mhoram
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Lesterlass ditched me!?!

[Post New]by mhoram on Oct 19, 17 1:26 PM
Well, I suspect it was probably an inadvertent "delete", but is that what it means when one of my merry band of friends suddenly moves to the "invited" tab???

M

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:Lesterlass ditched me!?!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 19, 17 1:56 PM
Yes. If you accidentally delete them, they go in your "declined" tab.

[Post New]by Teriyaki42182 on Oct 21, 17 8:40 AM

I haven't yet... but I've been very tempted to delete the "friends" that ONLY have very expensive gifts on their Wish List, then day after day send me the cheapest item on my list.
So far, I have sent something of equal or greater value to everyone who has gifted me. However this is getting too expensive to continue. Especially since I have 5 "friends" (???) who do this everyday. I prefer my friends that keep a range in value of Wish List items.

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 21, 17 9:08 AM
Really expensive items on someone's list all the time can be really problematic especially during a seasonal event. If you're new and only have a few friends it can prevent you from getting your cornucopia cards during a 24 period (been there) and putting an item of lower value is a courtesy for those low on inventory, cash, diamonds and lower levels.

If (some) friends could be a little more sensitive with their high valued items, reciprocate in some form or fashion (as we know you're active and increasing your levels after 30 days, holiday inventory is a dead giveaway) and rotate inventory I know it would make the holiday seasons more joyous for everyone. 99% of my friends are active and give graciously! However common courtesy dictates that if you send a friend invite it means you want to be a friend (otherwise there would be a fe, we or se meaning seasonal only next to your name) and I do not decline invites. I currently have 83 friends and having this many active friends is a miracle and I love it. You got mail takes on a whole different meaning 7 days a week!!!!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 21, 17 9:32 AM
I gift what I can and try to gift what my friends ask for .
It can be hard because I have 134 friends and try to gift 15 a day if not at lest ten.
I have very loyal friends who gift me every day and I return them when THEY ARE ON LOL.
But some gift and want nothing in return *** No Gifts*** or *** blank wish list**** and that is hard for me but whatchagoindo???
I always try to help loyal levels to on my list .
I know it is hard * Delete or keep* and that my dear friends is always an individuals
choice.
Randy

Kyothecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kyothecat on Oct 22, 17 6:53 PM
eastendteddy.....how do you gift ten or fifteen friends a day? My game always tells me you can help five friends today and then cuts me off until the next "day" starts. Thanks!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Oct 22, 17 7:07 PM
Hi Kyothecat,

You can gift 5 friends, 3 times per day. Gifting is available every 8 hours

Your game starts at Greenwich Mean Time, which means the day roll over is different in all parts of the world.

Mine on the East Coast of Australia, with the Exception of Queensland, Starts a 11:00, until 18:59
my next gifting slot is 19:00 unit 02:59
and the next one starts at 03:00 until 10:59

The clock around your Daily Quest Icon is another good way to tell when your gifting slots start.

24 - 8 = 16
16 - 8 = 08
08 - 8 = 00

Hope this helps and if this is not clear, I'm sure someone else can do it better.

Cheers,

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Oct 22, 17 7:10 PM
Kyothecat wrote:eastendteddy.....how do you gift ten or fifteen friends a day? My game always tells me you can help five friends today and then cuts me off until the next "day" starts. Thanks!

Your *clock* resets every 8 hours so that you can gift 5 people 3x daily. As I do not know where you are, count 8 hours from the GMT time when your new *day* opens. For me that's 4:00am, so no. It resets again at noon. Keep checking your Wish list and you will know the times...

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 23, 17 9:43 AM
Hi Kyothecat
Now that I am off on medical leave recuperating from knee replacement ( second one done) I have more time to play and gift.
I am in Canada so I gift 5 friends around 9 am 5 friends at 12 noon and 5 at 8 pm
Hope this help to answer your question
Randy

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Oct 23, 17 3:26 PM
Eastendteddy, welcome to the bi-lateral knee replacement club. I had both of mine done at the same time a few years ago. People who don't know me have no idea that I have 2 artificial knees, but the airports in Memphis and Dallas know!

I also try to gift 3 times a day. I live in the central time zone in the US. (The deep South!) I usually get up around 6 or 7 a.m. and do my first round of gifts. After lunch, I can do another round. At dinner time, I can do the third. Good luck!

ShaSha

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Oct 23, 17 4:33 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:Hi Kyothecat,

The clock around your Daily Quest Icon is another good way to tell when your gifting slots start.

24 - 8 = 16
16 - 8 = 08
08 - 8 = 00

Hope this helps and if this is not clear, I'm sure someone else can do it better.

Cheers,

Thank you, now this makes perfect sense to me!!

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Oct 25, 17 8:36 PM
My day resets at 5:00 PM (will be 4:00 when DST ends) and I seldom am up at 1:00 AM to send second gift. The 5 days a week that I don't go anywhere in the morning, I gift around 7:00 or 8:00 AM. This puts next gift time at 3:00 or 4:00 PM, but even gifting that close to my day reset time I can still gift again after 5:00. When we go back on Standard time in a couple weeks I will be up at midnight much of the time so I can do my second gift then, and should be able to do 3 rounds most of the time.

Go to: