Day of the Dead

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Day of the Dead

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 15, 17 10:36 PM
I love this game so much, but this group quest seems impossible in the allotted time. We're only half a day from the end of the quest, but haven't even reached a third of our goal.

I wish that we had known that our personal hundred zombies would be able to be repeated - every couple of hours, at that! I really took my time on the first one, knowing that I play every day, and that I'd complete the quest easily over the weekend. If I'd have known, I would have used some extra energy packs and finished the quest many more times.

I do have one thought for the devs, if there's time to put it into place... What about a "buying time" promotion? Frankly, I'd give up some of my bush bucks or pay money to see the quest to the end. If we could, as a group, buy time to complete this group quest, it could be interesting. Or, was there a different point to this impossible quest, like to have zombies invade the commons just in time for Halloween?

In any case, I don't like this feeling of not being able to do anything (within reason) to get this achievement. Even if I activated my VIP account, and kept resetting the quest, and used all sorts of energy, time-wise it can't be done alone. And that's such a disheartening and disappointing feeling from a game that I've loved for the past 5 years in great part because if you keep at it, you can eventually fully complete the game.

Who's with me that this quest, in the given time frame, is too difficult?

luzifera
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Day of the Dead

[Post New]by luzifera on Oct 16, 17 3:27 AM
thanks, KimChi, for your post - I´m as well depply frustrated about the unreachable number of zombies .........

I´m asking myself, is this number only for the BigFishPlayers or for all BW2-fans on all servers alltogether?

.... but there´s still a little hope, that one might put a little positive change into that group-quest

Edited on 10/16/2017 at 3:28:56 AM PST

ElsaStar96
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Oct 16, 17 4:41 AM
Hi all, I too am a bit sad that this quest will be unfinished, I'm wondering if this quest line has something to do with the impending release of "The Walking Dead" season 8. I hope so and that it is not quite over. We all know how the devs love a reference to a film or series of some sort. Please let it continue after the deadline...(gotta love a pun). I am looking forward to hopefully completing this quest and maybe getting a zombie pet all of my very own.

Happy whacking everyone

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 16, 17 5:27 AM
I hope that you're right, and that it's not over just yet! Like, suddenly the Walking Dead heroes appear and finish off the rest of the zombies for us!

Or, saying "better luck next year...", and tweaking it a bit so that we either have fewer zombies to whack, or not making us wait 5 hours between, etc.

For now I'm getting ready for the next round - just before the deadline (lol love that pun, Elsa Star!)

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Oct 16, 17 8:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

I jumped in to help about 20 minutes ago because this apparently is on a multiplier.

Of course, I don't have a chance, but every other whack brings up a zombie, so it increases the total number of zombies whacked. Hope it helps you complete the quest.

Last time I talked to George, the total number of zombies whacked was over 451,000, and climbing. So keep whacking!

Good luck to all of you.

Chuck

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Oct 16, 17 8:53 AM
I just logged on and saw the last post, so I jumped in to help a bit, too.

Hope it helps.

Good luck to all.

455,000 and climbing.

Discus3

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,537 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Oct 16, 17 9:24 AM
totally unreachable amount of zombies to whack.
very disappointed.

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Oct 16, 17 11:59 AM
An extension has been granted until Friday, 20 October.

Good luck everyone!

Chuck

luzifera
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by luzifera on Oct 16, 17 12:32 PM
WHOOOOHOO

thats a really GREAT decision

a big THANK YOU for it - now ist realistic

[Post New]by MemereG on Oct 16, 17 6:36 PM
Okey dokey, I can't figure out where to claim the 2 free energy packs mentioned. Can't find anywhere to put a coupon code in. It's probably terribly obvious (like asking the box boy at the grocery store where something is after you've looked all over the store, and he calmly points to it above your head), but could someone please enlighten me? Thanks!

[Post New]by Irinio on Oct 16, 17 9:43 PM
Click on the button that opens the sub-menu for your achievements and character customization ( the gear next to the pouch) and on the very top you'll see a gift box. Click on that to input the code.

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 17, 17 12:19 AM
So pleased about the extension! Thank you for listening, devs!!

It's still going to be really tough to finish, so anyone who can help out, please do so!

I've activated VIP to be able to reset my daily quests, and am using all sorts of energy packs and my saved up bush bucks, as well as fishing for energy, to contribute as much as possible. Here's hoping that we'll make it!

[Post New]by mumwooshie on Oct 17, 17 9:48 AM
Used both codes by clicking on brown inventery bag, then clicking on blue parcel and typing in codes WHAC-KMAN-YZOM-BIES and BW2F-REES-TUFF-WOOT. Each code will give you 2 FREE large energy packs. Hope this helps

[Post New]by MemereG on Oct 17, 17 12:40 PM
Got it Irinio and Mumwooshie! Thanks. Completely missed the stinking box. :-/

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Oct 18, 17 12:24 AM
mumwooshie wrote:Used both codes by clicking on brown inventery bag, then clicking on blue parcel and typing in codes WHAC-KMAN-YZOM-BIES and BW2F-REES-TUFF-WOOT. Each code will give you 2 FREE large energy packs. Hope this helps

mumwooshie,

Thanks very much for posting the codes.

I completely missed this: Each code will give you 2 Free large energy packs.

Thank you again. It helps a lot.

WOOT!

Discus3

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Oct 18, 17 9:31 PM
Appears there is yet another redemption code; just tried it and it worked. Found this out at the CodeEntertainment BW2 forum. Guess we FB-phobic and seldom-on-chat folk need to seek out things like this.

OVER-RUNB-YZOM-BIES

dinsb01
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb01 on Oct 18, 17 10:09 PM
Sorry. Somehow erased the final part of the above message.

I know the new code is shown in the news section, but I apparently am no longer a critical reader, figuring that once read, always read. And if I sound a little snarky, it's because I am at the moment hugely disappointed. I finished an SBA and, rushing eagerly to see what the treasure chest held, discovered another utterly useless to me (friendless BFG player with absolutely no desire to spend, i.e., 340 BBs for the writhing necklace trinket) schematic and some more gold to add to my current 18.5 million. I realize gathering resources for others is a big part of these other platform social games, but I wish the devs had thrown us a bone in the SBAs.

But I do love the new areas -- bright, cheerful, funny and clever. And so glad the 5-hour zombie wait has been done away with -- hope we make our goal.

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Oct 19, 17 12:58 AM
Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the devs for the third redemption code and especially for doing away with the waiting time to whack zombies!

Although the goal seems very far away (I still think that a hero showing up, saying "Just did away with 100,000 zombies. Psh. No big deal," would be fantastic), all the effort that the team has put into rectifying what was essentially a gross miscalculation on their part is super appreciated.

By the way, the reason that I think that this was a miscalculation is because no casual game would put out the very first group quest and have it be unattainable. Of course this is just my opinion, but it brings down group morale in a game that is already not heavy on social interaction. The first time should have been fairly easily attainable, to test the waters (and give the BW2 team data about player behaviour in this situation - kind of a market study).

Still love the game, still whacking zombies like crazy.

Edit: And especially thank you for cutting the energy needed to have a zombie pop up by half!

Edited on 10/19/2017 at 1:50:31 AM PST

ElsaStar96
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Oct 19, 17 6:08 AM
Hi all, I would like to thank the devs for everything they have done to help us to maybe complete this quest...it's nice to think that they want us to achieve the almost impossible task they set. I would also like to thanks all of you dedicated players for all your whacking of zombies...hopefully together we can do this!.I have really put my all into this, as I hate to fail anything. I have played 3 or 4 times longer than I normally do, have used every energy, mana and power refills that I had, activated my vip membership to use the levellers boon, the questers boon, the daily quest reset and the maxed out, all this to get more energy, more mana and power. I also did all the dailies...even the fishing ones (which I normally don't do) to gain more xp to level up faster for more energy...even did a load of fishing and went to amicus to do the quests there ...again something I rarely do. I really hope we as a community can pull this off. The prize we get at the end had better be worth it! Lol. I wonder if the devs are keeping a tally of zombies whacked for all the individual players and give out something extra for the player who has slayed the most?

Keep whacking zombies

ElsaStar96
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Oct 20, 17 5:17 AM
Woohoo...we did it guys! So I collected the rewards but never actually received them. Anybody else not get theirs?

Go to: