Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire 330 Deluxe here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 11, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 6:53:12 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire 330 Deluxe here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 11, 17 6:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Solitaire 330 Deluxe here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Solitaire 330 Deluxe.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire 330 Deluxe here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 11, 17 8:40 AM
What would be better than 330 games of Solitaire? The answer is 1 Game of Solitaire that you actually have a chance of winning. I'd like to win at least one game an hour! Honestly, most of the Solitaire games available here are worthless variations that I have no desire to play. During the demo, I played most of the games in the Golf category, that were similar to Tri-Peaks Solitaire. I played a few different types and didn't win any of them so I finally settled for playing Golf of Egypt, for the remainder of the demo, and didn't win a single game, nada, zilch, 0 with a capital Z!

This game is by Magnussoft, the creators of Magic Cards Solitaire, Magic Cards Solitaire 2: The Fountain of Life, and Solitaire 220 Plus. If you have played the original Magic Cards Solitaire game, you will recognize the same exact music plus one. Because there are only 2 tracks of music that I noticed, (perhaps different in other categories?) it does become quite monotonous. You can choose from 8 card themes as a matching set, if you choose a particular face card, the back of the card comes with that selection. There are a whopping 49 Background colors to choose from, and I will admit that most of them have vibrant colors and beautiful graphic designs. My only question is, why stop at 49, bump it to 50, you're driving me crazy here!

There are several categories of Solitaire, Arizona, Bakers Dozen, Canfield, Carlton, Fan, Forty Thieves, Four Seasons, Freecell, Gypsy, Golf, Klondike, Pairs, Sir Tommy, Spider, Yukon, and Others. Within each of those categories, are approximately 20 subcategories or variations of that particular type of Solitaire. Obviously some have more than others.

There is one feature that drove me bonkers, if your mouse hovers over any card on the board, a transparent bar appears at the top of the screen, telling you how many card remain. Likewise, if your mouse hovers over the foundation deck, the same transparent bar appears to tell you how many deck cards remain. (not enough I assure you) At first I thought it was a cool feature, but then it just became annoying.

You can save any game at any point so you won't lose your progress if you want to try another type of game, and there is a Statistics Page that keeps track of your progress. (my stats didn't look so hot)

For me personally, this is a whole lot of nothing, many of the games offered come stock with most computers anyway. Perhaps if I had won more games, I'd feel differently, but I'm just not digging this particular game, however, I do love playing the first Magic Cards Solitaire game.

Go to: