Halloween gifting

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Oct 21, 17 4:40 AM
Could fellow players maybe put one item that is'nt halloween on their list, most of us are trying to collect and cant gift them, feel bad not gifting you back, just a bag of pet food or airship item, got loads of airship items happy to give away. thanks Embers.

whitemane
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

Re:Halloween gifting

[Post New]by whitemane on Oct 21, 17 5:20 AM
Agree with you. Think many players doing this are going to find receiving gifts is going to be pretty slim till lots more people have completed their Ghost chasing and have the 3 new avatars and have created the 2 new pets.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 21, 17 5:42 AM
I don't put the Halloween stuff on my list because I expect people to give it to me and it's not the only thing on my list. I put it on because sometimes if you put something on your wish list the game will give you more of it from the HOS. Not always, but it does happen.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Oct 21, 17 6:24 AM
I have a unique stamp on my list so I can continue to swap unique stamps with other players and increase their drop rate.

Embers,

If you put a unique stamp on your list, I will happily swap with you.

Poppet

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 21, 17 8:29 AM
Gifting candy to receive a different candy is a good way to even out the types of candy.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Oct 21, 17 9:34 AM
Thanks Poppet, have done. So desperate for the Halloween guinea pig, my guinea pig rules the roost in my house, spoiled rotten!!

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Oct 21, 17 2:55 PM
I have one friend who is only asking for the items required to gift the new pets. They are a regular gifter but this is annoying as we are right at the beginning of this event. I put the odd candy on my list but mainly in the hope it will fall from the HOS's. I don't like not returning gifts but I am also trying for the new pets so don't want to give the little I have away.!! Hope I don't sound like a Scrooge. I do normally try to gift generously.

SammyJah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SammyJah on Oct 21, 17 5:05 PM
I’m having a similar problem and being new to the game I’m not sure if it is normal. I have added a friend from the forum thread but they only ever have high end eggs on their wish list and now they’ve changed to only have ghost traps. They never gift to me I’m assuming because I can never gift to them.

Is there a good strategic reason for them doing this? I’m not sure of all the intricacies of the game at this point.

[Post New]by judity73 on Oct 21, 17 5:32 PM
Nimbus2525 wrote:I have one friend who is only asking for the items required to gift the new pets. They are a regular gifter but this is annoying as we are right at the beginning of this event. I put the odd candy on my list but mainly in the hope it will fall from the HOS's. I don't like not returning gifts but I am also trying for the new pets so don't want to give the little I have away.!! Hope I don't sound like a Scrooge. I do normally try to gift generously.

[Post New]by judity73 on Oct 21, 17 5:34 PM
i would gladly help out but I don`t knowhow to find friends. Is there any where that you can find people seeking friends

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 21, 17 6:17 PM
judity73 wrote:i would gladly help out but I don`t knowhow to find friends. Is there any where that you can find people seeking friends

On first page of this forum... go to: Helpful Links for Midnight Castle... in one of the first few yellow boxes you will find:

Re:Helpful Links for Midnight Castle

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 11, 14 3:22 PM
Friend Codes:

iOS Friend Codes

PC Friend Codes

Friends for Android

You will need to go to the thread specific to your device.... you can not add friends from devices other than the type on which you play... Look at the last pages as these are the most recent people wanting to add friends... You can also add your number if you so choose...

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Oct 21, 17 6:35 PM
I have a ghost trap on my gift list because it increases the drop rate... it really does seem to work!

BaywayJ
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by BaywayJ on Oct 21, 17 9:22 PM
Skdu wrote:I have a ghost trap on my gift list because it increases the drop rate... it really does seem to work!

I think I'll try that for a little while.
Bay

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 22, 17 8:04 AM
My usual policy is to stay out of threads involving gifting.

Normally, I don't get bothered about what my friends have on their list. Their list, their choice.

If I can send it, I do. If what they are asking for is something I don't want to gift, I don't. That's my choice. They then have the choice to either stop gifting me, and mentally move me to their special event friends list, or delete me.

However, I am beyond frustrated with Fall gifting. In previous seasonal events, my maxed out level friends and I, happily I thought, traded candies back and forth. It was a win, win, I though. We both got our postcards, and we gave away candy that we had more of to receive candy we had less of.

In the past year, I had picked up some friends for whom this is their first Fall event. I want to help them get the achievement for 2,000 pumpkins. Unfortunately, my maxed out level friends don't know the meaning of the word "swap".

So, I've decided to limit my wish list to the pumpkin (to help those who want to swap), and the ghost trap (to help increase the drop rate). I've added the words 'NO gifts' to my avatar.

If you want to SWAP pumpkins with me, fine. If you receive anything other than a pumpkin from me, you don't have to gift me back. If you send me a pumpkin and there's no pumpkin on your list, I'll assume that YOU don't want anything in return. If you want to delete me as a friend, fine.

Edited on 10/22/2017 at 8:06:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Oct 22, 17 8:56 AM
I had been flagging friends that I received gifts from that I couldn't return thinking eventually they would change their list to something I could return. Now I just assume they aren't expecting a return gift and move on to the next person on my list. It still bothers me to receive something without reciprocating, but that is the nature of the game. Just glad to be receiving so many gifts. Thanks all.

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Oct 22, 17 9:34 AM
I am more than happy to gift pumpkins and stamps (all of them) to anyone since I don't need them any more. However, it is my policy, based on 2 or 3 years of play, to only gift to those who gift to me or who have posted on the forum or PM'd me that they need those specific items that I don't need. I keep a note in my cell phone of who gifted and what. As soon as possible, I try to give them a gift of equal or greater value. When I've repaid them, I delete the note. Since I have a number of really good friends, I usually gift 15 gifts a day. If I get too far behind, I close my wish list until I catch up. Right now, I have a ghost trap on my list to increase drops from HOS (please don't feel the need to send them to me), 2 halloween items (again to increase drop chances), and 1 airship item. After several weeks, I did delete a friend who only had eggs and high value items on his/her list and who only sent really low value gifts to me. Not trying to be greedy, but fair is fair. I did feel a little guilty, but have managed to get over it.

So, if anyone needs pumpkins or stamps, let me know, and I will try to send them if I can after I gift all of those who have gifted to me. I'd rather gift them than to cash them in for coins or shards.

Go to: