Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 18, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 9:23:38 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 17 9:23 AM
Howdy Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Oct 18, 17 11:20 AM
Why it offers you a tutorial and then not work and you start the round again I cannot work out. 5 minutes was enough for me. Sorry but if you are going to release these games you should test them as you say you do, i still think you do not....

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 18, 17 12:36 PM
Hello nivlem007,

I'm really sorry this game didn't work after its tutorial. Games are run through a series of rigorous tests before being released, but sometimes unforeseen errors will arise. When that happens, we work hard to troubleshoot the glitch.

Since it sounds like the game stopped working after the tutorial, I'd recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how graphics are displayed, and installing a newer version can fix whatever's causing a game to freeze. I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions. The following help articles will walk you through those respective processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Should those suggestions not fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution. Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to PM another moderator or me if any questions remain. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Kcatz2 on Oct 19, 17 1:27 AM
Level 110 - impossible to finish and move on as there are 4 colours on the board but only 3 available?

[Post New]by Fluffnik on Oct 19, 17 2:04 AM
i downloaded the game to play on my Mac. I did not want the tutorial and clicked to skip it. It came up anyway. I tried to get through it but the "right click" does not work. YES I know it's MAC; but the way around is to hit CTRL and then go to the box. The game did not recognize this. I probably would consider but come on! I do NOT need the tutorial and I cannot bypass it and when I try to do as instructed, nothing happens.
I'd like to know what's going on.

looby51
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by looby51 on Oct 21, 17 3:49 PM
level 110 is 4 colour puzzle but only has 3 available to use. cannot play the rest of the game as you must complete each level to unlock the next

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 3:52:06 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 21, 17 5:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry the game isn't working for you all as it should be. I want you all to receive some help, so please write to our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide you with a new solution. If there are any remaining questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators. We'll provide as many answers as we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by spaniard1 on Oct 22, 17 11:58 AM
I'm having the same problem as many others with this game. I'm now stuck on level 110 with no possible chance to progress any further as these levels now require 4 colours but there are only 3 colours available.

[Post New]by thepianolady on Oct 23, 17 6:02 AM
Same problem as others on level 110. Also if this thread is for technical issues why are we told to then ask technical support? With as many having the same issue there isn't a problem on our end. With the complaints shouldn't it be looked into just from the posts here. If not, why is there a tech issue board?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 24, 17 10:31 PM
Yep, me too on the 4 color issue on 110. I tried the "Work around" posted in another thread and that crashes the game completely.

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Oct 28, 17 2:13 AM
Level 110, cannot progress, work around does not help. Black colour not available

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Oct 28, 17 10:59 AM
I'm having the same problem as other members - got to level 110 and now stuck as four colours are required shown in the numbers but only three colours shown in the bubbles. I've tried everything suggested ie clicking on the black numbers at the side and on top but the game just crashes. A programming error I think. Do hope it gets sorted soon as I love this game and there's 10 levels to go!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 28, 17 2:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience while waiting for some assistance. It sounds like the troubleshooting steps that were previously suggested -- updating the computer's video card driver and running the game with administrator permissions -- then please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance and a new solution. If there are any remaining questions, you're always welcome to PM me or another moderator. We'll be glad to provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 28, 17 5:06 PM
I too am stuck at level 110. I checked my game manager, hoping there would be an update, but no such luck. This is clearly not a technical error, but a fault of the developers. How this could pass the 'rigorous tests' is beyond me

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Oct 29, 17 2:50 AM
Thank you for your suggestions, Big Fish, but the only way for this to get sorted, in my opinion, is for you to contact the developers, tell them the problem with level 110 and get them to issue an update. I live in hope!!

Feckles
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Feckles on Oct 29, 17 10:49 AM
Level 110! Please fix! Finally a 20X25 grid and I can't play it. Bummer!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 1, 17 1:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

We'd like to thank everyone for their patience in this situation. If the previously suggested troubleshooting steps (running the game as an Administrator and updating drivers) haven't resolved the issue experienced in level 110, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They're best equipped to continue assisting from that point.

If there are any additional questions, please feel free to reach out by PM to me or one of our other Moderators. We'll do everything we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Nov 2, 17 4:54 PM
I did contact the technical Support Team and all I've got is a coupon (as everything was working fine on my PC, the troubleshooting advice didn't help). So I've contacted the developer and they let me know that they will send you an update right away. In my honest opinion something Big Fish should have done right after the first complaint on October 19th. I hope you'll post the update soon.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 2, 17 4:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we looked into the level 110 issue where players were seeing only 3 available colors to use. The Forum Moderation Team was just provided information regarding this issue, and an update has been announced with the thread below:

UPDATE! New version available for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie (PC) - Nov. 2, 2017

We hope that takes care of that reported issue. If there are any issues after installing that update, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team so it can be looked further into. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able.

If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or another moderator directly. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: