gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Clumsys

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 4, 10 6:34 PM
I think I've located about half of the kids so far, and I'm finding this game enjoyable. And it looks like it will have a good bit of replay value, what with all the hidden object scenes.

It does have its annoyances at times, like the propeller animations in some hidden object scenes. And it's inaccuracies, like polar bears and igloos at the south pole. But it still gets you thinking about what does and does not exist in different time frames, which is a bit of a different challenge than just locating objects by name or appearance. There's also some very short bios that are attractively presented at the end of some historic scenes, that I actually enjoyed reading. And I do like the narrator's voice and Einstein-like accent, even if he does repeat several of the same lines over and over.

So far I haven't had any problems progressing thru the game using the hint system. And fortunately, the hints recharge pretty quickly.

It's nice to play a game that isn't dark and gloomy in tone.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 12:44:24 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:The Clumsys Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 3, 10 11:24 AM
I just finished playing clear thru the game, and I hate hate hate it! Too hard to find the objects - I got frustrated. I didn't get stuck, but I did have to do random clicking at times, even after using the best of the hints. It's very particular about where you click, so at times I clicked a very visible object several times before it would take it.

Usually if a game's getting to me, I'd quit and come back to it later. With this game though, there are 3 phases in each location which are not available one right after the other. So when you leave and come back, you're faced with phase 2 or 3 of at least one location generally, and it's harder to find stuff if you haven't recently done the first phase. So I started the game over again from the beginning more than once because of that.

Technically the game is fine and pretty well-made and attractive. - Except for moving propellers in the middle of scenes, which I mentioned in my previous post. As for length, way too long lol!

(Insert primal scream here.)

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 11:25:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Rigel808 on Feb 20, 11 11:08 AM
Fairly fun game, but I have to agree about the inaccuracys. Duct tape (1940's) at the Wright Brothers (1912), Electric tape (1940) at Edison's workshop (1880's), DeWalt battery drill (1990) at the birth of rock and roll (1960's). Glaring faults when you're looking for things that are out of their correct time period.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 8, 11 12:43 AM
Hi fishies,

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread for your convenience!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Clumsys

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 5:57 PM
I got this game when it came out and never finished playing the whole thing, it was to hard for me at the time, perhaps I should try again sometime.

Still it has nice graphics.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Clumsys

[Post New]by BHarris700 on Oct 19, 13 6:06 AM
All I can say about this game is I am glad I got it for free. WAY to hard to find objects. It is very particular about clicking on an object. Graphics are not crisp, so it is difficult to see objects. Really not enjoying this one at all so I probably will not finish. On a scale of 1 to 10, maybe a 2, maybe!!!!

Go to: