Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: Blinding Love Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 19, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/19/2017 at 9:06:24 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Chimeras: Blinding Love Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 19, 17 3:49 AM
@Daxadillion
both threads say tech issues

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: Blinding Love Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 19, 17 6:39 AM
Thanks pennmom36, I have corrected it now.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Chimeras: Blinding Love Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 19, 17 6:40 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was watching AFV and there was a cute little toddler who kept suggesting the same item when her mother asked her what they should eat, "how about cupcakes?" each and every time. I picture the same scenario going on inside the think tanks of the various writers, when deciding on a theme, "how about a traveling circus?" "how about a traveling dance show, how about a traveling circus?" In my opinion, Chimeras had one of the most creative and original plots when they released Tune of Revenge, and that particular game received a 4.7 average rating from BF reviewers! If you take the average ratings from the last 4 games in this series, not including this current game, the overall average rating is 3.7, which spells average! So, how about a traveling circus?

They say Love is Blind, but Adalinda's love is paralyzingly blinding! Adalinda is the star attraction of the Traveling Circus show, Chimera Magic, but her attraction is deadly! Men can't control their desires for the fiery dancer, her beauty draws them in like a magnet to metal. But once she removes her mask, her gaze renders her relentless suitors blind and paralyzed. Adalinda may have gone too far this time, when Julien is the latest victim to suffer this lovers affliction, because mother Marie has vowed to stop this carney once and for all. How about a traveling circus?

There are 27 Morphing Roses to find one in each scene, 36 Jigsaw Puzzle pieces to assemble 3 different Screensavers once all 12 pieces of each SS is collected. There are also 12 Collectible Chimeras Cards, which give you a small Chimeras factoid about the 3 headed mythological Greek fire breathing creature.

The Hidden Object scenes bored me to tears, I would have given anything for a HOP skip feature. The first one required you to find objects matching Keywords in a sentence, thankfully I was able to decipher the keyword "stuff" successfully. The next, a simple Interactive List find with more stuff to find in a somewhat blurry scene. By the time the third HOP rolled around, I not only spotted the 4 masks to open the List, at break neck speed, but was able to find all objects on the list, without even reading them, by simply guessing at which items stuck out like a sore thumb. The final HOP in the demo switched it up a bit with Silhouetted Shape finds in an even blurrier scene. Thankfully this was the last HOP encounter in the demo, how about a traveling circus?

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Oct 19, 17 6:51 AM
pennmom36 wrote:...but was able to find all objects on the list, without even reading them, by simply guessing at which items stuck out like a sore thumb.

Funny you should say that. I have often thought that this should be a feature, i.e. a difficulty setting: check or un-check No description of hidden objects. It would make some of these "cookie cutter" (or cupcake cutter? ) games more interesting. Food for thought?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 19, 17 8:39 AM
@steve_san

That's actually a good idea!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 19, 17 9:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Chimeras: Blinding Love Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Chimeras: Blinding Love Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 19, 17 11:19 AM
Yawn...i couldn't wait for the demo to be over. The graphics were nice music was okay, but the story was boring. I thought the ho scenes were very blurry in some and then way too easy in others because there wasn't many items to sort through. Another turn off is puzzles/mini games back to back. Even if i liked the story and it held my attention i still don't know if i would have bought it given the back to back puzzles, which for me is distracting to the flow of the story. I like some puzzles, but not back to back. It's irritating when they do it with ho scenes as well, but this demo did not have that problem. From past experience these devs along with others have a tendency to throw those on heavy at the end, which is frustrating. It's a no buy for me..even as a SE.
What a bummer as i was really looking forward to a new game to play. Guess i will go back and play evil pumpkin, now there's a game these devs should take some notes from.

Edited on 10/19/2017 at 11:23:18 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 19, 17 11:23 AM
It's the same old song ----

in another "much-beloved" series that is as cookie cutter, repetitious, and boring as it gets.

I really wonder why BF continues to push out sequel after sequel after sequel of these "much-beloved" or "wildly popular" series of games that are nothing more than disappointing rehashes of mediocre games, like this one which seems to have been very quickly been rolled down the assembly line with a story that is inane and subpar graphics.

Where is the originality?
Where are the fresh ideas?

I suppose there are gamers, particularly newbies, that buy these ---- after all, these recycled duds are all that are being offered. And as long as they sell at a certain pace, that is what we will continue to see.
So, give this one a go, or just play another title in this "much-beloved" series ---- they are virtually the same.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Oct 19, 17 1:32 PM
Compared to some of other spooky games that have come out this month, I like this one! Is it great? No, but enjoyable. Its short like most of the games nowadays but cant do anything about that! 4 chapters + bonus chapter, I like the HO variety. Just give game a chance, demo gives you enough time to decide. New or old gamer's might like it. Ive been gaming for 20yrs!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 20, 17 4:06 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I mostly review on the game and not much on the story, as others do a much better job than I. I believe this is #6 in this series, and naturally I have them all. Graphics are well done, very clear and without blurring when moving in or out of cut scenes. Colors are nice and almost too bright without being over powering. For some reason, they added a lot of pinks to this game, along with the overly bright orange, which to me detracts from the scenery. Animation is well done, with smooth movements. Voice overs are well done, and are age, character and setting appropriate. Game play was very good, with no problems at all during the demo. Music is soothing, but since it was set in a circus, I would have thought there would be more circus type sounds and music. Somewhat lacking in this department. Even at that, the SFX we have are well done.

Hops are varied, with interactive lists and highlighted words in the demo. Maybe there will be more added as the game progresses. We don't have something different to switch to if we don't care for the HOPs. They are fairly clear, but some are a little cluttered...still items are not difficult to find. Puzzles were nothing new, but some did have a little challenge to them and those that did, took me a little time and thought to complete. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport to longer locations. There is a lot of back tracking in this addition as well. The map is very bland and boring, so having the transport feature is very nice. Actually, I found no need to use the map at all. One thing I find annoying in any game, is the fact that when you have found all items in a close up scene, it should close automatically. Otherwise, I waste a lot of time looking around for something else that isn't there. Maddening.

Collectibles are nicely done. We need to find 36 jigsaw pieces, which are fairly large, but can be blended into the surrounding scenery quite well. We use these to complete 3 jigsaw puzzles. These can be anywhere in a scene. We also have 27 morphing flowers. These can be a single flower or a bouquet and morph fairly quickly. They are quite large, but easy to miss. We also have 12 Chimera fact cards to find. You find these laying around anywhere and some are a bit small. Since there are only 12, it is easy to forget about them.

This addition to this series has an interesting story line, not the usual "save Mom" type of game. I really got into the story in this one and got caught up in it fairly quickly. I was rather disappointed when the demo ended. There is so much going on in this one, that I didn't get bored with all the back tracking. I find that I have the need to play this one out and see what is happening and why. I think most all levels of players will find this one a little challenging and somewhat fun. Yes, I am adding this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 15, 17 9:23 PM
What a boring game. I was almost falling asleep at one point. So many inventory items to collect, going back and forth trying to remember where they go. It is utterly tiring. Once again a game overwhelmed with puzzle after puzzle. Poor hos which I mainly breezed through...not much effort put into them. The color in them and art work was poor. It is plain to see that developers are now puzzle obsessed and are centering their efforts on that. I skip most of them in games and I will not buy them. I'd like to be able to play a game and enjoy a story without all these mini games and excessive inventory items taking over game play. What story? There is not a story with all this busy busy going on. It's exhausting. And why are these games categorized as Hidden Object games when they are everything but that? There is no balance in these games anymore and I truly wish they would just make a separate category of Puzzle/ Adventure/ Mini games, and leave to those of us who enjoy HOGS to just that. They sure don't make them like they used to, and I am finding myself playing older games, enjoying and appreciating them like never before.

Go to: