joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

DD on 5/5/10

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 5, 10 11:18 AM
A game with absolutely no posts. Couldn't resist!!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:DD on 5/5/10

[Post New]by laeddie on May 5, 10 12:01 PM
Must be a great game if no one has posted for almost two years!!! How can I pass? Watch me.Paaasss.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 5, 10 3:38 PM
Ok, I'll donate a post for this game! I demo-ed it thinking for my 7 yr old nephew
(he's not with me at the moment).....and I have to say that this old lady did improve her hand-eye coordination.
At first the kid narrator voice annoyed me (do other kids mind that?), but I forgot it as I got so darn involved in the game play.! It had 6 "books" in the 1st level, a different game in each with it's own levels. As you finish each book, you earn a dinosaur bone for your 'fieldbook'. When the fieldbook is completer, you have a dinosaur pix to color.
Games are heavy on clicking and arrow use, and involve some speed and coordination. Hate to say it, but one the 1st book dino race, I came in 3rd!! I think a 7 yr old would probably do better! Another game involves snapping up dino
eggs while in a moving helicopter. Another has you fly a dino thru the air, controlling him in order to snap up insects to keep his energy up, and get him to his destination. The most challenging, is going thru a maze, picking up fruit in the proper order to feed dinos that stand in your way. I was still struggling on my 4th maze when the 1hr demo shut down. Ha ha!!! . I got shut down on a kid's game!!
I think I'll buy it for the kid...................................

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 5, 10 3:45 PM
addendum to previous post: 1 disadvantage to this game is that if you quit in the middle of a book, it doesn't save it up to that level; you need to start over with level one..................Yay!! I get to do all the mazes over!!! oh joy !!!

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on May 5, 10 6:22 PM
Hi,

I am 7 years old and I beat you alvertis! LOL!

No I'm 51 but I DID win the race. I took the jumper.

This is a fun game! Not a buy for an adult but it is captivating and enough challenging for young kids. And they get to learn some spanish words.

5 different games:
Dino Dash (race)
Helicopter Rescue (pick up eggs)
Microraptor Adventure (capture bugs while flying)
Dino Grow Up (feed baby dinos)
Journey to Egg Island (get one particular fruit to each dinosaur to go further)

For each game you get a bone. 5 bones=1 dino. There are 5 dinos (one is secret) so you have to play the 5 games 5 times to get all the dino bones. Then you can color them and print them at home.

There are no options as to voices or music.

I listened to everything and played 5 games for 1 dino, colored it, in less than 30 minutes.

The whole thing then should take 2.5 hours. I would skip the dialogues before the games since I listened to them in the demo. You can play and replay the games and you get scores for each.

Mine (same order as above) : 48 - 31 - 17 - 538 - 125.

I don't usually play kids games. My note is 3.5 / 5.

Go to: