Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

California Fire

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Oct 10, 17 1:49 PM
I'm so lucky (in real life, not in the castle)! The fires approached but did not enter my town. For a while it was pretty scary because they were coming from more than one direction. All around us people who weren't even in the fire zones were without power or cell phone service, but we were spared even that. I'm so thankful for myself, but so sorrowful for all the people who lost homes, schools, and businesses.

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

Re:California Fire

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Oct 10, 17 1:54 PM
Good for you and many others. I feel really bad for the critters.
magrat

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 10, 17 1:56 PM
Thank goodness. Keeping California in my thoughts and prayers.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 10, 17 3:19 PM
Hello Everyone,

The Moderation Team's thoughts are also with those in California whose communities have been impacted by the wildfires. Thank you, Pazlovejoy, for beginning a thread where people can come and express their hopes for the safety of those in California.

bfgBeruna

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 10, 17 3:24 PM
This is just heartbreaking. Such lovely winecountry, woods, beautiful old Victorian homes, charming towns filled with family businesses, & irreplaceable, exquisite vineyards. I have so many good memories from this area.
Stay safe, everyone. Help the animals escape. Bless & keep all the firefighters, especially.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Oct 10, 17 3:29 PM
I am about 25 to 30 miles away, but watched all day on TV yesterday....have a close friend who lives in Anaheim, except for a lot of smoke she was spared as well. I just felt so bad for the deer I saw running down the side of the 91 freeway. I hope the wild life found refuge...glad also there were places people could take their horses. Some beautiful homes were lost and glad you were safe too Pazlovejoy...

Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Oct 10, 17 3:54 PM
Katijay, I'm in Northern California. Unfortunately for our beautiful state, thousands of acres, both north and south are burning at the same time.

Magrat: There is a wild animal park here in Sonoma County that evacuated the staff and some of the birds and reptiles when the fire was bearing down on them, but the large animals (including at least one rhino) were left at the park overnight. Wonder of wonders, when the staff was able to access the park, they found the fire had gone around the park and the animals were safe. Amid all of the horrors, there are numerous stories of people and animals saved by luck or by the actions of neighbors.

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Oct 10, 17 4:57 PM
I live in California’s Easy Bay and have cousins living in the North Bay. My mom says they don’t live where the fire danger is but I can’t help wonder about them since I know what city they live in and that it isn’t that far from one of the fires. I have been watching the news as often as possible and wonder what started this fire storm and when will it end.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Oct 10, 17 7:33 PM
I live in Paradise and we were evacuated for about 4 hours yesterday. Woke up this morning with thick layer of ash everywhere, but it's nothing like what is going on in Anaheim and the Santa Rosa/Napa area. Those pictures are heart wrenching.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Oct 10, 17 8:46 PM
Pavlovejov...it is a shame that we have so many fires going on right now...stay safe.

kdreetz...Stay safe glad you are back in your house. Will just pray the winds stay down and the ocean humidity comes in....the last I heard Southern California is now 25% contained...lets hope they continue to make progress.

We have just had so much devastation across the US and I send my prayers out to all who have had weather or fire problems...

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 10, 17 9:59 PM
This is so devastating! I saw on the news, it looks like a bomb hit.. Entire neighborhoods just.. gone.
I am not near there, but am so sad for the people there.
It just seems like it's one thing after another.
Hope all are safe

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Oct 10, 17 11:50 PM
To all who live near fires..... Grateful you are ok.

I live close enough to Anaheim and air was smokey with ash falling .

Prayers for all in N. CA, and Yuba city too.

Thank you all for your thoughts .

Crystal; P

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Oct 11, 17 1:20 AM
We came to Las Vegas from Simi Valley, CA and just knew that every October fires would spring up somewhere around us, or the San Fernando Valley, Anaheim or Pasadena areas or in and around Santa Barbara and the Santana (Santa Ana?) Winds would come in and make putting even the little ones out especially hard. My heart just completely goes out to the Santa Rosa/Napa Valley. They aren't used to the yearly fires. I check the news daily, my son lives just outside of Sacramento, but from what I can see, he is away from the fires.
So sad for those that lost their lives, homes and livelihoods. Mother Nature can be cruel indeed.

katiek

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Oct 11, 17 2:30 PM
I used to live near the Orange County fires and 2 of my friends live in Tustin, Ca which is one of the fire areas. Thank God my friends haven't had to evacuate or anything .

I am so sad that so many disasters have happened in our country this year . So many people have had horrible traumas this year. I pray for the people affected by the fires and hope that it will end soon.

Sending warm wishes and hugs to those who are suffering!!

Sue (Suenamie)

Go to: