bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Megaplex Madness: Now Playing™

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 22, 08 11:18 AM
Upgrades – Upgrades do not carry over to the next movie house, but the money you earn does. You may want to put off making any upgrades when you are close to completing a theater to save that money for the next theater.

Arcade Mini-Games – Be sure to get your best score on the first try to maximize your profits. Once you go back and replay a game, the cash payouts are smaller until you beat your previous score.

Staff Up First – Having extra employees is the cheapest way to speed up serving customers. Put off upgrading and purchasing new equipment until you have enough employees to help your customers.

These are just a few tips for Megaplex Madness: Now Playing™. If you have some tips to share please feel free to post them here.

Re:Tips and Tricks for Megaplex Madness: Now Playing™

[Post New]by candypet_ie on Oct 26, 08 10:05 AM
ALWAYS place your customers on their colour, even if it means them losing a heart as they and subsequent customers can gain more with the colour bonus. This not only increases money but also increases your chances of gaining Master.

[Post New]by rainydaymonday on Oct 28, 08 9:29 AM
candy, i found that true too, except for some rare instances... this is a post i left jamie today..
"jamie, for me, today, (i just passed level 20 after weeks!) and level 19 if you read the threads which i recommend, everyone had trouble with, i had to go back and get expert, and then master on all levels because upgrading the theaters to their former glory, really is the purpose of this whole game. so that is just my suggestion. sometimes, matching colors isnt always the key like on days when every color is coming in, you just work as fast as you can so more people can come in and try the swapping technique... and color matches will just happen naturally.. i hope this helps you! dont give up, and just take a break if its driving you nuts! i did.."

wetrocks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wetrocks on Oct 30, 08 11:41 AM
TIP! Repair the Broken TV in later chapters and it keeps customers happier while in line!

Also a tip for those stuck on level 19 I heard If you uninstall Megaplex Madness and download it again level 19 and 20 have been fixed/patched so you should easily be able to pass it now. Also you won't loose your progress when you re-install. Cheers

[Post New]by rainydaymonday on Oct 30, 08 12:24 PM
you have got to be kidding me... i was on that level for a week... im on level 49 now... i could have seriously killed someone back then... ugh

[Post New]by resdog on Jan 7, 09 2:55 PM
TIP/HINT: As the levels get harder as you go on it's a good idea to save money. What I do is on the first theatre, second to last level (but it could be any of the levels) I see what my goal is and I fail to meet that goal. For example, in the 7th level, the goal is $420. I play the round haphazardly (just moving people where they need to go regardless of color) and I find that I meet the goal. I just make sure I have enough people left to counteract the goal. When a person storms out you lose $10 or so. Normally I hit the target and my money earned is about $435 and I usually have two people left. So I sit and let them get angry and leave, costing me $20 and moving me below the target threshold. So I have to replay the level, BUT I get to keep all the money I've won thus far. So if you fail the level about 3 or 4 times, you will have accumulated $1740. Which will give you a good jump on the next level.

You can repeat this process as you advance. It's a good way to rake up some money to start work on the next theatre.

[Post New]by hockeymommmy on Feb 7, 09 8:05 AM
I have finally made all the levels most are master level. But it seems endless and most of the movie houses are not fully restored. Does that mean I have to reapeat those levels again and again and get master to keep restoring them? arrgghhh. deb

[Post New]by _cristi_ on May 30, 09 10:47 PM
Well I've reached the end...I have all the repairs made in all buildings and Master ranks on all lvls cept the last one! I have all the upgrades/employees on that last lvl and still cannot seem to make the first goal, let alone Master! Any tips? I think I noticed that it's better to let the line stack up rather than try to get everyone out on the floor. I'm thinking the key to the last lvl is swapping...cuz color matching is really difficult and I can't seem to go fast enough. Maybe a good night sleep will cure my slowness

[Post New]by shippnotary on Jun 1, 09 8:34 PM
I'm stuck on level 49 can't seem to make target goal haven't had any trouble making master on any of the other levels but can't even make target on 49 I have all the upgrades that you can get and still can not make target

[Post New]by wldflr on Jun 10, 09 8:46 PM
shippnotary wrote:I'm stuck on level 49 can't seem to make target goal haven't had any trouble making master on any of the other levels but can't even make target on 49 I have all the upgrades that you can get and still can not make target

Same! I've replayed it so many times I am frustrated.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Jul 8, 09 1:09 PM
I'm stuck on 49 too but if I try not to worry about it and just focus on keeping track of swaps and colors I at least get closer to the target goal -- one time I was only a dollar off (talk about frustating), but in the game I wasn't worried on the goal that much.

joloee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by joloee on Jul 31, 09 11:45 PM
resdog wrote:TIP/HINT: As the levels get harder as you go on it's a good idea to save money. What I do is on the first theatre, second to last level (but it could be any of the levels) I see what my goal is and I fail to meet that goal. For example, in the 7th level, the goal is $420. I play the round haphazardly (just moving people where they need to go regardless of color) and I find that I meet the goal. I just make sure I have enough people left to counteract the goal. When a person storms out you lose $10 or so. Normally I hit the target and my money earned is about $435 and I usually have two people left. So I sit and let them get angry and leave, costing me $20 and moving me below the target threshold. So I have to replay the level, BUT I get to keep all the money I've won thus far. So if you fail the level about 3 or 4 times, you will have accumulated $1740. Which will give you a good jump on the next level.

You can repeat this process as you advance. It's a good way to rake up some money to start work on the next theatre.

IMO thats the best way to play the game, if you want to upgrade everything and play the levels with ease. True, you might have to play the same level over and over again, but it will make the rest of the levels in that movie house easier. I tried to go the route of playing the arcade games for extra dough, but that wastes a lot more time then trying resdog's way.

Thanks resdog for the tip.

[Post New]by banjojane66 on Aug 9, 09 4:23 AM
I'm stuck on the mini game, "Rabbit". Yep! can't get it across the road. My rabbit #3 is always killed. Does anybody have a little suggestion how I can save my rabbit?

Edited on 08/09/2009 at 4:25:39 AM PST

[Post New]by meaniemean on Aug 4, 10 8:49 AM
I just started this game and was wondering what is that triangle thing? Is it the nacho? I can't find it when I play the game and I end up losing the game because of it. I have upgraded everything, so I'm lost. I'm also on level 10

[Post New]by Bluecat25 on Sep 13, 10 8:21 AM
I think the triangle thing is the nachos. If you don't have the item the customer wants, you have to shake the customer to make them change their mind. I have found kind of dragging and doing a circle works best for this, but I think it is because I am on my laptop and using a touchpad.

coffeeguy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by coffeeguy on Jul 2, 12 12:29 PM
I have a question, when I place a person in front of the arcade machine, am I supposed to click the red flashing buttons for them, or just let them win or lose? Because that is the only reason I can think of that I cannot beat level 9!

No one has been here for years...I hope someone still reads posts here. I guess I am a lot late with this game.

Thank you.

[Post New]by nyprincess01 on Jul 9, 12 8:11 AM
coffeeguy wrote:I have a question, when I place a person in front of the arcade machine, am I supposed to click the red flashing buttons for them, or just let them win or lose? Because that is the only reason I can think of that I cannot beat level 9!

No one has been here for years...I hope someone still reads posts here. I guess I am a lot late with this game.

Thank you.

Yeah you click on the flashing buttons, if you don't the person gets fed up & moves to next thing, meaning you lose out on the points you would get.

If you manage to do level 19 please post here how you did it.

[Post New]by chellejohn on Jan 26, 13 8:35 PM
Regarding the Arcade, I could be wrong, but I believe clicking on the buttons, when done successfully according to the highlights only gives your person an extra star, you gain no additional points. And if you let your guy lose he/she doesn't give up a star, they may act angry, let out a moan or stomp their foot, but no stars or points lost and then they will tell you what they want to do next. So if your guy already has 5 stars you may as well let them lose and concentrate on your other people.

What you do gain points at the arcade for is for color combo's, so if you have a couple of people that want to play, try to put them in color order. The only way I could find to master level 40 (with very few upgrades) was to essentially let everyone lose at the arcade (regardless of how many stars they had) because it took too long to play when all my other kids were getting pissed.

Of course, if you have a guy short on stars and have time to give him a round at the arcade then do so, but not at the expense of neglecting your other guys and letting them lose stars.

[Post New]by chellejohn on Jan 28, 13 5:25 PM
PS, not sure if level 9 or 19 was in question, level 9 you really need to focus on trying to swap whenever you can, I think I maybe had to replay the level a few times to get master.

Level 19 I think is more challenging, but since you only have 2 colors it can be done. What I did was use the first zone (Box office, pizza, and theater) for blue throughout the level, but I opened the second and third Box office to red. However, I only let them get pizza and popcorn from one location and they all went thru the same theater as well.

Do this as well as ignoring the guys at the arcade when necessary and you should master it fairly easily.

[Post New]by chellejohn on Jan 28, 13 7:24 PM
Also my daughter really likes this game, and I told her about another tip that really helped her out with winning the levels and she asked me to post. If you have a person waiting at the gumball machine they will not lose any hearts, there perfectly willing to wait there indefinitely.

Course anyone waiting for the gumball machine will get impatient, so don't let a line of people build up too long, but it may give you time to focus on some of your other stuff and when you do have a few people waiting on the machine remember to try and color combo them.

Go to: