Why The Rush.....

Why The Rush.....

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Oct 21, 17 8:09 AM
To collect all of the ghosts so early in the season? You have a month and a half to accomplish it. Why spend all of those diamonds just so that you can brag about getting them all caught and getting those achievement awards so soon?

I noticed this behavior the last 3 seasonal events; people rushing to collect the flying creatures to get them all early on, spending untold amounts of diamonds and bragging about getting the achievements early on. I didn’t understand why you did this then anymore than now.

Quite frankly, it kind of takes the fun out of it for me when you do this and I bet that I am not the only one. This isn’t a race to see who can accomplish what the quickest, unless you have a private competition between some of you that I don’t know about.

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy that you accomplished these things, but I don’t need to know about them 2 days to a week into the event. Please, give us slower players a chance to get to get some of our own achievements, please.

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Why The Rush.....

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 21, 17 8:11 AM

VALINATOR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by VALINATOR on Oct 21, 17 8:32 AM
I'm guessing because some want to use the avatars during the event

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 21, 17 8:44 AM
Some of us had to spend diamonds on ghost traps to complete the 10 daily quests for the Castle Challenge before time runs out in a few days.

After which I'm taking the Fall Event at a nice steady pace. Have 41 days left to get all of the achievements and pets.

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Oct 21, 17 8:58 AM
I started off fast, spent Diamonds I wish I had back !! Then I thought, have I not learned anything from all these years I have been playing ?? I stopped doing the DQ's, and now just do all of the areas, collecting lots of coin tons of inventory, and I have 40 days to do this !! Joy, joy !!
Betslou41

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Oct 21, 17 9:44 AM
Only because of the CC. That's why.

D-NY

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 21, 17 10:08 AM
I guess it's all about perspective .IMO if someone has earned diamonds patiently playing the puzzles,then chooses to spend them getting the achievements then why not,it is their game.Its possible they may have commitments that will eat into their 40 days.
Just about every page on the forum has posts where we commiserate with each other when things go wrong & we share each other's joy when achievements are met.
I still haven't completed the last update (my choice) but I wouldn't want players to stop posting about their progress or make them feel uncomfortable if they did.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 21, 17 10:12 AM
Most of the players try to get all the ghost in the beginning because the longer it takes you the harder they are to collect more so that LAST on you need, I learned that the hard way last year.
you can always get diamonds back on the Puzzles maybe not all you spent but maybe break even
Good luck to all us Ghost Chaser's

*** I aint fraid no Ghost ***

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 10:12:57 AM PST

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Oct 21, 17 10:24 AM
excuse me... I was excitedly chasing after the rewards for ghost hunting... ..now that I have them I am calm cool and collecting what I need for the two new and oh so adorable pets...besides the events are fun way for us to support our CASTLE'S Developers...eh ...

woohoo I got that to die for cat about a hour ago

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 21, 17 10:31 AM

woohoo I got that to die for cat about a hour ago

WHAT that kitty kat is mine .....oh wait a minute no he's/she's not, he's/she's here for everyone so congrats (sorta kinda but perhaps a little jealous - all in good fun)

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Oct 21, 17 10:56 AM
Those of us who completed the red, green, and blue ghosts only have the other three to finish. I can't even imagine having to do all six colors of ghosts at once. What do you do? Don't sleep, don't eat, don't leave the computer for a month? They'd find a skeleton at the computer in my house.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 21, 17 11:14 AM
I hear ya still chasing that last yellow sucker GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and trying to wipe dem yellow blue green red Azur violet dots from me gummy eyeballs
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LvlSlgr
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by LvlSlgr on Oct 21, 17 11:37 AM
I had to buy a few of the ghost traps to finish that one task in the CC, but now I'm taking it easy because we have almost 6 weeks. I'll just do the boring rounds to gather what I need. If I were to spend diamonds (and I have more than enough) it would be to get the cute little Halloween guinea pig. I really like him!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 21, 17 11:42 AM
Same as others, I usually play quietly and finish chasing ghosts/globes/eggs/whatever on the very last days of the events (and it is sometimes stressful to find the last missing ones!).

But as it was mentioned, the CC made it impossible (for me) this year, so I bought traps with diamonds. I'll go back to normal after that, shall ignore DQs for quite a (long) while and try to accumulate as much as I can before the next CC appears and then ... well then, we'll see!

Happy gaming!

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Oct 21, 17 12:22 PM
Theorem wrote:Same as others, I usually play quietly and finish chasing ghosts/globes/eggs/whatever on the very last days of the events (and it is sometimes stressful to find the last missing ones!).

But as it was mentioned, the CC made it impossible (for me) this year, so I bought traps with diamonds. I'll go back to normal after that, shall ignore DQs for quite a (long) while and try to accumulate as much as I can before the next CC appears and then ... well then, we'll see!

Happy gaming!

Am I missing something as I cannot see an option to buy traps with diamonds?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 21, 17 12:30 PM
mommduck wrote:
Theorem wrote:Same as others, I usually play quietly and finish chasing ghosts/globes/eggs/whatever on the very last days of the events (and it is sometimes stressful to find the last missing ones!).

Happy gaming!

Am I missing something as I cannot see an option to buy traps with diamonds?

when you run out completely, and click on a ghost, there is a prompt that asks you if you want to purchase some for 3 diamonds each... you can say no thanks or buy as MANY as you want.... as long as you have the diamonds, that is...

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 21, 17 12:47 PM
I went in to panic mode when fall event started.. I had no fall items saved from ladt year. It was a very very VERY long day to get the 10 pumpkin quests done.. but I did it and without spending a single diamond

I still work hard at the quests because I realy want those pets and along the way I got all the new ghosts exept the last yellow one YES I do feel the urge to catch every single yellow ghost I see on my rounds.. but I know I will get it ... tomorrow

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Oct 21, 17 2:42 PM
I have finally completed the DQ 10 parter in my smaller game and heaved a sigh of relief. I will not be rushing now to get all the new ghosts. Just play it slowly for traps so I don't have to use heaps of diamonds I had four in a row of quests for the last years ghosts, one candy and another one for last years!! And guess what the next one is - last year's ones again!!

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Oct 21, 17 3:34 PM
I am trying to get these three achievements out of the way, so I can then concentrate more on doing the rounds and finishing DQ's to get the items needed to craft the pets.

I don't really want to leave these achievement's to the last minute in case I never get them.

This is the way I like to play. Everyone plays at a different pace and I respect that.

On the note of ghost achievements I have so far collected 149 Azure ghosts and still waiting for the last one

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 3:34:40 PM PST

milalonica
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by milalonica on Oct 21, 17 5:11 PM
I have to rush. In a few days I travel to Sweden, and I will not be able to play MC. I'll be back for Christmas event.

Go to: