machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Length of Game?

[Post New]by machamc on May 5, 10 12:21 PM
I really enjoyed the demo of this game and almost used my credit from last month when I thought to find the walkthrough and see how far along I was.

I was very disappointed to see that i was over half way thru in my demo hour and that was after fumbling around in the beginning trying to get out of the rabbit hole and proceed. I really don't want to waste my credit if there is less than an hour to go. I sense that I could just sail thru the rest of the game if it doesn't get more complicated. Can someone tell me if it gets more involved after the Dutchess?

Re:Length of Game?

[Post New]by diamondgirl3660 on May 5, 10 1:48 PM
I demo'd this game at the developers site when in came out. Granted, they gave 80 minutes and not 60, but I was able to get all the way through the 6th leval and start the 7th in the demo time.

Looks like for me, thegame would have come in around 2 hours-waaaaayyyy too short for me to use a credit even though I loved the game!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 5, 10 2:02 PM
I have finished only the first two chapters in my trial time (there are 8). The gamelength depends on the players. I have read all dialogues, enjoyed the graphic alot and played all minigames

andrewlum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by andrewlum on May 5, 10 2:07 PM
Hi Guys,

The average player will take about 4 hours. We've found that the most expert HOG players will beat the game in about 3 hours. A few customers who have gotten stuck on mini-games have taken 5-6 hours to complete the game.

This is based on feedback from customers.

Please support this game so we can work on a sequel. Thanks!

UPDATE: We just had a player report that it took them about 7 hours to beat the game! So obviously completion time varies.

We'll definitely be adding more scenes to our next Fiction Fixers game!

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 1:48:15 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 5, 10 3:09 PM
I appreciate your posting, Andrew, and thank you for the information.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on May 6, 10 10:09 AM
Thanks Andrew, I really appreciate your answer. Unfortunately, I don't think I will buy the game based on my speed in completing over half of the game in one hour but I would like to commend you on a very special game based on one of my favorite fairy tales. It was true to the story and lovely to play, just wish it was a bit longer.

Thanks again.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 6, 10 12:56 PM
Andrew,
I really like this game-thanks for the info. I will buy it. You can probably tell Hog fans like them to last longer, but many of us buy if it's a good time--still the same or cheaper than a two-hour movie. Love to see the Australian characters from The Magic Pudding, some Gulliver adventures, a Journey to the Center of the Earthgame, an O'Henry stories game, & an Alice sequel, of course.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 6, 10 3:11 PM
Andrew, It would be awesome to have the other Alice story "Through The Looking Glass". which the new movie based it story on.

I LOVE the GAME bought it right away, had trouble dl time BUT BFG fixed it!

When the thief stole some of the books, I saw pictures of others IS? this some thing in the future?
I LOVE fairy Tales it seems most fishies do too. When you look at the past sales they are truly LOVED.
I know the Frog Princess is a big hit right now with all families here in USA & also other countries.
Soooooo many to pick from

Happy Gamer
PEN

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 6, 10 3:13 PM
OH! Forgot to say I am 1/2 way and has taken me about 3 hrs. I rally like the puzzles too.
Graphics are great. I also, like the voices.

THANKS AGAIN
PEN

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on May 8, 10 12:48 AM
Thanks Andrew and everyone for the info-enjoying this game, and loving the idea of building games around classic books-probably using my game credit for this one-hope there's a sequel

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

[Post New]by cucumber89 on May 21, 10 8:28 PM
I just finished the game in 2 hours and 44 minutes. I LOVED it. Seriously one of my favorite games now. It was short, but the play was great. The graphics were rich and beautiful. I got it on sale during the Mom's Day event, but I would have been happy to pay full price. It does say to be continued at the end and I will definitely be purchasing the sequel too. Such a unique idea and it wasn't too hard and it wasn't too easy. I had to use the strategy guide a couple times.

Go to: