Tournaments... gotta be kidding

[Post New]by Hilltown5string on Oct 10, 17 11:43 AM
Sometimes I just have to laugh, the ones with the turgs, gremlins and skeletons...

Never fails as soon as I accept to join... they all just seem to vanish, never have a chance to compete.

That's just not right.

JulietxJules
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

Tournaments... gotta be kidding

[Post New]by JulietxJules on Oct 10, 17 11:49 AM
Hilltown5string wrote:Sometimes I just have to laugh, the ones with the turgs, gremlins and skeletons...

Never fails as soon as I accept to join... they all just seem to vanish, never have a chance to compete.

That's just not right.

Tournaments are highly questionable, unhealthy, and totally unfair. I do not partake in them anymore for those reasons.

But hey! I'm sure some people love it.

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 11:50:24 AM PST

Re:Tournaments... gotta be kidding

[Post New]by Hilltown5string on Oct 10, 17 1:19 PM
Ha, tournament is over.... guess who showed up..

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on Oct 28, 17 8:16 PM
Plus, once you get to over Level 50 you are competing against players whose Levels are sometimes over 500 to 600 and they can often manage to drive away hundreds of the "boney" things.

[Post New]by Hilltown5string on Oct 30, 17 8:32 AM
I'm always amazed that one can acquire hundreds of gremlins in a 24 hr period.... when in the normal course of the game, getting one or two in a week is an accomplishment in itself.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Nov 2, 17 10:50 AM
Hi HillTown
I hear ya. For the ogres yesterday, I really had to work at driving alotta other enemies away so that more Ogres would show up. Took all day. And I agree - how do players get over 100 or 200 enemies and make the top 3......Some people have all the luck (or happy glitches?)
But I keep trying
HillTown - do you play as D5string?

Wishing you and All - best of luck in the tourneys

datsalotta

[Post New]by Hilltown5string on Nov 5, 17 10:54 AM
Hi datsalotta,

yes, that's me ... D5string.

as in 5 string banjo.

Edited on 11/05/2017 at 10:55:59 AM PST

dfields
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dfields on Nov 11, 17 9:23 AM
Datsalotta and 5String, some players participate in tournaments maybe 10 days out of 30. They spend the rest of the time collecting the resources to play. I.E. I will spend an entire month playing the mapping game. At the end of the month I could have as many as 150-200 chest, also while doing this I have gathered tons of other resources. I also obtain 200% coin increase and play an entire well of energy at the Bazaar, this is important because you need coins to pay for the Shelter, Well, and the Hammerer(some players say the Hammerer is a waste, however this is where you get a lot of resources for the walkers.) FYI, the golden idol IS a waste of gems. I hope my insight has helped. HAPPY HUNTING. BTW my friend ID# is 199941.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Nov 30, 17 7:43 PM
Your strategy is interesting. I do much the same although I had to play for a while before I figured things out on my own. ie mapping - have accumulated hundreds of chests like you. The Bazaar - this is a good tip - as you say an entire level of energy, that's awesome. Will give it a try. Thank you.

Sent you an invite and will send you a gift(s)

Wishing you lots of luck in Wanderland

datsalotta

PS: You can also find me in Midnight Castle - been there since Dec 2014!!!

dfields
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dfields on Dec 1, 17 3:38 AM
@ datsalotta, the best time to optimize your coin intake at the Bazaar is when the CUP (Dragon Cup this week for me @ 25%) is at a pct. increase. By using the 200% potion I will gain over 700 coins per turn. An entire energy well will net me approx. 157,000+ coins. Plus all the resources from the Bazaar will give ammo to defeat the mummy walkers which in turn get you luck, time, coin potions. This strategy gets me a million coins in less than a week, I spend those and start all over again. However I'm becoming bored with this game ( started this game to help with memory). Wish they made more games like SAFECRAKER and the ROOM. Hope all the hype about the Xmas scene lives up to all the hype. (Any tips on what to gather)

Thank you for the friend invite. Happy hunting.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 1, 17 7:49 AM
dfields wrote:However I'm becoming bored with this game ( started this game to help with memory). Wish they made more games like SAFECRAKER and the ROOM.

X2

craftysherry
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by craftysherry on Dec 3, 17 12:41 PM
Great advice dfields ! I've also been doing some of the same things you described. I love the 200% potion for building my coin and the Bazzar is the perfect place to use it. Although I never thought to use it at the same time the dragon cup is in play as well, so a great tip tyvm ! I also like activating it in combination with the tourney for finding an object, assuming I'm active in that tourney For those who have a fair amount of coin, I have found the Hammerer is still quite helpful, especially for the items that require rubies. It has helped me build resources prior to fighting the various armies in the tourneys. Happy Wandering !

Go to: