bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 6, 10 1:54 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Escape the Lost Kingdom? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by mamawathome on May 6, 10 3:30 AM
I was really enjoying the game. I can't believe it was only about two and a half or three hours long.

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on May 6, 10 4:25 AM
mamawathome wrote:I was really enjoying the game. I can't believe it was only about two and a half or three hours long.

Typical - and no timer OPTION means throwing $$$ to the wind for me. That is my opinion.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on May 6, 10 5:25 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Right up my street but I was soooooo disappointed that it only took me 1hr 20mins to play from start to finish so not very good value for money on the whole.

PaulG
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by PaulG on May 6, 10 5:59 AM
Nice enough, but very short so a no buy from me. Seems the trend now is short games for the most part. I think my game purchases have dropped 80% over the last several months due to this and just generally a drop in quality games. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 6, 10 5:59 AM
I didn't care for this one ,,Not sure what it was that didn't quite jive , But at one point I tried to skip a puzzle with the pipes , & even though I had waited for the button to let me skip , it wouldn't let me ..so even though the developers had put some time & effort in to this game , I don't think it was enough , Story line ..leaves me high & dry ..By the way when I played this the other site , it had a price tag on it ,,20 $ I would have a hard time spending 6.99 $ on this one .

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 6, 10 6:49 AM
This is a really good adventure game with a few hogelements in it. I really like it. I have played with my 3 d glasses but you can also play without the glasses. The game seems to be a little bit complicated at the beginning, but it isn`t. Its a relaxing game with a very nice story. I like especially that you switch between the different persons. The voiceacting is also good and also the hogscenes (no fuzzy graphic or tiny object). Thanks , thats a buy for me

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 6, 10 7:14 AM
I wanted to like this game but am having a difficult time. A bit too easy for me with almost completing the game in the hour demo. The storyline itself is a bit lame and I wonder how much the developers really thought beyond offering 3D hoping the gamer would be wowed beyond the flaws. I mean how difficult is it to get the cats name correct when it's the basis for the story. Is it Jinxie or is it Jynx? That may sound trivial but it is a bugaboo of mine.

3D and me don't jibe so I played this game without. Though the nausea I get with 3D glasses may have helped the game. Ooops, my bad.

Anyway... this is a no purchase for me. Just not lovin' it. Heck, just not likin' it.

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 7:23:05 AM PST

star82601
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by star82601 on May 6, 10 8:04 AM
i love this game-while some think it is too short-what is there is good play.i love the 3-D and and so far this game is good for the 6.99 i paid for it.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 6, 10 8:21 AM
I beta'd the game and loved it! I'm getting ready to play the released version today to see what, if anything, was changed since the beta.

Smallhaven, I thought the difference in the cat's name wasn't a mistake but was just another form of the same name by adding the 2nd syllable. However, I didn't notice the spelling difference.

I also thought the part that was available in the beta was which was just up to Chapter 3 (I think) was fairly long. I know it took me 2-3 sessions of over an hours playing and there was still plenty of the map the beta didn't get to so I'm kind of surprised at hearing that it seems to be a short game.

Will BF be getting the Collector's Edition of this game?

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 8:25:02 AM PST

[Post New]by overthehill60 on May 6, 10 8:44 AM
I tried the demo of this game on another site and found there to be quite a few problems with the running of the game. After about ten minutes I got bored and decided to exit the game. I could not exit the game normally but ended up having to shut down my computer. Once I restarted my computer, I had to readjust the resolution. Those were tech problems I know but I thought the rest of this forum should know about these issues. As far as game play itself, I was not impressed at all. Some areas were quite easy and others, like removing the stones from the quary ( sorrry for any misspelled words) left me cold. The hint button didn't clue me into how to get the stones so I spent a lot of time figuring it out myself.
I may be in the minority on my opinion of the game so I'd recommend others demo the game and make there own decision.
As usual, these are just my opinions. I wish all of you BF gamers a wonderful day.
EDIT: The example of the stones in the quary was a mistake. That happened in another game. The rest of my post was correct. Sorry for the mix up. (again, forgive my spelling mistakes)

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 9:44:21 AM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 6, 10 8:54 AM
overthehill60 wrote:I tried the demo of this game on another site and found there to be quite a few problems with the running of the game. After about ten minutes I got bored and decided to exit the game. I could not exit the game normally but ended up having to shut down my computer. Once I restarted my computer, I had to readjust the resolution. Those were tech problems I know but I thought the rest of this forum should know about these issues. As far as game play itself, I was not impressed at all. Some areas were quite easy and others, like removing the stones from the quary ( sorrry for any misspelled words) left me cold. The hint button didn't clue me into how to get the stones so I spent a lot of time figuring it out myself.
I may be in the minority on my opinion of the game so I'd recommend others demo the game and make there own decision.
As usual, these are just my opinions. I wish all of you BF gamers a wonderful day.

When I played this game at the other site , my computer did the same exact thing , I didn't have that problem here , I found the other glitch that wouldn't let you use the skip button , Big disappointment ..OH WELL !!!!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on May 6, 10 9:14 AM
I just played the demo and am torn as to whether or not to buy this game. I like it so far. It's not hard and there's no timer, that's always a good thing for me! I may not be the brightest bulb in the lamp, but I don't see how it could be that short of a game! I played the whole hour, and still have a lot to find and do; at least that's what I'm thinking. What to do, what to do!?!?!?!?!?! It is a cool game, think I'll go for it!

I would like to mention, tho, in BFG's defense, they ONLY charge $6.99 for their games........imagine paying $19.95 for a game you're dissatisified with!

Pharthead
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Pharthead on May 6, 10 9:40 AM
How does the 3d mode work? Do I need to buy glasses?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 6, 10 9:48 AM
This is a buy for me too. Really enjoyed the demo, not too easy but not too hard, very enjoyable hour played and look forward to seeing how it ends.

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on May 6, 10 10:08 AM
I also was wondering about the 3D glasses? Where do you get them?

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 6, 10 10:12 AM
Didn't make it through the demo. Graphics too fuzzy - what I thought looked like a coin was actually a beetle. Didn't like the voices, not very interested in the story. I appreciate a lot of thought has gone into this game, but it's definitely not for me. I'm still recovering from finishing Love & Death Bitten. It's a hard act to follow!!!

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on May 6, 10 10:17 AM
Where does one get 3D glasses? Do they make the game more enjoyable? How does that work?

SPOILER ALERT

[Post New]by nnrobertson on May 6, 10 11:12 AM
Bought the game and finished it today. Definitely on the short side. I enjoy these type of hidden object adventure games. I enjoyed the storyline at first, however was thoroughly disappointed by the end of the game. I don't feel like they did enough to develop the storyline. It was almost as if we were supposed to make assumptions about what happened. For example, when you put the painting together, there's no real explanation at all about the painting's final image and the reason it's there. There's also no real explanation for the item you get once you finish putting the painting together. It's very disjointed. When they're leaving the pyramid, Emily says something like, "can't you see, the forgotten pharaoh is free." What??!?? Where did that come in and how exactly did they free him? Regardless of the storyline, it was an ok game. Definitely glad I did not spend $19.95 on it.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 6, 10 11:47 AM
I didn't care much for this game, though there really is nothing wrong with it. The voice acting was very good and the graphics were pretty good but it just didn't pull me into the game play. I think part of the reason is the theme-another Egyptian game. There have been several Egyptian games and I guess I'm just tired of that subject.

Go to: