Newest update to game

Newest update to game

[Post New]by Rangeo on Oct 11, 17 9:12 PM
So the game just updated. Was hoping for a new level. Instead it was obvious that we get less rewards for playing game as usual. Instead of 45 coins on level 2 after refill u get 15. And a change in how much u get for exchanges every 24 hours is reduced immensely. This is unforgivable. I have spent more money that I would like to admit. On this game. And they do this. I'm done. I hope the rest of you feel the same.

maxbridge
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Newest update to game - Tourney & birthday suit

[Post New]by maxbridge on Oct 12, 17 12:47 AM
EDITED::

Since I first wrote this - as below - with my next update (which was about 20 hours later than yours) - the same thing happened!! The shop is available more often for now (not sure how long that will last) - but with a lot less coins, also I am definitely down to 15 from the mine..
Disappointing.. and frustrating..
It really is an awesome game but these changes are getting meaner and meaner... I can't understand why they are being implemented as they certainly aren't encouraging me to stay!

Edited on 10/13/2017 at 9:56:21 PM PST

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Newest update to game

[Post New]by FlaFig on Oct 12, 17 12:37 PM
Rangeo wrote:So the game just updated. Was hoping for a new level. Instead it was obvious that we get less rewards for playing game as usual. Instead of 45 coins on level 2 after refill u get 15. And a change in how much u get for exchanges every 24 hours is reduced immensely. This is unforgivable. I have spent more money that I would like to admit. On this game. And they do this. I'm done. I hope the rest of you feel the same.

I got the same update - 9 coins for over 100 purple fireflies - no thanks.And 15 coins from the recharged mine?!? nope. I'm gonna give it 24 hours and see if it gets "fixed" or I too will be done. I will never admit to how much I have spent on this game

Good Luck

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,498 Posts

Re:Newest update to game

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 12, 17 3:26 PM
Same for me regarding the firefly sale: 8 to 15 gold for close to 200 pieces! 35 coins daily, instead of 100! It's so hard to get coins in this game, that the rewards should be increased, not lowered further!!!

Unfortunately I didn't notice how much the mine gave me.

I agree that the new event gives higher intermediate rewards (3 + 3 boosts, instead of 25 + 50 coins), and it was easy enough, already reached level 9, whereas the previous few were too hard to pass without extra boosts and I didn't manage to finish them.

The update says there are new levels, but there are none. Unless they meant new, lower levels of rewards!

Edited on 10/12/2017 at 3:28:11 PM PST

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,498 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 12, 17 3:31 PM
Just saw the update announcement above and it says there will be a Halloween event. I noticed some square confetti-like things but didn't know what they were. A Halloween event will be cool!

maxbridge
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Newest update to game - EDIT to my above entry

[Post New]by maxbridge on Oct 12, 17 3:46 PM
You are so right!! Mine has changed now as well, maximum 15 from the mine this morning and hardly anything from the shop.
For some reason that update didn't show as early as yours last night, but it's certainly there now...
Disappointing..

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,469 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 12, 17 4:27 PM
I was concerned I would not be able to finish the birthday tower if I updated.... I didn't understand how we could have a birthday AND a Halloween event at the same time... so, I finished the B.D. towers and the monster arenas in all 4 games because I was afraid the Halloween update would occur on it's own and I was not sure how all of it was going to play out....

This was NOT want I wanted to do since the BD tournament was suppose to last over 3 more days, I wanted to take my time finishing the tournament in those games so I could use the unlimited lives to my advantage... now their wasted over fear I would lose everything regarding the BD....

I have not downloaded the Halloween update.... I'm already grumpy and reading this thread, the update would not put me in a better mood....

They took away our firefly flats... they took away our pick our own boxes... seems like they want to force us to do the 3rd level... EXCEPT, many times, doing the 3rd level means using bonuses and you have to BUY bonuses so you end up LOSING money doing random 3rd levels instead of making money.... okay... I lose money, I shouldn't presume everyone else does too....

I just thought it was taking me forever to advance... I plan on still playing the arena... I have more fun doing that than anything else anyway.....

bfgBeruna
1,481 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 12, 17 5:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the latest update. I wanted to swim by and offer a little more information.

I want to apologize for any confusion I caused when I posted an announcement about the latest update for PC players. The update contained the content for the Halloween Event, but the actual event has not yet gone live. I've corrected the announcement and have included a link to it below:

UPDATE! New version available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (PC) - October 12, 2017

I also appreciate your feedback regarding the recent changes made to the game and will certainly pass them along to the teams behind Sir Match-a-Lot.

As always, please PM me or one of the other active Moderators if any questions remain. We'll be happy to provide help in whatever way we can.

bfgBeruna

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Oct 12, 17 6:15 PM
I agree with gohill, and the rest of you, this sounds like very bad news indeed!

Coins are the biggest problem in this game, and provision of them to us should be INCREASED – not decreased. Unlike gohill, I DO complete all third levels, and have done so in all Worlds, but yes it is expensive to do that, and gohill you are not alone in losing money – I think everyone will do that. As an example, the last World, Dark Dungeon, cost me around 16,000 coins. It took the 10,000 coins and any rewards I earned for completing all levels, plus about 6,000 out of my “savings”. This has been consistent for the last few Worlds.

After all levels are completed, there is no way for me to get more coins, except from the Arena (paltry rewards), the Mine, and selling in the Shop. I was getting approximately 150 a day - about 100 from the shop, and 45 from the mine (sometimes 90, if I got in more than once). At that rate, you can see that it is a long slog to even get back to where I was. If the shop is now reduced to 35, and 15 from the mine, it will be well nigh impossible to proceed at 50 a day, as it would take me 4 months just to recoup what I lost on the previous world each time.

In contrast, some of my Worlds have half a million fireflies, increasing by 1,000 a day where I have 3 max firefly farms of the same colour, yet it only allows me to sell about 100 a day for 30 coins. This makes no sense at all. Even with shipping, they are accumulating far faster than I can use them, so why can’t I sell more for more money?

I have not completed level 10 of the Birthday Event, as I am saving that for the weekend when I will have more time. Neither have I done the new update, and from what I read here, I will hold off as long as possible.

Surely they should want people to enjoy the game, not face an impossible struggle. I see players frustrated by being stuck on levels which are too difficult and the only way past is to spend lots of coins, yet they are reducing the coins available. Even those of us who have been fairly successful are struggling, and I can see many players leaving before long if this continues. That would be a big shame, as it is a great game in many ways - but the fun is dwindling. Instead of wasting time producing a useless map, the developers should be concentrating on correcting the fundamental flaws which are presently inherent.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,232 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 12, 17 8:56 PM
Well said!

I haven't done the update yet but reducing the ways to get some gold - and that was already not much gold - so drastically is surely not a good idea...

maxbridge
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Oct 12, 17 9:45 PM
Wow Kuddles3 - what an absolutely spot on comment - couldn't agree more..
It was enjoyable and manageable (and by that I mean realistically achievable with just a nice level of challenge) the way it was - why change it..
I too can see many loyal followers departing if this downward trend continues and this isn't changed back. I just can't be bothered fighting my way through it - games should be fun and there are many more good ones out there..

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Oct 13, 17 12:38 AM
I better wait to update until i read that the Halloween event is live. So i can still take the same profits from the mine and shop. I never do updates automatically so i update whenever i want. Thanks for the warnings.

odle5
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Newest update to game

[Post New]by odle5 on Oct 13, 17 8:39 AM
Rangeo wrote:So the game just updated. Was hoping for a new level. Instead it was obvious that we get less rewards for playing game as usual. Instead of 45 coins on level 2 after refill u get 15. And a change in how much u get for exchanges every 24 hours is reduced immensely. This is unforgivable. I have spent more money that I would like to admit. On this game. And they do this. I'm done. I hope the rest of you feel the same.

Got the same thing. 15 coins from the mine! 5 whole coins for 154 purples in the exchange. It is like they want all of us to quit playing. They keep taking and taking so that people will spend money to get the coins to keep playing. They keep taking and don't give us anything excepts the game. So we must face the decision to quit or to keep playing the game. If we keep playing BFG wins and keeps getting money. If we quit, we keep our blood pressure from going up and we win! I am with you. The less we play, the more we keep our health. It is not worth it to get upset because once they get away with reducing the amount of coins we get from the mine, the more we hate them all.

The coins in the mine used to add up to 75. Now it is 15 after 24 hours. Talk about cheating the players! We used to have a house to collect items like the hammer and such for free (was on same level as the mine...level 2) and now the house is gone because we were getting things they wanted us to pay for. Notice that we get less and less coins to defeat the enemies in daily challenge? Well, it used to be a lot of coins. That is now down to 7 if you win. 7 coins and I had to use 150 to keep playing after the monster with 575 points defeats me? Oh, and if you didn't notice, the hero points went way down last year so it is easier to defeat him. 7 coins to win that game. I stopped playing them because it again, is a HUGE cheat from BFG. They get you to spend the coins so you have none to play the game so you buy more coins. No matter what, BFG wins. BFG likes to cheat the player out of as much money as possible. Their excuse? We get to play for free. I'd rather pay for the game once and be done with it. I didn't update my game for almost a year because I was gathering the higher amount of coins.

So, do we keep playing and be played as fools by the money hungry game owner? Or do we stop playing and just collect coins until we have 1 million? I will keep collecting the coins and do the exchanges and will not advance my game by even one level.

Newest update to game

[Post New]by Carmina_Burana on Oct 13, 17 10:47 AM

Same for me. How cheap you are! I hope that you'll correct this and bring back the rewards at the level they were before this last update!

Edited on 10/13/2017 at 10:47:36 AM PST

mekeogh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mekeogh on Oct 13, 17 10:51 AM
I play several 'free' to play games on BFG and this one is now the biggest disappointment. Besides all the things that have been listed that have been taken away or changed, we also would get 10 coins on some of the dupes. Now we only get 5 for all of them.
I've been playing for well over a year now and am still missing 4. I really don't care if I get them anymore.
This WAS one of the better games and it seems the developers are hell bent on ticking everyone off. If it's a good game I will definitely spend money to help support the developers. You tick me off and I just won't play anymore.

smile, they're contagious

frankie1402
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by frankie1402 on Oct 13, 17 10:52 AM
I'm getting the same results as Rangeo....went from 45 coins to 1 or 2 and I am on level 4...agree the game is hard enough without doing this...the opposite should be happening, getting frustrated with the arena also, don't seem to be able to kill the stone monster ...

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 13, 17 11:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

Recently, some adjustments were made to the amount of gold some areas of the game produces, and that decision was not made lightly. Free-to-play games are constantly changing. Sometimes, these changes are made in response to player feedback, and other times, they are made with the longevity of the game in mind.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the recent changes to the game. I just wanted to swim by real fast to let our players know that the Forum Moderation Team do our best to provide feedback received to the right teams so that they know what our players are experiencing and what they would like to see.

Don't hesitate to continue to respectfully provide constructive feedback, suggestions, or your concerns about the game either here, or directly to any of our active Moderators. We are happy to make sure that your feedback is put in front of the right people and to also listen and help out as best we can. If there is any further information provided regarding changes to the game, a moderator will be sure to provide an announcement in the forums.

Thank you for your time and for taking that time to provide us your suggestions to make this game as great of a gaming experience as it can be.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 10/13/2017 at 11:15:29 AM PST

anath_q
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by anath_q on Oct 13, 17 12:10 PM
This change to coins is likely the last nail in the coffin for me. Arguably, the amount we were able to collect before the coin mine/exchange nerf was meager...now it is trivial. I recognize the purpose is to boost coin purchases, but really, this goes too far. If the only way I can play is pay-to-win, then I'll neither play nor pay.

LynnNfld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Oct 13, 17 2:15 PM
I agree, the coins are hard to come by, and reducing the amount we can get takes alot of the fun out of the game. It won't make me buy more, I'll only play less. I hope this gets reversed, it was a nice way to get that little bit extra to press on through the difficult levels.

LMcCrary
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by LMcCrary on Oct 13, 17 11:02 PM
After reading these comments I won't be updating until they force me to. I was actually buying coins frequently to finish levels, but I've just stopped doing that. Sir Match a Lot gets no more money from me if they are going to be greedy and reduce the few prizes and coins they already give us. Sorry, but after more than a year of playing and enjoying this game immensely I will stop playing when they force the new update. Then I'll check back in the forum periodically to see if they lose enough players that they return our rewards.

Go to: