade the Scorpio Ballista but then it's not among the selection. When it finally showed up, I completed the goals but it didn't register. Another game I won't be buying.

Oh my goodness. I mean really. Using one's brain is a reality. Just takes a little work but seriously, I'm handicapped with MS and spend most of my time just playing games Big Fish offers and can't anyone find the volume? Seriously, if it's that difficult for you to turn down the volume on ANY Big Fish games, maybe y'all ought to take up a new hobby like playing golf.

Go to: