bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Escape the Lost Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 6, 10 1:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 10:06:14 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Post any Escape the Lost Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 6, 10 5:59 AM
Can't see top of instructions. Tried a few diff. resolutions. So I can only see instructions in window mode.I don't play games in window mode.
Spent all but 18 min. of my demo trying to fix it. I have a wide screen mon.
So much for this game

Edited on 05/06/2010 at 6:02:42 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 6, 10 6:35 AM
The skip button on the pipe game won't work! Please help.............:-) I HATE pipe games, and this problem has ruined this game for me as I can't progress!
Is there a walkthrough anywhere please?
What with this and the 'Eternity' issue, its not been a great week.

[Post New]by ToyBoxer on May 6, 10 7:43 AM
for the skip button on the pipes game, when you press skip a block appears on the right side of the maze, you need to pick up the block to complete the scene. It's the reward for solving the puzzle.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 6, 10 7:50 AM
belamba wrote:The skip button on the pipe game won't work! Please help.............:-) I HATE pipe games, and this problem has ruined this game for me as I can't progress!

I beta'd this game, and if I remember correctly, you have to wait for the skip button to fill up before you can use it. However, I don't think it takes very long to fill.

HTH!

Master Library - jewel puzzle

[Post New]by popokiwoman on May 6, 10 8:09 AM
When I found the first jewel I placed in in the puzzle - now that I'm back with the rest it won't let me do anything. The gems are all at the bottom of the puzzle but I can't move them and I can't remove the one I already placed - anyone else having this problem? thanks!

[Post New]by popokiwoman on May 6, 10 8:16 AM
Never mind my last post - I just exited the game and got an error message saying that the file had not been saved - and sure enough when I went back in my profile was there but I was back at the beginning of the game - not even sure if I want to play all the way through again...
grr

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 6, 10 8:16 AM
belamba wrote:The skip button on the pipe game won't work! Please help.............:-) I HATE pipe games, and this problem has ruined this game for me as I can't progress!

The walkthrough for Escape the Lost Kingdom in the Big Fish Games Blog. Please copy and paste the link below into your address:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/escape-the-lost-kingdom-walkthrough/

Margie B

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 6, 10 7:34 PM
Didn't get to play very much, First problem came when I found the statues and tried to go back to the previous scene to search. It looked like the game froze, but the cursor could be moved, but nothing else worked. Then all of a sudden it flipped to the scene outside the tomb. Did the hidden objects, found key, went back inside, got inside the tomb, family got split up, went with Emily, solved the first puzzle, and then game froze again when I tired to leave the scene. But the cursor still worked. But Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't. Had to turn off my computer,

So, it could be my computer. Only have 1gb memory, but I looked at the requirements for the game and no problem there. It could also be that the next scene is loading and just doesn't tell you to have patience. I don't have a lot of patience, so something should be happening.

<big sigh> It actually looks like a decent game, the little I got to play. So, unless someone has a solution, I'm deleting this one and moving on.

Edited: I uninstalled Weather Bug & now the games runs fine. Just a hint to others that sometimes it's not the game, but something else that's running on your computer. While I miss Weather Bug, I now realize that it must have been constantly tying up resources to keep up dated. On an older computer like mine, that's NOT a good idea.

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 6:58:43 AM PST

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on May 7, 10 10:06 AM
It loaded, but I couldn't give it my name or move past that page.

I uninstalled and tried again with exactly the same results.

[Post New]by Arouin on May 8, 10 12:26 AM
I don't think my issue is a hardware issue, I think it's a software issue on Big Fish's side. I downloaded the game and played it for between 30 - 35 minutes (I was seriously considering buying it at that point, but now I'm concerned about it's integrity and think I've changed my mind).

I exited the game to the main menu. I then exited the game from the main menu to Windows XP desktop. The Big Fish Game Manager was running as always and had switched from the "My Games" tab to the tab informing you how many minutes were left in your free trial and asking if you wanted to purchase it or not. This is all normal (at least for me it is). However, instead of saying I had 25 - 30 minutes of my free trial left, it is telling me that my free trial has expired and I must buy it at this point if I wish to continue playing it.

In the grand scheme of things 30 minutes isn't that big of a deal, however, when I'm thinking about spending money on a game I like to get as much exposure to how it's gameplay works and an estimate of how long it might take me to beat the game etc...

Has anyone else had this problem with this game or any other? Is there a way to get the game to let me finish my trial period? I don't know if this is a Big Fish bug, or a bug within the game program itself. I don’t want to pay for a broken game, so until I get more information I won’t be purchasing it.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on May 8, 10 7:16 AM
My tech issue was in the room with the coffin or what ever. You had to take puzzle peiced and put the puzzle together. (This is on the other side of the prince room). I got all the pieces to put the puzzle together set them on the puzzle and was unable to minipulate the puzzle pieces. i couldn't pick them up at all. So I waited until the skip light came on and went on.

KD

[Post New]by mommy2bree on May 8, 10 7:37 AM
KDinMD43 wrote:My tech issue was in the room with the coffin or what ever. You had to take puzzle peiced and put the puzzle together. (This is on the other side of the prince room). I got all the pieces to put the puzzle together set them on the puzzle and was unable to minipulate the puzzle pieces. i couldn't pick them up at all. So I waited until the skip light came on and went on.

KD

I had the same exact problem. I'm in the Priest's Chamber, got all 24 pieces of the puzzle, have them placed on the puzzle board, but cannot move them around to put the puzzle together. I tried closing out of the game, and going back in, to no avail. Am waiting now for the skip to fill up so I can keep going.

lin40
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by lin40 on May 8, 10 3:29 PM
I can't get the pieces of the columns to line up and open the left statue, and the column looks the same with and without the glasses. This game is not that difficult, so this procedure shouldn't require such detail. Anyone else have the same problem? Is there any way to skip this step?

iljhc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by iljhc on May 8, 10 6:02 PM
please help i didnt pick up last piece of stone from painting i went back and everytime i click on the painting its missing pieces.
i already put the painting together.
i dont know how to get the last piece of stone to finish the game please help

bmer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bmer on May 8, 10 6:55 PM
dito on the third stone that should have been with the painting. Got the staff but no stone. help!!!

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on May 8, 10 8:08 PM
I too have done everything but get the 3rd stone - HELP!
May

jandk2a
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Stuck trying to align the pillar stones

[Post New]by jandk2a on May 9, 10 7:34 AM
I got the left pillar stones lined up, but can't get the right one. It sparkles indicating I should do something, but it won't let me turn the stones, so they turn blue. Anyone have any ideas?

[Post New]by lisa42686 on May 10, 10 12:31 PM
Has anyone gotten a response on the third stone? I can't find it either.

[Post New]by rrbwsu2002 on May 11, 10 5:33 PM
I installed the new game but now the property issue error keeps occuring when try to pickup an item. Help and I have updated the drivers for the computer.

Thanks

Go to: