hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Post any Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by hd2222 on May 5, 10 6:23 AM
Even with the initial introduction scene, and subsequently every scene following, whether it was a dialogue change or scene change, I had a strobe light effect as well as an overlay of multiple scene "fragments". Had to uninstall game and won't bother to re-install same. Any else have this problem?

Edited on 05/05/2010 at 9:24:12 AM PST

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Technical Issue .Strobe-Light effect

[Post New]by ykempy on May 5, 10 6:30 AM
Yes I have this problem too,

Re:Technical Issue - flashing cursor

[Post New]by buttermilk2 on May 5, 10 7:22 AM
Well once again a cursor you cannot turn OFF - I was getting dizzy(er) trying to keep up with the flashing curser -

I really wish AGAIN that all BF games had the option of turning OFF the custom cursor! What a drag

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 5, 10 7:36 AM
Same problem. Is there a fix?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 5, 10 9:23 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the strobe-light effect. It sounds like a display issue that may be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Here is a link to a help article with more information. Game Crashes, Freezing, Blank Screen

I'm also gonna go ahead and make this the technical issues thread and sticky it at the top of this forum.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

It's also good to specify if you are on Mac or PC to help others.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Technical Issue - flashing cursor

[Post New]by rhythmeme on May 5, 10 9:48 AM
buttermilk2 wrote:Well once again a cursor you cannot turn OFF - I was getting dizzy(er) trying to keep up with the flashing curser -

I really wish AGAIN that all BF games had the option of turning OFF the custom cursor! What a drag

ALT+C will turn off the custom cursor.

Re:Post any Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by candyman31144 on May 5, 10 1:35 PM
constant flashing, cant play

mskymee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by mskymee on May 5, 10 2:04 PM
I can't download this game. It will start but then the game manager will not open.
Kim

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 5, 10 2:05 PM
I can't download this game. It gets to 100% and then starts over and again and again. I does not install at all. Please advise.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 5, 10 4:00 PM
Same Problem....Game just keeps dl & also will NOT finish then dl again & again???

Not A Happy Gamer

PEN

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 5, 10 4:15 PM
I let BFG know about the problem. I told them that it was NOT just my problem BUT others too

PEN

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 5, 10 4:27 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are experiencing a looping download you may want to change to alternate method in your Game Manager. This is easy to do, here are the steps and a link to the help article.

1. Open the Game Manager.
2. In the lower left-hand corner, click Options.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Then select 'Alternate Method'

If this doesn't work you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager.

Game Manager

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 5, 10 6:48 PM
THANKS Tigris:

I tried all that you said to do , so that is why I got a hold of CS. The REP said that he would look into it.
I told him that I would try again in a few days.

THANKS to ALL @ BFG

Happy Gaming
PEN

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on May 5, 10 7:14 PM
Not a buy for me. Flashing screen, with sign in screen bleeding through. Updated my drivers, no fix.

[Post New]by TAZJO437 on May 6, 10 4:45 AM
Have the same problem, when I got to the crab game it flashes and freeze on and off

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on May 6, 10 8:41 AM
The game took forever and a day to download. It kept pausing, and I had to reset the install button many times. Then, I got about 50 min. into the game and it just froze! Boom, had to hard start the computer. bummer.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 6, 10 4:53 PM
Also got the flashing screen, and each time I clicked to progress dialogue I got white sqaures and orange background. Very annoying. A shame because the game looked nice.
I keep updating my card (which is not that old) lately, and all the other drivers. Somehow some games just won't run smoothly. At least I'm not the only one.

ras7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ras7777 on May 6, 10 5:47 PM
Downloaded game with no problems. Clicked on play, the screen turned black, then went back to the desktop. The game icon shows in the toolbar as if it is playing. Went to tech page for help. Nothing worked. Too bad, it looked like an interesting game.

ILAUGH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ILAUGH on May 6, 10 8:23 PM
Ha low while playing Fiction Fixers I have run into a questionable stiuation...
Stuck in Caterpillar door I can not see the mushroom access sparkler s
need to go in and get the hidden items and it will not open
double checked the walkthrough and it should be sparkling in order for access

Please help I sure do appreciate you assist
Laughter
is a free thing to share

[Post New]by marcmallo on May 6, 10 11:25 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled game because of the strobe light effect, and was still having that problem. Until this is fixed, this is a no-go for me. Pity, the game looked interesting. MH

Go to: