CAVEGRL
Salmon
Salmon
2,741 Posts

How many items

[Post New]by CAVEGRL on Oct 10, 17 3:15 PM
I just started this game and I can't figure out how many of the 'items' I'm supposed to be getting before the quota if fulfilled. My gauge seems to fill up and then go empty again. What am I missing?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:How many items

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 11, 17 6:34 AM
It's been a long time since I played so I guess I'll cover what I remember in terms of the level goals since I'm not sure which one(s) you're asking about.

-clear all tiles: break all the covered tiles (some are double match ones so must be matched until they are no longer covered)

-collect treasure chests: collect the filled treasure chests (you can use the empty ones to make matches with them) until the meter on the side is depleted

-match "characters" (pirates, prisoners, other storyline characters, cannons, waves, boats, etc.): you have to make enough matches of the requisite item until the meter on the side is depleted. If being asked to match pirates, it's the red bandana wearing pirates it wants. The other "pirates" are your ship crew, who recharge your army powerup through matches.

-collect "story tile": make a match including the glowing single tile to get it. Story tiles can't be gotten through powerup use.

This is an old game and was an awesome M3 for its time, however, being "old school" it's timed only and for a few years was the hardest M3 I'd ever completed...hope that won't bother you. Feel free to post back if you have any more questions and hope that helped!

CAVEGRL
Salmon
Salmon
2,741 Posts

[Post New]by CAVEGRL on Oct 14, 17 6:01 AM
SynthpopAddict,
Thanks for responding. Just for example: I just got to level 29 and it said to match pirates. (I do know what they look like ) But it never tells you how many you have to match! The gauge over on the left seems to fill up and then empty out again only to start filling again. How many times?
You're always so helpful and I appreciate the fact that it's hard to remember when it's been a long time since playing but any help would be appreciated. (Just so I know what I'm up against.)

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 14, 17 6:09 AM
Hi again and you're welcome. If the only goal on the level is to match the pirates you should only have to match them until the gauge empties out one time. The game says something like "complete" on the left when you've accomplished a goal. If it's refilling on you the game is messed up on your system...could be some kind of incompatibility issue because it's such an old game. It won't ever tell you how many of an item you have to match on any level; this varies as you go along.

If there are multiple "character" items to collect, each one of those has its own separate gauge but they should all only have to be depleted one time before they go to "complete".

Edited on 10/14/2017 at 6:11:34 AM PST

Go to: