Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 18, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 9:23:26 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 18, 17 1:01 AM
Finally! Another one like Nonograms: Wolf Stories, with all the colors on the board at once.

Admittedly, not to everyone's taste; see the reviews of that game on these forums for the very mixed reviews. But I find it a delightful challenge.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 18, 17 1:28 AM
It Might Be Just Me, But...

In my opinion this is possibly the worst nonogram I have ever played.

The description of the game does not say "based on logic" which is not a good sign.

The game play is confusing as all the colours are shown at once on the top and left side of the screen.

The first levels have 3 colours and you are allowed 3 mistakes in each one, and I used them all up quite quickly.

I became so frustrated with it I deleted the game and am going to play one of my Penguin games instead!

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Oct 18, 17 6:57 AM
I agree with Daxadillon, although this is not "the worst" I have played, I did find it "clunky" and it take some getting used to the rules but I tired of the space between 2 of the same color and possibly no space between different colors
Not my cup of tea but others should give it a try

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 17 9:23 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 18, 17 10:27 AM

@Daxadillion

I'm with you on this one too. I love to play nonograms, griddlers, mosaics, japanese crosswords, whatever they are called at the time. However, I play them for relaxation, and I dislike playing a game that's difficult to figure out or "see" the current grid. I get it, it's meant to be challenging, I just want uncomplicated!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 18, 17 10:57 AM
Daxadillion wrote:It Might Be Just Me, But...

In my opinion this is possibly the worst nonogram I have ever played.

The description of the game does not say "based on logic" which is not a good sign.

The game play is confusing as all the colours are shown at once on the top and left side of the screen.

The first levels have 3 colours and you are allowed 3 mistakes in each one, and I used them all up quite quickly.

I became so frustrated with it I deleted the game and am going to play one of my Penguin games instead!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 18, 17 1:10 PM
Long awaited and thoroughly enjoyable.

Love that you can click on one of the numbers down the side or across the top to change the colour without having to go all the way over to the right to choose your colour.

Your mouse pointer changes to the colour you are currently using.

Remember when you're counting to not include an extra 1 when the numbers are different colours as there may or may not be a blank between numbers of different colours.

It's not all about counting though, sometimes you can see straight away where particular colour blocks can go. If down the side you have a red 5 then look to your columns to see if there are five columns in a row with a red number in them. You can most likely fill in at least 1 and sometimes all 5.

If there is any row with only one colour then look to your columns to see if there are any without that colour and you can then eliminate (right click) the corresponding square.

If you normally like this kind of game then persevere and give it a good try, you will more than likely end up really enjoying it.

[Post New]by Avril47 on Oct 19, 17 6:17 AM
If the final results were at all attractive--or even recognizable, in some cases--this game might be worth all the work it takes to solve the levels, as far as I'm concerned. Glad some love it, but give me Fantasy Mosaics any day for logic, imaginative images, and soothing music. You'll have to try it for yourself, of course, and form your own opinion.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 21, 17 12:44 PM
After I tried for a while with a lot of mistakes, I deleted it and I played again Gizmos, my favorite one.

Sorry Devs, this kind of nonogram is not for me.

For people who like it, happy gaming ,
M.

greendle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Not happy

[Post New]by greendle on Oct 25, 17 7:20 AM
The colors are hard to see which makes it easy to make mistakes. The art work is unrecognizable. I normally love this kind of game, but not this one. Sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Nov 8, 17 8:35 AM
I love this game! Thank you for a true nonogram game based on logic...you must think your way through each puzzle to the very end (no boring clicking to fill in obvious choices). Thank you for a great challenge.

My one suggestion would be to allow us to save a game if we need to exit. Because these games take time to complete (which I love), it is disappointing to me if I need to exit and lose what I've done so far. I try to only play it when I'm going to have a larger block of time. Otherwise, this is a 5-star game for me and I hope to see more available for the Mac. Thank you!

AdrianaIP
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by AdrianaIP on Jan 25, 18 10:12 AM
I wanted to love this - I loved the previous one "Wolf stories"

BUT they should have made colors really different from each other, and different from the background. You make mistakes because you have white colors and the background is also white (with a slight shading).

Then you have pale pink and pale lilac and good luck telling them apart

This is AWFUL!!!

[Post New]by thepianolady on Feb 14, 18 3:38 PM
I tried to click to report technical but it wants me to download Mr. Felix.

I did the update for level 110 for the MAC and it still won't work. This was my last effort. I think Big Fish should test out the games on both systems before they release it. I really like the game because it is challenging. Please have more in the future that will work.

Go to: