Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 17, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/17/2017 at 9:05:13 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 17, 17 8:54 AM
After having played demo without a hitch, I purchased the game and to my great disappointment, it does not work. I cannot open the file, keep getting a black screen and have installed and re-installed twice. Who do I contact for reimbursement if there is no fix to this. Windows 7

Edited on 10/17/2017 at 8:57:22 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 17, 17 9:05 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 17, 17 9:10 AM
Hello Nilosh,

I'm really sorry to hear the game won't open and am here to help fix that. Oftentimes when a black screen is seen, the game is experiencing a display issue, so let's troubleshoot that.

The first thing I'd recommend trying is to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display and installing a newer version can help fix what's causing the game not to load properly. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to ensure it has the permissions it needs to access all of the computer's resources. The help pages below will walk you through those processes.

If those steps don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience. Please feel free to PM me or another of the active Moderators if any more questions remain. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on Oct 18, 17 1:56 AM
I am really enjoying the game but when I play Spider Solitaire my game crashes. Not sure if it is with any of the other games or just Spider. I am running windows 10 and everything is up to date on my computer.

[Post New]by Ww2011 on Oct 19, 17 3:01 AM
I really enjoyed this game and finished all levels.. but when I went to bonus level and to the first castle it started out fine letting me build each section then all at once the add on castle sections were not available.. I know there are more to add to it..because I only added 4 sections..any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Oct 19, 17 6:15 AM
@ww2011 - you have PM.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Oct 19, 17 4:54 PM
level 40 wont start, tell me to get more emeralds to go further, I have THEM ALL including all the stars STARTED THIS GAME 3 TIMES SAME THING, wont start level 40.( windows 7)

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 19, 17 5:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to provide some more troubleshooting guidance. I really want to help fix this game!

Whenever game won't advance correctly or crashes, I recommend checking to see whether an update is available for the computer's video card driver. I also suggest running the game with administrator permissions. Both of these processes have helped players experiencing similar troubles in the past. I've included help articles below that will walk you through the respective solutions:

If the game still isn't working properly, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Likewise, if any questions remain, don't hesitate to PM me or one of my fellow moderators. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by fromdalake on Oct 19, 17 6:34 PM
I am having trouble completing the castle. Normally options with number of emeralds per each appears. On level 119, the level is completed, I have 5 emeralds, and no build options appear. Level 120 says that I need more jewels to complete the castle. I am stuck!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Oct 19, 17 9:43 PM
Ww2011 wrote:I really enjoyed this game and finished all levels.. but when I went to bonus level and to the first castle it started out fine letting me build each section then all at once the add on castle sections were not available.. I know there are more to add to it..because I only added 4 sections..any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Same here. I'm playing on an i7PC- Win10.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Oct 20, 17 7:55 AM
two profiles one said 14 emeralds the other is 85 both are on level 40 what wont go until I get all the emeralds. I suppose something wrong with the adding, please fix, or a refund I do have all the emrald sand the stars, obviously a error in math.

tried an other one and it is 85 emeralds to 40 levels wont go any further, or a fix or a refund please

Edited on 10/20/2017 at 1:39:48 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 20, 17 3:41 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Nilosh,

I'm really sorry to hear the game won't open and am here to help fix that. Oftentimes when a black screen is seen, the game is experiencing a display issue, so let's troubleshoot that.

The first thing I'd recommend trying is to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display and installing a newer version can help fix what's causing the game not to load properly. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to ensure it has the permissions it needs to access all of the computer's resources. The help pages below will walk you through those processes.

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If those steps don't fix the game, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience. Please feel free to PM me or another of the active Moderators if any more questions remain. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 20, 17 3:43 PM
My card and computer are up to date. I have managed to load the game but now after having played until level 99, my castle options are gone. This game is in dire need of a fix as many other users are having similar problems. Paying full CE price for a game that is not working is unacceptable. Please inform us as to whether the bugs will be fixed.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Oct 21, 17 10:27 AM
I have been writing to the one in charge and they ask me to send the files, what files ? I played the game 4 times now and get stuck on level 40 each time. it is or a fix or a refund, it is a shame il like the game it is relaxing something I need right now

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 17 12:22 PM
phoenix_rising wrote:I have been writing to the one in charge and they ask me to send the files, what files ?

The person who's making that request wants your saved game file. Since you stated earlier that you're on Windows 7, you need to reveal your hidden files and folders first by going to the Organize tab under Windows Explorer and picking Folder and Search Options first, then go the View Tab and under there select the button for show "hidden files, folders, and drives". Then go to this filepath in your C: drive:

C: users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\Jewel Match Solitaire Collectors Edition

and copy that folder to an email so they can check out the files to see if anything's wrong with them. Make sure you go back to the Organize tab and re-hide all your hidden files, etc. before exiting so you don't accidentally delete important folders, etc. later (this is a safety issue built into some versions of Windows, although I heard Win 10 doesn't do this anymore?) I realize it's frustrating to not be able to continue on due to a possible glitch, but without providing them the files to troubleshoot there's no way to get it fixed. BFG is only a portal so can't really help much with bugs in games. I will say though that if there really is a game-breaking bug BFG should pull the game off the site until the developer sorts the problem out.

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 12:29:34 PM PST

[Post New]by goatless on Oct 21, 17 6:02 PM
got stuck on 80, would not let me add to the previous castle.started a new game and made sure i got all emeralds in each level. got to 120, castle complete and now adding emeralds and no new castle to make.
mac iOS system, all up to date, brand new. what do I do now?

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Oct 22, 17 4:28 AM
@goatless We are working on a fix. Stay put for a little while. Thank you.

[Post New]by AZMOM66 on Oct 22, 17 3:33 PM
when I went to bonus level and to the first castle it started out fine letting me build each section then all at once the add on castle sections were not available.. I know there are more to add to it..because I only added 7 sections..any ideas on how to solve this issue? I have admin rights and already checked for an update. Running on a PC, Windows XP. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. still no sections and I have gone to level 232. should have had a new castle at 220. But nothing since about 207.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Oct 22, 17 6:30 PM
I am at level 120 and I have no options to build the castle either. Actually, I think it was before 120 but am not sure. Just know I have no options now.

Go to: