It's started, have fun folks.

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

Re:Halloween

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 14, 17 11:10 AM
Thanks jazz....

I was hoping you would stay awake long enough to let us know.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 14, 17 12:29 PM
Have fun

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Oct 14, 17 5:51 PM
Haha yes Trixie I stayed up late especially, normally in bed by 10pm!

judylinn
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by judylinn on Oct 15, 17 4:06 PM
Where does the gingerbread man come from

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 15, 17 4:39 PM
GingerDeads andToffee Apples both are obtained by playing the HOs. When you play an HO you will get 1 of 5 Halloween item....GingerDead, Toffee Apple, Orange Candy, Black Candy or Marmalade Brain....Unfortunately there is no way to influence which of the items you will receive.

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 4:44:57 PM PST

robintje
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by robintje on Oct 16, 17 6:58 AM
Thank you, Trixie, for mention that you can not influence what are you getting.I don't get the Toffee Apple.But I am happy.I have until now 5 baskets. And I think maybe I will lucky and can get 1 or 2 more.

And that was my goal, playing the first level. I still don't get it why the magnets are important. I am out of magnets, but without playing with magnets I don't see any changes.

So I now spare my barters and my energy.To getting more Toffee Appels, I need more energy and other stuff.My first Halloween and I like it

Everybody have fun and enjoy.

Edited on 10/16/2017 at 6:58:57 AM PST

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 16, 17 7:54 AM
robintje

The point of the Magnets is that you can play an HO much faster with the Magnets.
I measure game time by using the Owls...without the Magnets, I can complete 13 to 15 HOs per Owl. With the Magnets I can do 35 or more.

Since the Toffee Apples and GingerDeads can only be obtained by playing HOs, the faster one can complete an HO the more Halloween items one can receive.

I'm glad you are enjoyed the Halloween Special.

Trixie

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 16, 17 9:56 AM
Another way of playing faster is using the crystal owl and other amulets. It's nothing more than a mental trick but it was helpful for me during events and generally speaking (the owl was my favorite amulet)

A mental trick to obtain more apple / ginger or special collections is to keep one basket / chest / special collection unpick / un crafted at all times. But chests and baskets always need to be picked before the event is over

Those mental trick give me the feeling of faster progress and helped me keep going for more

Find your mental trick and apples / ginger will come
Or don't use any mental trick if that isn't fun for you or it makes you frustrated

And when you're obtaining the item that you need play that scene again, maybe you will be lucky again

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 16, 17 10:07 AM
Congratulations, Robin for your baskets
I believe you will get more than just 2 more baskets until the end of the event. You still have a few days to do it

robintje
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by robintje on Oct 16, 17 12:58 PM
Hi Trixie

Now I get it with the magnets . thanks for explaining it so that a dummy like me get it. I am trying to play with the owl magnet, but for that I need shears, and you need a lot of shears for other things also. But I am not playing for a whole year, so it will come with time.

Learning from advice coming from you and Alex and of course with playing. Just now I am exploring the different amulets that this play offer.

Hi Alex,

I know what you mean with the mind tricks. I spared all the brains to barter Halloween Jack, and changed my avatar into superwoman and used an amulet. In my mind, I got more from the Halloween stuff. I do not know if it is real, or only in my mind. But whatever I was just smiling by doing so.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 16, 17 1:43 PM
Hi Robin

The superwoman and the superman avatars used during a event for special floaters aren't mind tricks. Those are working and so are the amulets for more collections items (golden fish or wand) The wand is a amulet from Christmas that you might not have. The golden fish can be obtained by banishing the sea dragon (boss of the shark) and probably by crafting a collection that I don't remember

The crystal owl can be obtained in a easy way by crafting the Philatelist collection (first page of silver collections)
Since the owl is my favorite amulets, I can write a long list of collections that can be crafted in order to obtain it, if you will like to know

And then again, the owl is just a mind trick that may or may not work for different players
Amulets and avatars are working perfectly on special floaters

robintje
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by robintje on Oct 16, 17 3:03 PM
Hi Alex,

I would love that list, with the boss from the shark, I did not know that. I had spared my golden fish what I got from the Easter event and from achievements. The wand I do not have. I started with playing middle January. But now I know why I am searching in my inventory the wand and why I do not have it. Or can get it.

Thank you, long time players like you and Trixie are really helpful

And knowing that this is not a mind trick, I learned something new

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 17, 17 12:30 AM
The crystal owl can be obtained by crafting the next collections

Witch's place (page 7 of silver collections - S 7 )
Philatelist S 1
Violinist S 4
Fortune Teller S 4
Meditating Guru S 5
Exotic Flowers S 5
Diamond S 6
Jazz Band S 6
A feast of ... S 7
Home Coziness S 9

The Philatelist is the most easy to craft. The Witch's place gives 2 owls

I have looked at my game and I didn't find a collection giving the gold fish but considering my stock of gold fishes, most likely, that amulet is sometimes coming from a chest (maybe the gold one). I could be wrong about that, I don't exactly remember

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 17, 17 7:46 AM
The Goldfish amulet can be earned from at least one of the Daily Quests. I think more than one but I can't find the post about the daily quests and the rewards.

With my game the Goldfish amulet did not make much difference...but if you normally have a 1% chance of getting the item you want and you use the amulet then you have 2%....not much of a difference......The Wand however made a huge difference when I used it in conjunction of the correct avatar......so remember the Christmas Special comes around.

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Oct 17, 17 8:26 AM
Can someone explain the baskets and how you get them? Thanks!

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 17, 17 8:38 AM
JakeyBakey

At the top of the screen is a Halloween Pumpkin. If you click on it you will see the requirements for a Halloween Gift Basket....(20 each of the ToffeeApple and GingerDead and 30 each of the Orange and Black Candy)...Once you have all the items you may collect the Basket.......It usually contains 8 to 20 Diamonds and a few Halloween items.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,150 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 17, 17 9:18 AM
Now, I remember. The fish can buy obtain by solving daily quests. It's one of the possible rewards but most likely, not connected to one of the quests in particular
I have the impression that those rewards were random

I have mostly used the wand and fish for special floaters. I didn't notice a big difference between them.

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 17, 17 9:36 AM
It is highly possible that my Goldfish does not work properly.....I came to that conclusion some time ago after reading the forum and seeing that it did function correctly for other players.

It has been sometime since I played the daily quests all the way through so I could be all wrong, but when the first 2 or 3 quests were incorporated in the game, one of them always gave the Goldfish Amulet. Maybe after all 7 were released, the reward became random.

Edited on 10/17/2017 at 9:37:55 AM PST

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Oct 17, 17 12:38 PM
Thank you, Trixie! Solves the mystery of what all those lollipops, etc. were for!

Go to: