bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 18, 17 12:29 AM
There's a certain expression: arch rivals and our main characters Malcolm and John definitely fall into this category. This time, fate has brought them together in the field of gastronomy. John is currently in the lead, but Malcolm is looking for a way to attract more customers. The ace up Malcolm's sleeve is an old recipe for the most delicious pie anyone has ever tasted. But if Malcolm wants to get all the ingredients for his dark horse, he's going to have to work hard. Follow Malcolm and John on this nonogram adventure!

Re:Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 18, 17 6:51 AM
Utter confusion in my opinion. You're asked every level at least for the first 3 if you want to use the tutorial and it doesn't work. Then I had a clue of three across and it was a grid of 5 of so I put one in the middle and it said I was wrong? Where else could it have gone? Any way you look at it, at least one square would have had to go in the middle. I just deleted the game.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 18, 17 7:40 AM
@cottoncandy - I had the same thing too 3 times in a row. Tried to play a few more levels but they just did the same thing.

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 7:41:20 AM PST

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 18, 17 12:31 PM
I got so many mistakes on the first couple of levels that I ALMOST quit. Then I realized that there were color changes I hadn't taken into account. Since realizing that, I've gone on to solve a number of levels flawlessly.
Just be sure that the correct color you want to use is the "big" bubble on the right and you'll have far fewer issues.
I'm not thrilled with the interface, but once I figured it out I was able to progress nicely.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 18, 17 3:47 PM
Hello cottoncandy2 and Daxadillion,

This is a tricky game to figure out, even when using the tutorial. While the Moderation Team isn't always able to play newly released games due to the high volume of titles we offer, enough players were discussing the tutorial that I took a moment to try it out. As ekstra2000 was kind enough to let us know, players have to click on the different numbers one the top of the columns to switch between the different colored tiles.

For example, if there is a blue 1 and a gray 3 above the same column, then that means there will be one blue tile and three gray tiles in that column. In order to choose the blue tile, players must click upon the blue number 1. The gray tiles can't be chosen -- and the game might appear to be frozen -- until the gray number 3 is clicked.

If it appears there are two gray numbers -- for example, a 2 and a 3 -- above the same column, then one of those numbers indicates the number of gray tiles in that column. The other number indicates the number of white tiles in that column. Although the numbers appear to be the same color, the tiles they represent are different colors, and players will need to click between them to switch the color of tile they're choosing on the board.

I hope these clarifications are useful. Please feel free to PM me or another of the moderators if any questions remain. If you believe the game is experiencing a technical error, please contact our Technical Support Team or post to the thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

We'll do our best to assist you as quickly as possible. Until then, best wishes.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 3:48:14 PM PST

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Oct 19, 17 7:37 AM
In addition to the problems other players have mentioned, there was visual glitching that was just too distracting, as if the graphics were shattering into their component pixels. It wasn't worth the hassle. Too bad. It might have been a good game without all of these technical issues.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 19, 17 5:08 PM
ekstra: I find it's more helpful to note what color my current arrow is. Not that I don't make mistakes still that way, but fewer.

I had absolutely no trouble with the tutorials, or with any display glitches.

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Oct 28, 17 2:19 AM
More difficult to play than other nonograms, but worth persisting. I clicked on the bubble to change colours, but coloured arrow also helps. What is difficult to master is that you do not have the spaces between different colours, but matching colours you require a space.

Stranded at 110 as four colours not available, clicking on numbers only crashes game.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 16, 17 11:23 AM
An update fixing Level 110 has been issued; see the threads about it in this forum.

Go to: