NEED BEGINNER HELP - SO MANY QUESTIONS

[Post New]by tahitianpearl on Oct 18, 17 12:22 PM
I'm on at Level 23 - so many questions. Is there somewhere I can find walkthrough help? I don't know how things fit together - the dragons - I don't understand how they fit in; the runes; the magician's guild ???; hobbit something?; iofrit ?, etc. The quests that pop up on the left - do we try to do one at a time? Do we try several at a time ? Does it matter ? I thought I was (trying) to start the mermaid thing, but I'm not getting anywhere. I try to help the mermaid, but I'm only eligible to get 1 item. I can't get into the hotel, it says 'the area is available', but I need to buy a key ?? I can, though, get into the other Paris buildings. I have 2 items I need to get from the Mime and the Hunchback - I rarely see them in friends' places. I wanted to try the creature summoning scroll, but it says that the creatures I need aren't available yet, I'll have to wait. ??? Are there things/places I should try first ?

It seems like a good game. I just wish I knew what I was doing.

I'd really appreciate any help.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

Re:NEED BEGINNER HELP - SO MANY QUESTIONS

[Post New]by marliza on Oct 18, 17 3:14 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I sooooo remember feeling the exact same way when I started this game!!!!

I guess first I want to say that all of the things that you mentioned here do not actually "fit" together. There are many different things that you can do in this game.

That being said ....

The main "game" is to search rooms - well, buildings actually, with one room in each - in order to get other items for doing those searches.
The hobbit hut and the ilfrit palace are just two of those rooms.

And so - yes - there are tasks along the left side of the screen that tell you what to do. If I remember correctly there are three different kinds of tasks. - "Major", "Offer", "Guild".

I would suggest to do a few "Major" tasks - one after another, after another, and see how those all "fit together" first.
That is how I decided to play my own game long ago. I did just the "major" tasks until those were done. Then I did the "guild" tasks until those were done. Then I went on to the "offer" tasks.

The "offer" tasks are for what are called the "events". We have two "events" every week. They come back around after a while, so do not dismay if you miss any. The mermaid you speak of is part of one of the events going on right now.
At a really early stage in the game, it is best not to get involved in the events - especially if you do not have all of the areas open yet.
If you do all of the "major" events, it will lead you through opening up all of the areas. Once you have all of the rooms of paris open, you will be in a pretty good place to play a few events. Not all events just need bellows manor (starting land) and paris. Some require even more. So you won't be able to do the whole event.
Not only that - but events are timed. They only run for 6 days or so. And there is lots to do, especially for a newcomer.

I am here to help. but I think I am running out of room. maybe I will PM (private message) you.

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

NEED BEGINNER HELP - SO MANY QUESTIONS

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Oct 18, 17 7:02 PM
tahitianpearl wrote:I'm on at Level 23 - so many questions. Is there somewhere I can find walkthrough help?

I'd really appreciate any help.

Glad you've joined us. One place to look for help is on the first page of this forum on the upper left side under "Helpful Links for Rooms of Memory." Under "Tips, Tricks, and Guides" you'll find a link to "Sharing Some Tips of the Game." Many experienced players shared their knowledge on that thread especially to help new players like you.

You'll also find links to other threads such as Expedition Advice that will be useful as you play the game.

Another excellent source of information is on Wikia. Again experienced RoM players have put out tons of information both general and step by step specific. Search "rooms of memory wiki" that will bring it up, it will be the first one.

I played for several months knowing nothing and just stumbled through trying to figure out what I was doing. Now it's 2+ years later and I'm still here. Just continue to ask questions, someone will always answer. One thing to remember is that there are many ways to play this game and your choices will change over time as you find the best way for you. Just relax and enjoy the game.

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 10:12:52 PM PST

[Post New]by VictoriaFine on Oct 23, 17 9:26 AM
Rooms of Memory is such a curious game. Just like falling down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland there are no posted rules and you have to rely on some of the strangest creatures and kooky language to make your way. You will make some good friends along the way. And this is what makes it so fun and mysterious. Be sure to post your neighbor code and ask some of the forum participants to add you as a neighbor.
Relax and enjoy the adventure.
Here is the Rooms of Memory Wiki link with lots of great tips.
http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/General

smallcharm
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by smallcharm on Oct 30, 17 8:51 AM
These are all the same questions I had when I first started. I am so structured that I forgot how to be fluid. Vulcaness is correct. It is the best way to build up your artifacts and learn the game. There is a path through the game and each level it gets easier and you get more gold, energy, etc. Also, read through the forum, there are so many threads to help the beginner, I did and I found it so helpful. It does take time but the game is long and I mean long; you will have the time to read. There are so many people who are willing to assist you in your journey so don't be afraid to ask... be well and happy gaming..

Go to: