bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 4, 10 9:13 AM
Hey Fishies!

The Mac version of Mushroom Age is here! If you haven’t checked it out yet, try this game by clicking here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mushroom Age players.

if you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!



 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 4, 10 3:08 PM
I'm re-posting this here so it doesn't leave the first page:

The Mac version of this game is seriously flawed. So much so that you will be unable to continue past Chapter 16 of 25. The developer has been made aware of the issues, so the hope is they will release an updated version.

It seems apparent from another Zambezi post, that the BFG version has not been updated. Some of you have bought it before coming here to the game forum.

The problems are:
The sound/music will not turn off (minor)
Chapter 12 -- the pinball game has no red bumper balls -- just 2 yellow balls that hit each other and immediately complete the task. (Nothing like the PC version, although it should be)
Chapter 16 -- the scrambled picture blocks make a smaller picture in front of the background picture -- this is completely glitched. The real puzzle has no such picture in picture presentation. BUT, you can't get out of the puzzle or skip it, so, Game Over for you.

Please post your difficulties with the game so we can get the developer to fix them.

Thanks!

 

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by catgrin on May 5, 10 8:41 AM
Yep, bought it without coming here first - mainly because fatal glitches are so rare in the games I buy through BFG. I did send a request for a game credit, and a note suggesting that they remove it from the sale listing until they've gotten a repaired version that they've tested. (What's the point of making the flawed item available? It will only frustrate more users.)

Anyhow, thanks for the postings.- C@

 
avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by avsutton on May 5, 10 9:44 PM
I bought this from another site cuz I didn't know it was coming up on BFG. And yep, those are exactly the problems I ran into. I contacted their tech support, and all this has indeed been passed on to the developer, with email notifications to anyone who'd already bought it when the new build is available.

I dunno if their customer service is as good as BFG's, though. We'll see.

Edited on 05/07/2010 at 7:32:33 PM PST


 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 6, 10 2:48 PM
avsutton wrote:I bought this from [another site]* cuz I didn't know it was coming up on BFG. And yep, those are exactly the problems I ran into. I contacted their tech support, and all this has indeed been passed on to the developer, with email notifications to anyone who'd already bought it when the new build is available.

I dunno if their customer service is as good as BFG's, though. We'll see.


I bought this at a different site from you, and have received a credit to my charge card. I trust BFG will surely get the new build as well. I will probably buy it here since I was truly enjoying the game. I do hope you were not just being put of by the CS dept. at that other place.

* We are not supposed to mention competing sites -- usually a moderator will remove the post, so if you read this before your post vanishes, you might edit out the name as I did above.

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 2:49:13 PM PST


 
avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by avsutton on May 7, 10 7:34 PM
shorenuf wrote:
I bought this at a different site from you, and have received a credit to my charge card. I trust BFG will surely get the new build as well. I will probably buy it here since I was truly enjoying the game. I do hope you were not just being put of by the CS dept. at that other place.

* We are not supposed to mention competing sites -- usually a moderator will remove the post, so if you read this before your post vanishes, you might edit out the name as I did above.


Sorry, didn't know about the competing sites restriction - I've edited my previous post to conform!

I've had an email from them saying they've got the new build, so I wonder if perhaps the BigFish version may already be the newer build?

Anyway, I wish I'd known BFG was gonna offer this - I would have waited.


 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 7, 10 8:41 PM
avsutton wrote:

Sorry, didn't know about the competing sites restriction - I've edited my previous post to conform!

I've had an email from them saying they've got the new build, so I wonder if perhaps the BigFish version may already be the newer build?

Anyway, I wish I'd known BFG was gonna offer this - I would have waited.
The game BFG put up last Tuesday was most definitely not the newer build. Usually BFG will start a new thread for a new build availability. I don't see one up yet. But there is no reason to believe it won't happen here soon. Thanks for the information -- I take this as very good news!!

There are a few more of us who originally bought it elsewhere, not thinking it would come here. I got a credit to my CC. I'm going to wait now and get it here.

Thanks for editing your other post -- the stricter rules are a recent update.

 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 8, 10 7:10 AM
Apparent good news about Mushroom Age. A poster on the Mush. Age forum has received an e mail from the site where it was purchased saying they have the new build. As of this posting, no new build has been released at BFG, but I see no reason to think that won't happen.

It is real! I found it, downloaded it, and the creation date is 24 hours ago (May 7)!!!

I have sent a request to the moderator of this All Games Forum to let us know before the sale is over if / when we will be seeing the new build. (If it is coming, but not here by end of sale, you can buy it at the sale price, and then wait to download the new version.)

The final count is 25 fatal errors at chapter 16-5, as of 5:15 pm today. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. Perhaps from now on, our complaints will not be dismissed out of hand as "a problem with your Mac."

Viva Mac!!

The count is now up to 27. I'm adding this response here to avsutton so that post is still visible instead of my name yet again . . .

Well, that's depressing. Thanks for trying it out and hunting down info from another forum. I couldn't find a forum on the site that has the new build. How naive of me to think the new build was actually tested before they issued it.

Edited on 05/10/2010 at 7:17:00 AM PST


 
avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by avsutton on May 10, 10 2:45 AM
Hello again, fellow Mushies.

I've been trying out the new build, got to level 12, and found that the bumper game still isn't fixed. According to another forum, the so-called fix-build hasn't fixed anything, and they're waiting on yet another build.

Did anybody else try the first build and have more luck than I did?


 

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by MJRC09 on May 11, 10 11:47 AM
I just bought the Mac version of this game a few days ago, and the only problem I've had with mine is on the Socrates level, it won't let me put the letters in their correct spots... and like someone mentioned before, you can't exactly skip anything. Another issue I've noticed ( and I'm not sure if it's just the way the game is or not) but every time I go back to play, if I quit previously in the middle of a chapter, I have to redo the whole chapter again, just to get where I left off. I really hope they get this game fixed soon. I really like this game. I've bought plenty of games through the years from BFG, and this was the first real problem I ever ran into.

Edited on 05/11/2010 at 11:48:30 AM PST


 

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by MJRC09 on May 11, 10 12:21 PM
I just tried the new version... I'm still having the same issue I was before, where it won't let me put the letters in the correct place in Chapter 6.

 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 11, 10 12:30 PM
MJRC09 wrote:I just bought the Mac version of this game a few days ago, and the only problem I've had with mine is on the Socrates level, it won't let me put the letters in their correct spots... and like someone mentioned before, you can't exactly skip anything. Another issue I've noticed ( and I'm not sure if it's just the way the game is or not) but every time I go back to play, if I quit previously in the middle of a chapter, I have to redo the whole chapter again, just to get where I left off. I really hope they get this game fixed soon. I really like this game. I've bought plenty of games through the years from BFG, and this was the first real problem I ever ran into.


Having to complete a chapter before the progress in a chapter is saved, is apparently a feature of the game. I recall being annoyed trying to place the Socrates letters -- I think once I found the one that looked like a "K" I was able to place the other I had found. Don't be surprised if you find the puzzle in chapter 12 does not have red bumper balls as in the directions given. If you have only 2 yellow balls that hit each other and complete the task, that is another glitch. You have a long way to go until Chapter 16-5, when you probably -- oh heck, definitely will encounter the fatal flaw in the scrambled picture puzzle.

This is one cool game a lot of folks want fixed. BFG is on it! Keep hoping!

 
avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by avsutton on May 14, 10 2:16 AM
shorenuf wrote:


How naive of me to think the new build was actually tested before they issued it.[/color][/size]


Part of my job is to do testing - it's a little hard to believe, but sometimes we testers miss the obvious. We've got a May 28th deadline for something huge, and today - TODAY - I discovered purely by accident that if you do actions X, Y, the Z, then close out the item you're testing and bring up another new item, do A, B, and C, then close this one out.... and wonder of wonders, the whole display reverts itself all on its own to the image it had at the end of XYZ.

That wasn't planned to be part of the testing, because... who knew?

Yeah, we also once tested out a small piece, passed it, and installed it. Only to discover a week later that all we'd done was reinstalled the original piece all on top of itself.

I work for a government subcontractor, and we have a whole other unit that does exactly what we do (I won't go into why because it's too boring and stupid and if you're an American taxpayer, it would set your hair on fire). We learned a few months back that their idea of testing is to install the new pieces on the live system without testing them at all. Then they wait for the complaints before they fix anything.

I've learned that when it comes to software, I'm satisfied if I get good customer service (which we do here at BFG). At least then I know there's somebody I can express my concerns to who won't laugh at me!

 

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by wilfulfilly on May 15, 10 5:02 PM
I have had the same problems and hope that they get it fixed soon. I also enjoy the game.

 

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by MerryWillingham on May 18, 10 9:23 AM
Got an updated version of Mushroom Age on another site, Game now stuck in Chapter 18-1

 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Mac version for Mushroom Age now available!

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 19, 10 8:14 PM
MerryWillingham wrote:Got an updated version of Mushroom Age on another site, Game now stuck in Chapter 18-1


I have now played the new BFG download through all of Chapter 18 without any issues. Looks like that other site has some catching up to do with the developer!

 
 
 
 
Go to: