Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rite of Passage: The Sword and the Fury here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 15, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 9:25:09 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rite of Passage: The Sword and the Fury here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 15, 17 9:12 AM
I usually love games by Mad Head games, but this one just isn't all that exciting. I will say though, after the demo, there was a twist to the plot that I didn't see coming, so I'll give it kudos on that feature. I bought the CE version of this game a while back, because I prefer collectibles, morphs and bonus chapter that it offers, but if you're not into those things, this SE version is fine. The collectible Signs are way to easy to spot, in my opinion, but the Morphs within the HOP's are a different story. Although I prefer Morph's to be in each scene, I will say, Mad Head does a fantastic job blending the morphs, and making the items morph just slow enough to make it challenging. Here's a recap of my review to help you decide which version, if either is right for you:

The Nightcrawlers are attacking! Oh, I guess that's supposed to be a Night Caller, you know, the ladies of the evening, nope that's not it either. It's a giant creature that comes calling at night, whose energy comes from symbols??? Where do the symbols come from, they didn't appear until the nightcrawler appeared? Are you as confused as I am? It all boils down to one thing, it's Grandpa's fault and I've gotta fix it! I've got to get rid of these Nightcrawlers before it rains, cause ya know what happens when it rains! (I should write these stories)

I love Mad Head games, but all their stories lately seem to be about the same thing, and they all center around symbols. The Collector's edition versions, all have the same Spiral Symbols to collect, and the same HOP Morphs. I do however love the abundance of puzzles offered, which aren't necessarily challenging, but they are fun.

The Hidden Object Scenes are mostly Interactive List finds, but there was an Interactive Progressive Silhouetted Shape one that had a bunch of puzzles, and was really quite fun. After the demo, there was one I really loved where you had to find symbols in a labyrinth made up of symbols. In the CE version, each of the HOP's have a Morphing Object to find, some of which are cleverly done.

The Mini Games are really entertaining, in my opinion. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Use all wires to connect lights by rotating connectors.
2) Drag symbols to align them with the stationary symbols.
3) Navigate through the maze using directional arrows and using items you find to progress through obstacles.
4) Rotate grate sections to allow an open path to retrieve the saw. Because there's always something of great importance in the sewer.
5) Adjust lock sections to create an open bath to the button, clicking on one section may affect others, because they always do.
6) Swap tiles to complete the picture, click on the button to change the available tile sets.
7) Match the symbols to the shape of the buttons, click until desire shape appears.
8) Swap tiles to assemble the picture. Doesn't anybody have a normal picture to enjoy?
9) Click sections in the correct order.
10) Slide puzzle sections to complete the image, because no picture seems to be normal.
11) Swap the painting to match the outlines on the wall. Finally normal pictures, just not in normal spots!
12) Press arrows to move spheres to their matching colored spots, no picture involved.
13) Swap and rotate triangle puzzle pieces to......you get the picture.
14) Find and replace items on the pages of the book, it's sort of like a pop-up only different.

RITE OF PASSAGE GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-The Perfect Show (June 7-12) 4.5
2-Child of the Forest (May 16-13) 4.7
3-Hide and Seek (June 12-14) 4.6
4-The Lost Tide (May 2-15) 3.7
5-Heart of the Storm (January 16-16) 4.0
6-Deck of Fates (October 27-16) 4.0
7-The Sword and the Fury (September 16-17) 3.7

The Collector's Edition has 4 Wallpapers, 10 Music Soundtracks, 17 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 17 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, Characters, 32 Collectible Spiral Signs, 10 Achievements to earn, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 15, 17 9:25 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Rite of Passage: The Sword and the Fury here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rite of Passage: The Sword and the Fury.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 15, 17 9:43 AM
I think i could have really enjoyed this game had it not been for the constant puzzle and mini games and ho scenes CONSTANTLY around every corner. Played the whole demo and it was back to back. It's really hard to immerse yourself in the story when i am constantly being hounded, and yes that's how it felt, to play a puzzle/ mini game. There's a point where it's just too much and i have noticed this problem with this dev in other games as well. Almost to a point where i am not even going to bother to demo their games. This game is a no buy for me.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 17, 18 8:08 PM
I used a free coupon from purchasing CEs. There're things I liked about this game and things I didn't like. I just finished it and it does have too many mini-games. Enough to choke on. I did like the story line and game play. I don't like all these puzzles in a Hops game. There are more than double the puzzles to hops.

Go to: